The Knockout Game=Morons

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Knockout Game=Morons

I have been hearing about this on the news and for some reason it really pisses me to no end.

Would be a liar if I said that I wouldn't feel good if one of these assholes got shot dead for it.

One homeless man in my hometown (Hoboken New Jersey) is already dead, and two or three cases in Syracuse.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57613157-504083/knockout-game-targeting-victims-in-several-cities-report-says/

"Knockout" game targeting victims in several cities, report says

A new and brutal "game" that appears to be gaining popularity among some teens has  targeted victims in several cities, reports CBS New York

It's called "knockout."

The "game" consists of a person sneaking up on a random victim and trying to knock them out, typically with a punch.

According to CBS New York, Jews in Brooklyn have been targeted in a series of attacks, the latest victim being a 78-year-old woman from Midwood.

(FUCKING ASSHOLES)

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I have

harleysportster wrote:

I have been hearing about this on the news and for some reason it really pisses me to no end.

Would be a liar if I said that I wouldn't feel good if one of these assholes got shot dead for it.

Agreed.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline

Russian penal colony.  Then they can spend the rest of their lives on the receiving end of the knock out game.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Saw this on the news

Saw this on the news yesterday. Sick sick sick.

I did allot of stupid shit as a teen and if caught would have deserved it. But even with that my friends never would have thought of doing crap like this. Having been bullied too, I hated assholes who got physical just for fun.

Seriously, anyone caught for doing this shit should be put in jail.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:I have

harleysportster wrote:

One homeless man in my hometown (Hoboken New Jersey) is already dead, and two or three cases in Syracuse.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57613157-504083/knockout-game-targeting-victims-in-several-cities-report-says/

"Knockout" game targeting victims in several cities, report says

A new and brutal "game" that appears to be gaining popularity among some teens has  targeted victims in several cities, reports CBS New York

It's called "knockout."

The "game" consists of a person sneaking up on a random victim and trying to knock them out, typically with a punch.

According to CBS New York, Jews in Brooklyn have been targeted in a series of attacks, the latest victim being a 78-year-old woman from Midwood.

(FUCKING ASSHOLES)

I'd hit them so hard they wouldn't want to try it again to any one else.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wtf. My return fire would

Wtf.

My return fire would not be aimed at knocking them out in return, but at causing enormous pain and suffering for as long as possible. Broken bones and kidney shots. Then the same to their friends.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:Wtf. My

Vastet wrote:
Wtf. My return fire would not be aimed at knocking them out in return, but at causing enormous pain and suffering for as long as possible. Broken bones and kidney shots. Then the same to their friends.

I can understand the feeling, and judging your comments you sound physically big enough to handle yourself. But if it is not in the moment and after the fact, you call the police.

I am a pip squeak physically and never learned how to fight. I don't know how much of a help I could be in such a situation other than to run and get help.

But what I have done a couple times with sports bar bullies when I wasn't even talking to them and took umbrage to my trash talk, tried to start a fight with me. I did say, "You can hit me if you want, I won't fight back, but I also won't be the one going to jail". Then they call me "pussy", and walk away. Who cares, it worked, I didn't get hurt and no one went to jail.

I don't know why this new term exists because I was ambushed as a kid by bullies who set me up, I was 13, six boys surrounded me and one of them punched me in the face and broke my nose. The brother of the guy who hit me was a senior at my highschool, and even bigger of course, punched me in the gut in the hallway for putting his brother in juvie.

So it isn't that beating someone up for fun is new, but doing it to complete strangers.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
These aren't tough guys,

These aren't tough guys, they are cowards who try to get helpless people. You don't need to be big and scary to make them run away like the bitches they are, all you need to do is surprise them.
I know they'd never try it with me. I'm not monstrously big but I've cultivated an appearance of being dangerous. Tough guys get out of my way when I walk down the street. I've heard a kid tell his dad that I was a bad guy after I walked by. Cowards don't fuck with people who look like they are willing and able to kill at a moments notice.
But you can be damn sure I wouldn't wait for the cops if I saw this happen. They'd never get there in time. As the punk started running away he'd find more than he bargained for in his way. Pain is the one teacher everyone remembers. I might spend a couple days in jail, but I'd be a hero to everyone with morals even remotely similar to my own. Even the cops who arrested me would tell me I did the right thing, that they'd like nothing more than to do the same.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
digitalbeachbum wrote:I'd

digitalbeachbum wrote:

I'd hit them so hard they wouldn't want to try it again to any one else.

So your pacifism has its limits ?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Vastet wrote:These aren't

Vastet wrote:
These aren't tough guys, they are cowards who try to get helpless people. You don't need to be big and scary to make them run away like the bitches they are, all you need to do is surprise them. I know they'd never try it with me. I'm not monstrously big but I've cultivated an appearance of being dangerous. Tough guys get out of my way when I walk down the street. I've heard a kid tell his dad that I was a bad guy after I walked by. Cowards don't fuck with people who look like they are willing and able to kill at a moments notice. But you can be damn sure I wouldn't wait for the cops if I saw this happen. They'd never get there in time. As the punk started running away he'd find more than he bargained for in his way. Pain is the one teacher everyone remembers. I might spend a couple days in jail, but I'd be a hero to everyone with morals even remotely similar to my own. Even the cops who arrested me would tell me I did the right thing, that they'd like nothing more than to do the same.

I wouldn't take that attitude with strangers. Maybe where you live most guys might settle it with fists. But you confront multiple people, or even one person, you don't know their fighting skills, nor would you know if they had a knife or gun in their belt.

"Cowards don't fuck with people",  I had 6 cowards ambush me. The ring leader's brother assaulted me a week later for putting his brother in jail.

"Pain is the one teacher everyone remembers", nope, wrong. Seen enough school fights and bar fights and domestic fights to know that is not an absolute.

You are simply not afraid to confront people, or would like to think that would be the case every single time. That only speaks of YOU and your self confidence and personality type. That is not the outcome for everyone who ends up in a physical conflict trying to defend someone else.

Plenty of people who try stand up for someone defenseless do get injured and or killed. I am sure if you look at all the deaths due to an assault police reports  you can and will find some who confronted the assaulter who died.

Quote:
I might spend a couple days in jail,

If you are going to play super hero you also better keep a camera and study your local laws. No video and those bullies could easily claim you started it then it becomes "he said he said".

I've know people who've been put in jail on false accusations, it happens all the time. And even if your family believe you, that arrest, even if you don't get convicted, can follow you around. America is not too sympathetic to people who get arrested.

How does that help you or your family being in jail?

It is a extremely thoughtful to say "I'd do this, or I'd do that", but reality is messy and what you think should happen or will happen doesn't always happen. Plus you are not invisible, that unseen knife someone might have or that unseen gun someone might have with that many people you might get one, but that many, all it takes is one weapon and you are dead, then how does your death help your family other than "I am so proud of him".

There is no "right way" to survive an attack. Sometimes simply submitting works and they walk away, and sometimes fighting back especially if you know they want to kill you, is the only option. What works is anything that gets you out alive.

Evolution does not care if big or small win. We do have a greater sense as a species of empathy which produces our emotional reactions to seeing things like this. But the reality is one time or two times or a few times of beating the bully does not mean a gang of bullies wont kill you if you confront them.

I am not saying second guess yourself. But do not think life is a script or that you can bounce bullets off your chest.

Survival is anything that works, not just bruit force.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Wtf. My

Vastet wrote:
Wtf. My return fire would not be aimed at knocking them out in return, but at causing enormous pain and suffering for as long as possible. Broken bones and kidney shots. Then the same to their friends.

My return fire would be traveling somewhere around 1100 fps, but I'm a wimp who hasn't been able to put a beat down against multiple opponents in... well ever. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Vastet

Beyond Saving wrote:

Vastet wrote:

My return fire would be traveling somewhere around 1100 fps, but I'm a wimp who hasn't been able to put a beat down against multiple opponents in... well ever. 

Dumb attitude, introducing a gun into a conflict is more likely to get you injured or killed and or the person you are trying to protect, than actually hitting them. It is very rare in any gun conflict RATIO WISE, that the gun used is used in self protection. Does it happen? Yes, but it is the minority of outcome when guns get introduced into a confrontation. You are more likely having a gun to hurt yourself, or have someone you know hurt with it even if not by you.

And if your aim as you just admitted would not be that good with multiple targets, that bullet will keep going and possibly hit someone you didn't intend to hit.

Liking guns and studying stats to make excuses for liking them does not mean life is a script. All it takes is one time and if a bullet hits you in the right place, and kills you, your intent and your script as to "what should be" won't mean jack shit.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Dumb attitude,

Brian37 wrote:

Dumb attitude, introducing a gun into a conflict is more likely to get you injured or killed and or the person you are trying to protect, than actually hitting them. It is very rare in any gun conflict RATIO WISE, that the gun used is used in self protection.

Really? Any evidence to support this claim?

Brian37 wrote:

Does it happen? Yes, but it is the minority of outcome when guns get introduced into a confrontation. You are more likely having a gun to hurt yourself, or have someone you know hurt with it even if not by you.

Really? Have no idea how many tens of thousands of rounds I have fired in my lifetime, closest I ever came to dying was in a car accident. But I'm sure your method of self defense would be far more effective against a group of guys intending to beat you until you are unconscious or dead... what was your method again? Cry for mommy?

Brian37 wrote:

And if your aim as you just admitted would not be that good with multiple targets, that bullet will keep going and possibly hit someone you didn't intend to hit.

No, I said I couldn't beat down multiple opponents- with my hands, ninja style like Vastet plans on. My shooting is quite accurate thank you, why it is even better than NYC police officers. And the bullets I carry are designed to expand inside the target, which limits penetration and lowers the risk of anyone other than my target being injured. Incidentally, the fucking imbeciles on your side of the aisle have been seeking to ban such ammunition for years.

Brian37 wrote:

Liking guns and studying stats to make excuses for liking them does not mean life is a script.

Ah yes, you do hate stats don't you? Reality is such a bitch when it doesn't agree with your feelings.

Brian37 wrote:

All it takes is one time and if a bullet hits you in the right place, and kills you, your intent and your script as to "what should be" won't mean jack shit.

No, if the bullet is in the right place, my assailant is dead or in the hospital. If it kills me, then it is definitely in the wrong place.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
BrianShizzle37 wrote: Dumb

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

Dumb attitude, introducing a gun into a conflict is more likely to get you injured or killed and or the person you are trying to protect, than actually hitting them. It is very rare in any gun conflict RATIO WISE, that the gun used is used in self protection.

You're right again Brian.    That's why I decided from now on I will instead be wearing a vest packed with high explosives like suicide bombers wear.   If I'm going to get hurt no matter what I might as well use a method that is sure to take down my attackers as well.  Yay, and I didn't use an evil gun !

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

You're right again Brian.    That's why I decided from now on I will instead be wearing a vest packed with high explosives like suicide bombers wear.   If I'm going to get hurt no matter what I might as well use a method that is sure to take down my attackers as well.  Yay, and I didn't use an evil gun !

Wimp, why don't have a goal like Beyond, become a billionaire, buy a third world country, then you can buy a small army with tanks and antiquated jets.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Really? Any evidence to support this claim?

Brian37 wrote:

Does it happen? Yes, but it is the minority of outcome when guns get introduced into a confrontation. You are more likely having a gun to hurt yourself, or have someone you know hurt with it even if not by you.

Really? Have no idea how many tens of thousands of rounds I have fired in my lifetime, closest I ever came to dying was in a car accident. But I'm sure your method of self defense would be far more effective against a group of guys intending to beat you until you are unconscious or dead... what was your method again? Cry for mommy?

Brian37 wrote:

No, I said I couldn't beat down multiple opponents- with my hands, ninja style like Vastet plans on. My shooting is quite accurate thank you, why it is even better than NYC police officers. And the bullets I carry are designed to expand inside the target, which limits penetration and lowers the risk of anyone other than my target being injured. Incidentally, the fucking imbeciles on your side of the aisle have been seeking to ban such ammunition for years.

Brian37 wrote:

Liking guns and studying stats to make excuses for liking them does not mean life is a script.

Ah yes, you do hate stats don't you? Reality is such a bitch when it doesn't agree with your feelings.

Brian37 wrote:

All it takes is one time and if a bullet hits you in the right place, and kills you, your intent and your script as to "what should be" won't mean jack shit.

No, if the bullet is in the right place, my assailant is dead or in the hospital. If it kills me, then it is definitely in the wrong place.

I don't hate states, the STATS ARE IN, you are 25 times MORE LIKELY to hurt yourself or have someone you know hurt by a gun, than using it to defend yourself from a stranger.

You're the Dirty Harry moron who simply doesn't understand is it only takes ONCE, one bullet in the right spot, and your "life is script" and "me me me" crap doesn't mean SHIT. Play with fire long enough and your number will come up.

You are not invincible and you cannot bounce bullets off your chest. You are just too stupid to realize that.

I hate your economic views but I love a good rival, I want you around for a long time. I ultimately don't think you are a bad guy even if you make me want to pull my hair out. I've seen too much in the news and know people personally who have been affected by that "that won't happen to me" mentality.

This is not a fucking movie, and you are not a super hero.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
BrianShizzle37 wrote:Wimp,

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

Wimp, why don't have a goal like Beyond, become a billionaire, buy a third world country, then you can buy a small army with tanks and antiquated jets.

If I was a billionaire why would I buy antiquated jets ?   I would only buy the newest, most deadly jets ...not outdated crap.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I don't hate

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

I don't hate states, the STATS ARE IN, you are 25 times MORE LIKELY to hurt yourself or have someone you know hurt by a gun, than using it to defend yourself from a stranger.

....according to Joe Biden ?  

BrianShizzle wrote:
You're the Dirty Harry moron who simply doesn't understand is it only takes ONCE, one bullet in the right spot.... 

Beyond is ex-military so I'm pretty sure he already has a realistic assessment of what bullets can do, you moron.

BrianShizzle wrote:
You are not invincible and you cannot bounce bullets off your chest. You are just too stupid to realize that.

Name one person who believes they can bounce bullets off their chest.  Perhaps you are the one who is being stupid ?

BrianShizzle wrote:

Wow, that was really deep, Brian.  Writing poetry gives you such perception into reality.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I don't hate

Brian37 wrote:

Blatantly false, I have gone over these statistics with you before. And when you consider that most of the accidents that do happen occur because people do stupid shit and ignore basic safety, the odds of me hurting someone else or myself drop dramatically simply by following proper safety procedures. Gun accidents are not a factor of luck, they are all preventable and I have the utmost respect for firearm safety.

Brian37 wrote:

You're the Dirty Harry moron who simply doesn't understand is it only takes ONCE, one bullet in the right spot, and your "life is script" and "me me me" crap doesn't mean SHIT. Play with fire long enough and your number will come up.

As Prozac pointed out, I know exactly what a bullet can do to a body. Not only was I in the military, but I also hunt a lot. I have killed hundreds of animals with firearms of various calibers and have seen the damage caused to living animals. I have both the respect of what a well placed bullet can do, as well as the recognition that guns don't equal automatic death. Indeed, the majority of firearm accidents are not lethal.

Furthermore, I have witnessed the aftermath of two hunting accidents involving firearms, one a self inflicted one by an idiot who thought the top of his barrel was a good place to rest his hand and another was a friend of mine who was shot in the face by a hunter he didn't know. The second one is still under investigation because he is a police officer and the shooter was someone he had arrested a couple of months prior and the shooter was trespassing, so they think it might have been intentional.

Hunting is by far the most common activity where firearm accidents occur, which really isn't a surprise since it is an uncontrolled environment where you are carrying a loaded gun and it is impossible to completely scout what is behind your target before you shoot. However, even then the most dangerous piece of equipment you are carrying is not your gun. By far, the most common hunting accident that causes significant injury or death are tree stand accidents. It is estimated that 40% of hunters will have a tree stand accident and 3% of those will cause permanent injury or death. We really need tree stand control.

Brian37 wrote:

Of course I can. Just let me get into my IBA and most bullets will bounce right off.

Brian37 wrote:

I hate your economic views but I love a good rival, I want you around for a long time. I ultimately don't think you are a bad guy even if you make me want to pull my hair out. I've seen too much in the news and know people personally who have been affected by that "that won't happen to me" mentality.

You seem to have the mentality that the KO game isn't going to happen to you as you have absolutely no plan for dealing with the threat. I recognize that it might happen, so I am prepared for it.

Brian37 wrote:

No, if it was a fucking movie I could go all Bruce Lee on them and incapacitate a half dozen hoodlums with my bare hands. Since it is not a movie, and I can't despite all of my training, I cheat and use a gun. Since it isn't a movie, most likely if I shoot one the rest will run away. If they don't, my odds of shooting each of them at least once is substantially higher than my odds of beating them all up with my fists.

What was your plan to protect yourself again? Just walk around with the "that won't happen to me" mentality?

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
i'm a pretty good-sized guy,

i'm a pretty good-sized guy, i cultivate a fearsome looking beard, and my strength is definitely above average, though nothing amazing.  still, i've actually never been in a fight.  i've had words a couple times that looked like it might lead there, but we always both ended up walking away.  i'm just naturally a peacemaker.  i don't like conflict (outside the intellectual realm, that is).  i don't even like socializing that much.  i don't like dealing with humans at all, so i certainly don't want to deal with them in a negative context.  i can get angry very quickly and easily, but i can also cool off just as quickly.

i very rarely get fucked with.  people look at me and think twice, and i tend to hang out in rough joints.  i'm the guy way back in the corner of the dive bar, drinking quietly and maybe reading, and i get left alone.  still, i'm terrified one day some jackass will attack me.  terrified because i'd almost certainly end up in jail.  i have very strong survival instincts, and i really think i would fight dirty as fuck.  i would use blunt objects, chairs, i'd bust a glass over a motherfucker's head, bite a motherfucker's ear off, i'd go for the eyes or the nuts, etc.  i even defused a situation at a party once in college where a guy threatened to kick my ass.  i basically told him yeah, he probably could at that, but he would wish to christ he hadn't taken the trouble once it was all over, because i'd make certain he carried a reminder of me for the rest of his life.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Hmmm, I'm a pretty average

Hmmm, I'm a pretty average sized guy, 6' and 210lbs and I'm 54 years old and definitely past my athletic prime.  Still I think I could handle an average 8 year old if he hasn't been working out that much.  I am Prozac, hear me roar !

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

If I was a billionaire why would I buy antiquated jets ?   I would only buy the newest, most deadly jets ...not outdated crap.

Gadaffi didn't have new shit and he was a billionaire.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Who cares ?  I want what Putin has, first line Russian military technology, not the lesser grade stuff they sell to client states.  SU 35, TU 160, AN225, KA 50, Mig, 35, Zubr, Terminator APC, Tunguska self propelled AAA...

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Quote:What was your plan to

Quote:
What was your plan to protect yourself again? Just walk around with the "that won't happen to me" mentality?

I go to work and go home, both where I work and home are very safe. Other than that I visit my mom and take her to her doctors apts and shopping all in very safe daylight areas. Other than that I am not like you and going to worry about someone trying to murder me or rob me. If they wanted to I wouldn't see it coming anyway.

You want guns because of your ego. Unless you put yourself in situations that might create conflict odds are low that trouble will come looking for you.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: You want

Brian37 wrote:

You want guns because of your ego.

Quote:

Are you falling back on that Freudian shit again ?

BrianShizzle37 wrote:
  Unless you put yourself in situations that might create conflict odds are low that trouble will come looking for you.

I never put myself in situation like that because it's not my personality. I despise most human contact.   I love guns Brian.  If I lived alone on a moon colony with no one else around I would still love and admire my guns.  They're my hobby and I'm passionate about them, get it ?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

Gadaffi didn't have new shit and he was a billionaire.

Yeah, and Gadaffi died of acute lead poisoning, not something I would want to imitate. He probably should have tried having newer and more modern weapons for his military. Nuclear bombs are a great way to extend your life as a dictator.

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote: I go to work

Brian37 wrote:

I go to work and go home, both where I work and home are very safe. Other than that I visit my mom and take her to her doctors apts and shopping all in very safe daylight areas.

I'm sure the victims of this "knockout game" were just going home, to work or to the store and thought they were "very safe" too. Most of these attacks have occurred in broad daylight and they haven't been occurring in situations where one would regularly expect a high level of violence such as a dive bar or an establishment with illegal activity. All the infamous mass shootings also occur at places that people generally consider safe like work, school and movie theaters. 

Brian37 wrote:

Other than that I am not like you and going to worry about someone trying to murder me or rob me. If they wanted to I wouldn't see it coming anyway.

Okay, so the "it won't happen to me" approach. Good luck with that. I prefer to have some chance of defending myself rather than leave it all to luck. You do what you want, I will do what I want.

Brian37 wrote:

No, I want guns because I like to shoot them, I like to kill animals and one just might come in handy in a violent situation someday. Plus it is really fun to outrage whiny liberals like you. 

Brian37 wrote:

Unless you put yourself in situations that might create conflict odds are low that trouble will come looking for you.

You can live in your Sesame Street world pretending that nothing will ever happen to you, and odds are nothing ever will. However, odds are certain that something is going to happen to someone who is just like you. Ironic that you accuse me of having a "it won't happen to me" attitude and your very next post you defend your position by saying "it won't happen to me". Do you think before you type?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:I wouldn't

Brian37 wrote:
I wouldn't take that attitude with strangers. Maybe where you live most guys might settle it with fists. But you confront multiple people, or even one person, you don't know their fighting skills, nor would you know if they had a knife or gun in their belt.

I have a knife myself. In fact, I've been in two knife fights, both of which I won, both of which I started the fight without a knife and ended the fight with one.
Noone with any real skill at fighting would be attacking helpless people like this.
If guns were prevalent where I was, I'd carry one myself.

Brian37 wrote:
If you are going to play super hero you also better keep a camera and study your local laws. No video and those bullies could easily claim you started it then it becomes "he said he said".

Hey moron, you think the little old lady who got knocked out is going to be irrelevant to the case? The dozens of bystanders too?
Also, in this day & age, cameras are everywhere.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Vastet

Beyond Saving wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Lol. Well I have been able to. I have taken 3 different martial arts, winning medals in competition in karate; and I played hockey.

Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I'm incapable of handling myself in a fight.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote: Noone with any

Vastet wrote:
Noone with any real skill at fighting would be attacking helpless people like this.

Who's Noone?

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Are you falling back on that Freudian shit again ?

BrianShizzle37 wrote:

I never put myself in situation like that because it's not my personality. I despise most human contact.   I love guns Brian.  If I lived alone on a moon colony with no one else around I would still love and admire my guns.  They're my hobby and I'm passionate about them, get it ?

I unfubar-ed your quotes for you.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:I unfubar-ed

Kapkao wrote:

I unfubar-ed your quotes for you.

Yeah, I think I typed that before I had to go work and didn't have time to correct it. Thanks

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

I go to work and go home, both where I work and home are very safe. Other than that I visit my mom and take her to her doctors apts and shopping all in very safe daylight areas.

I'm sure the victims of this "knockout game" were just going home, to work or to the store and thought they were "very safe" too. Most of these attacks have occurred in broad daylight and they haven't been occurring in situations where one would regularly expect a high level of violence such as a dive bar or an establishment with illegal activity. All the infamous mass shootings also occur at places that people generally consider safe like work, school and movie theaters. 

Brian37 wrote:

Other than that I am not like you and going to worry about someone trying to murder me or rob me. If they wanted to I wouldn't see it coming anyway.

Okay, so the "it won't happen to me" approach. Good luck with that. I prefer to have some chance of defending myself rather than leave it all to luck. You do what you want, I will do what I want.

Brian37 wrote:

No, I want guns because I like to shoot them, I like to kill animals and one just might come in handy in a violent situation someday. Plus it is really fun to outrage whiny liberals like you. 

Brian37 wrote:

You can live in your Sesame Street world pretending that nothing will ever happen to you, and odds are nothing ever will. However, odds are certain that something is going to happen to someone who is just like you. Ironic that you accuse me of having a "it won't happen to me" attitude and your very next post you defend your position by saying "it won't happen to me". Do you think before you type?

Quote:
You can live in your Sesame Street world pretending that nothing will ever happen to you

HA HA,

SOMETHING will happen to all of us called DEATH at some point.

The only difference between you and me is that you live in fear and make excuse of "sport" for having a gun.

