You said you wanted to help build an atheist app?

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
You said you wanted to help build an atheist app?

Over the years I have had several volunteers offer to get involved in a project to help build an atheist app.  I must admit, that isn't my area of expertise.  For the last 5 years I have lived without a cell phone.  I was extremely frugal to allow myself the ability to cover the costs of running/managing these sites.   My girlfriend recently bought me a smartphone and I'm learning about this app world.  I think I'm ready to be part of an app project.

Are there any experienced app builders out there that would like to help create an app for Celebatheists or RRS?  

I'm envisioning an officially licensed Celebatheists app that has many of the quotes from the celebatheists site with link to the site and ability to post the quote to facebook or twitter.  Even better if it's possible to make a widget out of the app so that people can post it on one of their flip screens and see the quotes as they flip through the phones home pages.  I probably just got the terminology wrong.  :P

I can provide a small fee or reward of atheist gifts/goodies to the suitable helper.  Feel free to write me at infidelsapient  hawttmail dawt calm  <-- fix that before emailing.  Or feel free to post here, we can hash ideas out in public.  

I appreciate any help you can offer.

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'll offer my time as a beta

I'll offer my time as a beta tester. I'm no coder but I do have a background in logic and design.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 I found this service, I'm

I found this service, I'm going to start exploring: http://beta.appinventor.mit.edu

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I've built apps, and

I've built apps, and database interfaces, both for web and stand alone.  The issue is that I work primarily in C# with Java as secondary,  Objective C is a different animal from what I gather, and also you need a mac to compile mac apps.  I'm planning on getting a mac mini to dick around with it but not for a little while.

Would you consider a browser based wrapper like http://jquerymobile.com/ ?

It's basically a web app that should work on all HTML 5 browsers.  It saves on building 10 different apps for 10 different OSs.  Also, there is this new cross platform development tool that I plan on playing with soon called http://www.mono-project.com/Main_Page .  I've heard good things, but have yet to make anything in it.  Alas, it comes down to time ultimately,  I have more projects going then I know what to do with, the one thing that I absolutely need is focus.  I cannot commit at this time for a whole project, but you're welcome to ask me specifics if you want.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc