Hello and indeed hi everyone

RikyT
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hello and indeed hi everyone

Right, thought I'd best pop an intro down before I start waffling away on the other boards.

*stands up* Hi my name is Riky and I'm an atheist.

Not an agnostic. Just thought I'd point that out.

Stuck on a tiny rock halfway between England and Ireland that's about eight mils wide and a shade over thirty miles long called the Isle of Man.
A wonderful little place that is so unfailingly christian that most shops still go by the recently repealed law that everything has to close for church on Sunday>

I wish that was a joke.

I'm twenty seven at the time of writing and married with two children.
the comical part is that my wife is a self described "pagan." Although any attempts to explain to her that the Celts of millenia ago really had no interest in how the phases of the moon effected the harmony of various crystals and such since they were more concerned with not dieing have met with stern opposition Eye-wink

The rest I'm sure you will find out as time marches on

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum

Welcome aboard.

My girlfriend is an "ex-pagan" in the fact that she doesn't actively participate in any coven activity any longer. But, she still adheres to those beliefs.

I too, explained to her that I thought the "New Age" witchraft covens were all made up and not following anything ancient, and she surprised me by responding that it was probably all made up and her religion was a new religion that was just rooted in somewhat pagan beliefs.

Of course, I have found more acceptance from the pagan community than in any other theist community. They don't recruit, preach, or try to convince you to join their ways.

So, I can tolerate their belief system a little bit better than I can most religions.

However, if I say too much against I too can meet some "stern opposition" at home.

I think you'll love it here. I know I do.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forums,

Welcome to the forums, dive in the water is warm and the trolls are trollish. 

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi RikyT

Welcome to the forums, from  Canada myself.  Tell me something about your wife,  when she sees a broom does she clean house or try to fly it? When she cooks diner does it look like the Endor scene from MacBeth?  Do you have inlaws that only visit during full moons?    

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Welcome. Judging from where

Welcome.
Judging from where you live, I hope you like motorbikes Sticking out tongue

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sounds like hell for an

Sounds like hell for an atheist, and I thought I was isolated.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

kristinasmith
kristinasmith's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome then. I'm also a

Welcome then. I'm also a newbie here. Smiling

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
kristinasmith wrote:Welcome

kristinasmith wrote:

Welcome then. I'm also a newbie here. Smiling

If that is you in that avatar W AND O AND W.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am a low wage worker living in a trailer and missing some teeth(just your type I am sure). Ignor all this in any case if you are under 18. I am not that kind of perv. I am not a Nitney Lions coach.

But to both of the OP and you, welcome.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Welcome to the forums, dive in the water is warm and the trolls are trollish. 

And the Libertarians are libertarianish. Sorry couldn't resist. YOU LOVE ME YOU KNOW IT!