I could die getting hit by a car, or from a heart attack. But what I don't do is think that having a gun will protect me. It can, but since that is NOT THE  MAJORITY of outcome when a gun is introduced into conflict, it seems stupid for me to put myself at risk having one.

You live on Sesame Street, not me. The only difference is that your Big Bird is on steroids and thinks he is Dirty Harry.

And look at all the "Knock out" videos, we have been seeing. DUMBASS, the perp ambushed the vic when they could not see and GOT KNOCKED OUT. How would having a gun stop them from sneaking up on you? That is the entire point of their disgusting "game".

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:HA

Brian37 wrote:

HA HA,

SOMETHING will happen to all of us called DEATH at some point.

No shit. Doesn't mean I should be in a hurry to get there.

Brian37 wrote:

The only difference between you and me is that you live in fear and make excuse of "sport" for having a gun.

I don't live in fear at all, I take precautions when I believe they are sensible- sometimes those precautions include carrying a firearm. Are you living in "fear" when you put on a seat belt? And yet you demand that everyone in the country who enjoy using guns for sport, entertainment, hunting, collection or protection should stop buying guns.... why? Because you are afraid of them. Your entire position on the gun issue is fear mongering over all the rampant deaths that will be caused and you would probably freak out if you ever noticed that someone is carrying. 

I don't demand that anyone does anything different from what they want. If you think my deciding to carry a gun is paranoid, so what? Let me be paranoid, what is it to you? I'll carry it, and odds are I will never use it for anything other than stopping by the range to fire a few magazines.

Brian37 wrote:

I could die getting hit by a car, or from a heart attack. But what I don't do is think that having a gun will protect me. It can, but since that is NOT THE  MAJORITY of outcome when a gun is introduced into conflict, it seems stupid for me to put myself at risk having one.

Again you make this naked assertion. Do you have one shred of evidence that introducing a gun puts the person who pulled the gun at more risk? No, you don't, because it is a flat out lie. And you having a gun is a terrible idea. You would certainly end up shooting yourself, so I agree that you shouldn't have one.  

Brian37 wrote:

And look at all the "Knock out" videos, we have been seeing. DUMBASS, the perp ambushed the vic when they could not see and GOT KNOCKED OUT. How would having a gun stop them from sneaking up on you? That is the entire point of their disgusting "game".

The one guy who had a gun when he was attacked shot one of his assailants leading to the punk being hospitalized, arrested and now headed for trial. I should say that in the single case where a gun was introduced, it worked out very well. Granted, it is a small sample size, but since only about 1% of people have a carry permit and most who have a carry permit don't carry most of the time, the thugs can have pretty good confidence that their victims are unarmed. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:And look at

Brian37 wrote:

Most people don't expect to get attacked under most circumstances. I consider everyone to be a potential threat all the time. Gun or no, I won't be caught unaware.

Antipatris
atheist
Antipatris's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris

They are merely stated that while there have been incidents of this occurring, that it is NOT a national epidemic or that we have suddenly been placed into Clockwork Orange society.

But these attacks have been real.

They are simply stating that this is not going to be a runaway situation where everyone on a street corner is going to be targeted.

While this is a real occurrences, at best we are looking at some fucktarded teens engaging in dangerous behavior, but no I did not think of it as a panic epidemic from the get go, although the way the news was hyping it I could see where people might misconstrue the information.

Still to me, does not change the fact that these fucking punks that have done this deserve to have their collective asses kicked.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
yeah, i see this as another

yeah, i see this as another one of those particularly nasty, mean-spirited internet memes, like "bum fights" and "fire in the hole," that will fizzle out in a relatively short time.

in the meantime, as an antidote, here's the kind of shit people used to watch (in europe, anyway):

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Antipatris

Yeah, like the phony panic that blacks are getting massacred by "white Hispanics" who have Jewish last names.   Even Attorney General Eric Holder and our shit bag president had to wade into that  phony panic about a black teenager named Trayvon and his "white" killer.

Oh my God it's a "cracker", run for your lives !!!  HATE CRIME, HATE CRIME !!!

The biggest killer of blacks is other blacks but race baiting whores like REVEREND Sharpton ( Tawana Brawley, LOL ! )  and REVEREND Jesse Jackson ( "Hymie Town" ) conveniently ignore that fact. The truth hurts I guess.