North Carolina GOP theocrats propose state sanctioned religion.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
North Carolina GOP theocrats propose state sanctioned religion.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/north-carolina-religion-bill_n_3003401.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=736466...

Is this an April fools joke? If so then why the ban on gay marriage which IS religious based and don't give me any crap that it is not.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:If so then why

Brian37 wrote:

If so then why the ban on gay marriage which IS religious based and don't give me any crap that it is not. 

Which religion is that?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving wrote:Brian37

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

If so then why the ban on gay marriage which IS religious based and don't give me any crap that it is not. 

Which religion is that?

Don't hand me that fucking crap. Christianity is the majority in North Carolina and they want a social pecking order which is banned by the First Amendment. And it does affect the non Christian citizens of North Carolina and minority Christians in the state as well, such as gays.

Really?  Is this your attempt at humor, because I don't think gay couples living in North Carolina would find it funny. But fuck them right? "STATES RIGHTS"!

You know damned well what the majority religion is in North Carolina and you know damned well that the ban on gay marriage is religious based.

Gays are equal citizens and no "states rights" can override or should override their constitutional rights. This is NOT a debate, this is a civil rights issue. Coddling the insecurities of the religious through institutionalized bigotry is inexcusable. You really make yourself look like a coward if you make this a "states rights issue".

Being an atheist and a minority yourself you should know better. The moral thing and the right thing is to support them . Anything less is treason to gays. You can grow up and get on the right side of history or you can have your ass left behind.

North Carolina is attempting to "wink wink" put invisible ink to the state Constitution to "wink wink" mask theocracy with "freedom of religion".

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Beyond Saving

Brian37 wrote:

Beyond Saving wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Which religion is that?

Don't hand me that fucking crap. Christianity is the majority in North Carolina and they want a social pecking order which is banned by the First Amendment. And it does affect the non Christian citizens of North Carolina and minority Christians in the state as well, such as gays.

Really?  Is this your attempt at humor, because I don't think gay couples living in North Carolina would find it funny. But fuck them right? "STATES RIGHTS"!

You know damned well what the majority religion is in North Carolina and you know damned well that the ban on gay marriage is religious based.

Gays are equal citizens and no "states rights" can override or should override their constitutional rights. This is NOT a debate, this is a civil rights issue. Coddling the insecurities of the religious through institutionalized bigotry is inexcusable. You really make yourself look like a coward if you make this a "states rights issue".

Being an atheist and a minority yourself you should know better. The moral thing and the right thing is to support them . Anything less is treason to gays. You can grow up and get on the right side of history or you can have your ass left behind.

North Carolina is attempting to "wink wink" put invisible ink to the state Constitution to "wink wink" mask theocracy with "freedom of religion".

Oh actually I have to admit to misreading your post. I thought you were saying that gay marriage is religious based, when you were saying that the gay marriage ban is religious based. I was wondering what religion gay marriage stemmed from. Pre-coffee fast reading mistake on my part.  

As far as the law I agree with you, it is completely nutty. Fortunately, just declaring that the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to the states doesn't make it so. The Supreme Court has made it crystal clear that the 1st applies to the states through the 14th. So whatever law these nuts are able to pass will be null and void. Unless they want to secede. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I really wonder what goes

I really wonder what goes through the heads of mentally handicapped individuals like this. What exactly do they think is going to let them win? And how did they survive to adulthood?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.