Christians give to ill atheist.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians give to ill atheist.

From a local CBS station channel 19 comes this story.

http://www.cbs19.tv/story/17199221/christians-raise-funds-for-ill-atheist-protester

The story goes in general that this "formerly" zealot atheist found out that Christians are not bad. This misses the  point that why the "Christians" gave was because they wanted to be "the bigger man". I don't think it is always about PR.

But why do humans do good things even for our "enemies"?

Lets think of it this way. I don't give one fuck what position of political party or race or religion you hold, if anyone reading this were hit by a car, we would want someone to call EMTs and we would not want those rescuers to ask us questions about our personal beliefs, all of us would want those around us to help.

In the story the atheist was "flabbergasted" by the help even after his protests of a government display of a Nativity scene among other protests. But he also goes on to say that although he thanks them for the help he still finds the bible to be "preposterous".

What is going on with humans when we help our enemies is a combo, of the REAL reality of empathy, but if it helps us win brownie points, we advertise "look what I did".

How many times have atheists or Muslims or Jews done good things for others and said "Don't think stereotypically of me next time".

NOW I would suggest these Christians may attribute their good deeds to Jesus, but Christianity wasn't arround 500,000 years ago and our species STILL did both good and bad, just like we do today.

If they want to attribute helping an atheist out to Jesus, we cant or wont stop them, but just because we fight their claims, should not, for any label, prevent any human from doing the right thing when it is called for. Debate and political competition and blasphemy are one thing, but when you need help, you need help, and I'd the empathy comes in, not because of labels, but because all of us would want the same thing.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Opie

Opie,

While Chrisitans have a logical reason of understanding why and how to take care of an atheist in need, an atheist does not.

I would take you in if you were in need or emergency because of the understanding of humanity which is taugh in the Scriptures. Unless of course you were Osama Bin Laden or Hitler, if they came to my door then I would offer them my bullets from my 38 magnum winchester verses care.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Opie,

While Chrisitans have a logical reason of understanding why and how to take care of an atheist in need, an atheist does not.

I would take you in if you were in need or emergency because of the understanding of humanity which is taugh in the Scriptures. Unless of course you were Osama Bin Laden or Hitler, if they came to my door then I would offer them my bullets from my 38 magnum winchester verses care.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

If you got your understanding of humanity from scripture you would treat all humans like Hitler or Bin Laden. The fact that you don't see that tells me that you have never read scripture.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Opie,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

With all the threats you've claimed your deity has allowed or done to people who don't subscribe to your bully dictator, I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you.

There are plenty of Christians, including those mentioned in the article, I would trust, but not you. You belong in a mental institution. You are the type of person who gets people to eat applesauce and hide in jungles.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Opie,

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

So you use mythical ammo to shoot already dead people in addition to having mythical friends? Somehow I suspect that zombie bin Laden or zombie Hitler have little chance of being shot by a "38 magnum". So if you go to your local gun store and ask for ".38 magnum" ammo do they give you .38 special, .357 magnum or do they just laugh at you?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHA