atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seems far to annoyingly

Seems far to annoyingly connected for me.... Except the maps thing, id buy that. I suck with directions.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:http://youtu.be/9c6W4CC

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Seems far to

Tapey wrote:

Seems far to annoyingly connected for me.... Except the maps thing, id buy that. I suck with directions.

+1. "Sorry, Google. I don't like other companies forcing shiny shit in my face for ad money as is, but you take it to the extreme."

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Tapey

Kapkao wrote:

Tapey wrote:

+1. "Sorry, Google. I don't like other companies forcing shiny shit in my face for ad money as is, but you take it to the extreme."

Actually its other people wanting to make money that shove the ads in your face. google itself doesn't display many ads. On youtube its the uploaders that put the ads there. On websites its the owners. You really cannot blame google for there being to many adverts.

All animals are equal.

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Actually its other

Quote:
Actually its other people wanting to make money that shove the ads in your face. google itself doesn't display many ads. On youtube its the uploaders that put the ads there. On websites its the owners. You really cannot blame google for there being to many adverts.

Kapkao is just bored again and trying to create shit.  You're right, Google is one of the few companies that doesn't plaster ad feces all over the place so, that's just another reason why this future device will be so cool.  Can't wait.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapey wrote:Actually its

Tapey wrote:

Right. No money coming from Adbuzz, Adwords, etc. They just offer a service.

But in relation to my post, yours is a pedantic nonsequitur, so most of what you've just typed is irrelevant. Sticking out tongue

Come again, some time?

Sage_Overide wrote:
Kapkao is just bored again and trying to create shit.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Tapey

Kapkao wrote:

Tapey wrote:

Right. No money coming from Adbuzz, Adwords, etc. They just offer a service.

But in relation to my post, yours is a pedantic nonsequitur, so most of what you've just typed is irrelevant. Sticking out tongue

Come again, some time?

All animals are equal.

Teralek
Teralek's picture
User is offlineOffline
altough this device could be

altough this device could be useful, Kapkao is also right.

Last time I checked Youtube is a google subsidiary. And it's new ads before a clip are damn annoying to me!

Google WILL put annoying and unwanted ads on this, be assured.

With that said I can think of many worse things than google...

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Teralek wrote:altough this

Teralek wrote:

altough this device could be useful, Kapkao is also right.

Last time I checked Youtube is a google subsidiary. And it's new ads before a clip are damn annoying to me!

Google WILL put annoying and unwanted ads on this, be assured.

With that said I can think of many worse things than google...

Google does not decide which videos to put ads on. They let the channel owner decide to put the ads there. Blameing google for someone requesting an ad on there video seems stupid. Hell google limit the ads, its quiet difficult to become a youtube partner, you have to jump through hoops, not just anyone can put ads on there videos. If google ever puts video ads there without channel owners  agreeing you will have a point but until that happens you have no reason to blame google for the ads. You with out google ads there is no youtube.... just saying.

All animals are equal.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Tapist... I agree and am

Tapist... I agree and am well aware of what you discuss. My gripe is just that it has fuck all to do with my first post.

It isn't a gripe about ads. It's a gripe about forcing product testing on it's users without a 'disable' feature and using 'moving pixels' to entice potential users. Again... wtf kind of ground is google breaking here? Mobile weather doesn't work? What about GPS and Traffic apps? Calenders must be reeeaallly hard to come by on most mobile devices these days.

I think Google's problem isn't in the hype and (likely) customer-unfriendly product it is pushing. I think it's a problem of Google struggling to maintain it's old userbase in the face of real competition: Bing. Call me a shill if you must; certainly Bing thrives on a webpage that looks more like a flash object than anything else (more of that annoying 'shiny'.) Of course, a quick trip by a stock page would give some important hints how many user minutes it has been hemorrhaging to M$ over the past few years. And yeah, I'm irritated as fuck that Google makes it next-to-impossible to disable google instant/google suggestions and "searched for these terms rather than the terms as you entered them" -some sort of spelling correction bs, too. You can't turn this shit off without switching to Google+. Google is pretty infamous for for 'forcible testing' of it's new products/features.

Again, I'm enjoying Bing right now and find it's... "image results" GUI to be  refreshing change of pace from Google's archaic results GUI. It's a safe assumption my perception is going to be a bit skewed, so take a grain of salt, I guess?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Lets get this straight.

Lets get this straight. Whether or not google would put ads up is immaterial, because they would certainly allow others to put ads up.

Personally, I have no interest in this. I can see it now.
"John Doe was killed by oncoming traffic when a popup window blocked his vision of oncoming traffic. The driver of the vehicle also had his vision obscured by the same popup window. Investigation continues. Google refused to comment at this time."

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:Lets get this

Vastet wrote:
Lets get this straight. Whether or not google would put ads up is immaterial, because they would certainly allow others to put ads up. Personally, I have no interest in this. I can see it now. "John Doe was killed by oncoming traffic when a popup window blocked his vision of oncoming traffic. The driver of the vehicle also had his vision obscured by the same popup window. Investigation continues. Google refused to comment at this time."

You know its illegal to use your cell phone while driving, why would this be any different? You don't blame cell phones when someone crashes you blame the driver for being an idiot.

All animals are equal.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
And yet I still see people

And yet I still see people chattering away on cell phones while driving.

Just because something is illegal doesn't mean everyones agreed to abide by the law.

Also, the government is going to start telling me what I can and can't do with my own body?

Mine truly is the last free generation.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.