Cracking Smoking Mayor of Toronto

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cracking Smoking Mayor of Toronto

Can anything this guy does not blow up in his face Smiling

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/story/24005733/toronto-mayor-says-he-smoked-crack-maybe-once

TORONTO (AP) - Toronto's scandal-plagued mayor said he's smoked crack "maybe once" and said the city council has no business stripping him of his powers, implying in a television interview Tuesday that many councilors are guilty of similar behavior.

Rob Ford said he has "declared war" after the council acted in response to his admitted crack cocaine use and binge drinking and a series of outbursts in recent days.

The council voted overwhelmingly Monday in favor of slashing Ford's office budget by 60 percent and allowing mayoral staff to join the deputy mayor, Norm Kelly. Ford retains his title and ability to represent Canada's largest city at official functions.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
He's a joke. And one in poor

He's a joke. And one in poor taste.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not going to judge

I'm not going to judge someone for doing stupid things. I know I have done some really stupid shit. But see you guys in this thread called this well off politician a "joke",  but when poor people do the same thing they get harsher prison time and harsher fines that basically turn them into indentured slaves if they do get out.

He should lay of the crack for sure, and should step down. But poor people make the same mistakes and get treated much harsher by law because they have no way to get help, no way to financially legally defend themselves like someone more well off,  or afraid to get help because of the stigma, because poor people are treated like criminals rather than humans with the same problems other classes have. EVERY class will have a ratio of its class that will get on something and abuse it. Addiction is not a class issue. Rush Limbaugh was a pain pill popper.

Now mind you I am only talking about how America treats it's poor and addicted. But if it was a no name poor person who does not make the news like this guy, "joke" would not be the word you'd use. "Loser" or "bumb" or "filth" or "criminal".

You can laugh if you want, he put himself into the public eye, so I am not judging you laughing at him, but merely pointing out the inequity as to how we treat the lesser amongst us.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
As usual, you don't have a

As usual, you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about. This isn't a politician who came out to do the right thing, this is a corrupt asshole who's been denying that he partakes despite being caught on camera, and only admitted it after the police said they had evidence supporting the claims. He thinks Toronto is 1920's New York where he can be in with the mob and do deals in the background. He smokes and drinks in the mayor's office and has his employees go get more when he runs out. He hires prostitutes and associates with gang members. The police are investigating him for multiple activities. He belongs in jail. Him and his equally sleazy brother.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I'm not going

Brian37 wrote:

I'm not going to judge someone for doing stupid things. I know I have done some really stupid shit. But see you guys in this thread called this well off politician a "joke",  but when poor people do the same thing they get harsher prison time and harsher fines that basically turn them into indentured slaves if they do get out.

He should lay of the crack for sure, and should step down. But poor people make the same mistakes and get treated much harsher by law because they have no way to get help, no way to financially legally defend themselves like someone more well off,  or afraid to get help because of the stigma, because poor people are treated like criminals rather than humans with the same problems other classes have. EVERY class will have a ratio of its class that will get on something and abuse it. Addiction is not a class issue. Rush Limbaugh was a pain pill popper.

Now mind you I am only talking about how America treats it's poor and addicted. But if it was a no name poor person who does not make the news like this guy, "joke" would not be the word you'd use. "Loser" or "bumb" or "filth" or "criminal".

You can laugh if you want, he put himself into the public eye, so I am not judging you laughing at him, but merely pointing out the inequity as to how we treat the lesser amongst us.

I don't call crack users losers, bums, filth or criminal. I know some who are perfectly good citizens, albeit with some fucked up personal issues. The only reason they end up being losers, bums and criminals is because of pricks like you who support laws making their addiction illegal forcing them to live on the outskirts of society.

Frankly, I would buy the politicians crack myself if it kept them from having time to come up with more oppressive ways to intrude on my life. Give them all a billion dollars and send them to Aruba to smoke crack, fuck prostitutes and drink themselves into a stupor. It would be a hell of a lot cheaper. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
I see he has gotten himself into even MORE hot water

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-25226506

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford 'tried to buy crack video'

Rob Ford, the mayor of Canada's largest city Toronto, is alleged to have attempted to buy a video that appears to show him smoking crack cocaine.

A police recording shows two suspected gang members apparently discussing an offer by Mr Ford of C$5,000 (£2,900) and a car for the video, weeks before its existence was made public.

Documents detailing the police wiretaps were released on Wednesday by a judge.

Mr Ford has not commented on the latest allegations.

Rumours of the crack video first surfaced in May. Mr Ford initially denied its existence but in October police announced they had recovered the recording.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno