Brave Saudi Woman stands up to Religious Enforcers

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brave Saudi Woman stands up to Religious Enforcers

The video on this link is awesome :

http://gawker.com/5913326/remarkably-brave-saudi-woman-blasts-religious-police-thug-for-ordering-her-to-cover-up-her-sexy-nails

Remarkably Brave Saudi Woman Blasts Religious Police Thug For Ordering Her to Cover Up Her Sexy Nails

Remarkably Brave Saudi Woman Blasts Religious Police Thug For Ordering Her to Cover Up Her Sexy Nails

Messing with the Saudi mutaween (religious police) is not recommended — particularly if you happen to be a Saudi woman.

Granted power to enforce Sharia Law by order of King Abdullah himself, The Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice employs thousands of members and volunteers whose sole duty it is to go around and harass people they think are not being Muslim enough.

And they don't kid around: In 2002, members of the HAIA reportedly prevented schoolgirls in Mecca from fleeing a fire because they were not properly dressed. Fourteen perished in the flames.

Given this record, it is extremely unusual to see a woman confront a mutawwa in public, but that's precisely what occurred recently in the Hayat Mall in Riyadh — and it left quite an impression.

A female Saudi mall patron, irritated by the persistent pestering of a "vice preventor" who had apparently taken offence to her freshly manicured nails, turned on her camera-phone, and began recording her adamant refusal to leave the mall at his behest.

"Why are you chasing me?" says the unidentified woman in the video. "The government said no more chasing! Your duty is to advise people...why are you looking at my manicure? I will never leave the mall!"

According to the Saudi Gazette, the woman's actions incited a mini-revolution, which led to the launch of an official commission review of the member's conduct.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
I hope

I wish the best for this woman, but fear the worst.

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:
I wish the best for this woman, but fear the worst.

If the woman is right then the review should get the wahabi retard's ass kicked.

Women didn't get very far in the west until they stood up to the local morals police. No one is going to do it for them.

The bad news is it is most likely the wives of the Wahabi enforcers who are encouraging their husbands' behavior. Men are acting against self interest in discouraging women from showing off. Older women generically dislike the competition of younger women.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

www.giwersworld.org/made-in-alexandria/index.html

www.giwersworld.org/00_files/zion-hit-points.phtml

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:The bad

A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

The bad news is it is most likely the wives of the Wahabi enforcers who are encouraging their husbands' behavior. Men are acting against self interest in discouraging women from showing off. Older women generically dislike the competition of younger women.

You have got a real good point there. 

I enjoyed that part of the video where she told them to smile they were on camera and it was all going out on Twitter and Facebook. 

I wonder if we'll hear any updates about this or if it will get swept under the rug ? 

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bravo to this woman. We all

Bravo to this woman. We all wish here the best and hope for her safety. I think religious fascism is going to have a hard time with modern technology.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

harleysportster wrote:
A_Nony_Mouse wrote:

You have got a real good point there. 

I enjoyed that part of the video where she told them to smile they were on camera and it was all going out on Twitter and Facebook. 

I wonder if we'll hear any updates about this or if it will get swept under the rug ?

Under what rug? This is likely sourced by one of the Israeli government organizations that are set up to demonize Islam. If nothing comes of it we will never hear of it. We will only hear if something happens that can be portrayed as negative towards Islam.

Frankly Saudi is so recently modern there is probably a good fraction of the elderly population who remember growing up as camel drivers and nomads. Of course the country is backwards. It literally takes generations to create an educated populace. It takes two generations just to produce enough first generation teachers to produce a greater number of second generation teachers to begin to have a school system. It takes longer to have a population that benefits from education and thus wants its children educated.

There really isn't much use for education in land of sand and oil. They need a route into the modern world. Usually that starts with low cost manufacturing. At the moment it is China's turn. I have no idea what Saudi should do nor likely does anyone but it is up to Saudi to do it. Preaching from foreigners will not do it.

Jews stole the land. The owners want it back. That is all anyone needs to know about Israel. That is all there is to know about Israel.

www.ussliberty.org

A_Nony_Mouse
atheist
A_Nony_Mouse's picture
User is offlineOffline

Brian37 wrote:
Bravo to this woman. We all wish here the best and hope for her safety. I think religious fascism is going to have a hard time with modern technology.

All religion is fascist. It is just a matter of a central fascist or a bunch of little fascists. Saudi is centered on the Wahabis. It was the alliance of the Saud family with the Wahabis that allowed Saudi Arabia to exist. It is simiar to the Zionist and Palestinian Jewish alliance, aka Orthodox, that permitted Israel to exist. Their customs are quite similar actually.

www.ussliberty.org