Now it's Florida's turn with the crazies

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Now it's Florida's turn with the crazies

I woke up this morning to see every local news channel covering this story.

While I'm happy that the law enforcement stopped this before it happened, the fact that he got all this shit together in his dorm is insane. What the fuck was his room mate doing while he collected all these weapons?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/massacre-thwarted-florida-college-quick-cop-response/story?id=18754748

 


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
 Huh, wasn't aware a .22

 Huh, wasn't aware a .22 caliber could be called an "assault rifle", .22 calibers are specifically exempt under the proposed assault rifle bans. Unlikely he would have killed too many people with the .22, not a particularly effective caliber to kill people with. (.22 has about 1/10th of the power of the .223 the standard caliber that is usually associated with "assault weapons" and about 1/5th the power of the .45 pistol) And since when does two guns count as "an arsenal"? No self respecting arsenal owner would only own two guns. 

 

Good thing that UCF is a "weapons free zone", they don't even allow knives on their campus. If they allowed people to have guns on campus some wacko might come up with a plan to try to kill a bunch of people...

 http://policies.ucf.edu/documents/3-119WeaponsonUniversityPropertyandatUniversityEventsFinalonLetterhead11-28-11.pdf

 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
                 

                        It's the NRA's fault.

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
ProzacDeathWish wrote:   

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

                        It's the NRA's fault.

Am I the only one who gets in the mood to go gun shopping whenever one of these threads pops up? I just spent the last hour drooling over precision rifles. Looked at Prozacs avatar, googled it, checked out babes with guns for a few minutes which got me thinking "Hey, I need a new addition for my arsenal this summer/fall." Been thinking about a new .300 win mag and this time sinking the money into getting it customized for long range shooting.

So when I purchase another "assault" gun and the ATF comes in to raid my "compound" and expose my "massive arsenal" with "thousands of rounds of ammunition" and "large capacity magazines" "just like those used in (trendy mass shooting of the moment)" which is spread all over the news along with my "anti-government" rhetoric online that got me classified as a "right wing atheist terrorist" so I am held without bail or trial indefinitely under the Patriot Act- it is all Digital's and Prozac's fault.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
Posts: 4901
Joined: 2007-10-15
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:it is

Beyond Saving wrote:
it is all Digital's and Prozac's fault.

You forgot Brian.

Sticking out tongue


Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
Posts: 15861
Joined: 2006-02-14
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

                        It's the NRA's fault.

Am I the only one who gets in the mood to go gun shopping whenever one of these threads pops up? I just spent the last hour drooling over precision rifles. Looked at Prozacs avatar, googled it, checked out babes with guns for a few minutes which got me thinking "Hey, I need a new addition for my arsenal this summer/fall." Been thinking about a new .300 win mag and this time sinking the money into getting it customized for long range shooting.

So when I purchase another "assault" gun and the ATF comes in to raid my "compound" and expose my "massive arsenal" with "thousands of rounds of ammunition" and "large capacity magazines" "just like those used in (trendy mass shooting of the moment)" which is spread all over the news along with my "anti-government" rhetoric online that got me classified as a "right wing atheist terrorist" so I am held without bail or trial indefinitely under the Patriot Act- it is all Digital's and Prozac's fault.  

Right because 310,000,000 firearms isn't enough. Gotcha Dirty Harry. You also need a rocket launcher and a tank too.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under BrianJames Rational Poet also on twitter under Brianrrs37


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:You also need

Brian37 wrote:
You also need a rocket launcher and a tank too.

   But you see Brian, if I owned a rocket launcher and a tank ( or Predator drones ) I would be the one deciding for you what you need or don't need.  See how that works ?

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Right because

Brian37 wrote:

Right because 310,000,000 firearms isn't enough. Gotcha Dirty Harry. You also need a rocket launcher and a tank too.

310,000,000 would probably be approaching enough, but I don't have anywhere close to 310,000,000. I could use a rocket launcher, it would be pretty cool to own an AT4. Tank? No thanks, not a fan of roasting to death in a confined space. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Yeah I heard a lot of nasty

Yeah I heard a lot of nasty stories involving tanks.

I'd actually find a rocket launcher disappointing. The first one I fired was in Doom, and it was awesome. Piles of gore and gooeyness with rapid fire.
An actual rocket launcher is just loud and messy. And certainly does not have rapid fire.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
Posts: 4127
Joined: 2007-12-02
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:... An actual

Vastet wrote:
... An actual rocket launcher is just loud and messy. And certainly does not have rapid fire.

 

  Yeah, the only rocket launchers that I can think of that could be described as "rapid fire" are all vehicle mounted due to their size and weight ( ie, mobile ground systems or air craft mounts that contain multiple rockets fired in a volley ) but certainly nothing a person could fire from the shoulder. 

Patrick is an edgy edgelord.


Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
Posts: 5484
Joined: 2007-10-12
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Yeah I heard a

Vastet wrote:
Yeah I heard a lot of nasty stories involving tanks. I'd actually find a rocket launcher disappointing. The first one I fired was in Doom, and it was awesome. Piles of gore and gooeyness with rapid fire. An actual rocket launcher is just loud and messy. And certainly does not have rapid fire.

Wow, you mentioned a video game I actually recognize! Forget the rocket launcher, I want a BFG 9000. Brian would probably be for banning those too the killjoy.  

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X


Sinphanius
Sinphanius's picture
Posts: 284
Joined: 2008-06-12
User is offlineOffline
Screw Doom

The best Rocket Launchers were in the game Advent Rising.  Not only did they explode stuff, but they had six shots before you had to reload, you reloaded them in a couple of seconds, and you could Dual Wield them.

Q.E.D.

Bitch 

When you say it like that you make it sound so Sinister...


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4230
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
man, fuck you guys.  gun

man, fuck you guys.  gun deaths in america are an epidemic, PERIOD.  no one, anywhere, at anytime, for any reason, should be able to legally own a gun, PERIOD.  FACT: today in rhode island alone there were 6656800009654 gun deaths.

it's about evolution and CLIMATE.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Sinphanius wrote:The best

Sinphanius wrote:

The best Rocket Launchers were in the game Advent Rising.  Not only did they explode stuff, but they had six shots before you had to reload, you reloaded them in a couple of seconds, and you could Dual Wield them.

Q.E.D.

Bitch 

Without Doom, your precious shooter would never have existed.
Besides, you could rapid fire a hundred rockets without reloading in Doom.
Suck it. Sticking out tongue

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.


Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
Posts: 13211
Joined: 2006-12-25
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving wrote:Wow, you

Beyond Saving wrote:

Wow, you mentioned a video game I actually recognize! Forget the rocket launcher, I want a BFG 9000. Brian would probably be for banning those too the killjoy.  

Sick gun. Funny how Star Wars and Trek and almost all the sci fi ever written gives people little laser guns and saves the real power for ship and ground mounted weapons. Then Doom comes along and gives you a portable, enemy targetting, mass obliteration cannon. Punch a hole in the Death Star with infantry.

Proud Canadian, Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.