Carbon 14 dating becomes more accurate and can be used for artifacts 3x as old as previously

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Carbon 14 dating becomes more accurate and can be used for artifacts 3x as old as previously

"The recalibrated clock won’t force archaeologists to abandon old measurements wholesale, says Bronk Ramsey, but it could help to narrow the window of key events in human history. “If you’re trying to look at archaeological sites at the order of 30,000 or 40,000 years ago, the ages may shift by only a few hundred years but that may be significant in putting them before or after changes in climate,” he says."

This is a tiny excerpt from a great article found here:
http://www.nature.com/news/core-sample-sends-carbon-clock-farther-back-in-time-1.11622

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"The

Vastet wrote:
"The recalibrated clock won’t force archaeologists to abandon old measurements wholesale, says Bronk Ramsey, but it could help to narrow the window of key events in human history. “If you’re trying to look at archaeological sites at the order of 30,000 or 40,000 years ago, the ages may shift by only a few hundred years but that may be significant in putting them before or after changes in climate,” he says." This is a tiny excerpt from a great article found here: http://www.nature.com/news/core-sample-sends-carbon-clock-farther-back-in-time-1.11622

It is bad enough theists think we are kitten barbecuers, but now we have to deal with being accused of dating carbon?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Coolness

The fuzzy 'resolution' of Carbon 14 dating is a favourite side-step of the god people. More accuracy, less drivel. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote: The

Atheistextremist wrote:

The fuzzy 'resolution' of Carbon 14 dating is a favourite side-step of the god people. More accuracy, less drivel. 

Way to undermine my cornball humor. If we are going to stablize the population of this planet we need more people commiting suicide after they read my horrible jokes.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Theists, especially the

Theists, especially the young earth versions, will say this is a lie.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Vastet

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:
"The recalibrated clock won’t force archaeologists to abandon old measurements wholesale, says Bronk Ramsey, but it could help to narrow the window of key events in human history. “If you’re trying to look at archaeological sites at the order of 30,000 or 40,000 years ago, the ages may shift by only a few hundred years but that may be significant in putting them before or after changes in climate,” he says." This is a tiny excerpt from a great article found here: http://www.nature.com/news/core-sample-sends-carbon-clock-farther-back-in-time-1.11622

It is bad enough theists think we are kitten barbecuers, but now we have to deal with being accused of dating carbon?

Well are you dating anyone else right now?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Brian37

Jeffrick wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Well are you dating anyone else right now?

The TMI answer to that is yes, my right hand. It is amazing how you can play with a mouse and keep your prostate healthy at the same time. Low cost and no risk of desease or an 18 year anchor around my neck.

Now when anyone here reading this, including my detractors thinks I am all foamining and ranting all the time, they can at least undersand my co-workers who think after I drop a bad joke on them can sympathize with  their thought "SOMEBODY PLEASE SHOOT HIM!"

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oh, yes.

Brian37 wrote:

The TMI answer to that is yes, my right hand. It is amazing how you can play with a mouse and keep your prostate healthy at the same time. Low cost and no risk of desease or an 18 year anchor around my neck.

the internet is my girlfriend...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

the internet is my girlfriend...

Every Sunday is palm Sunday for me. I'd have no sex life if it were not for the internet. And when those with girlfriends or wives say "what is your problem" I respond with, you think I want your problems? Been there done that.