Inherency

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Inherency

Religion is not inherent in us. God was not discovered. Evidence of God was not dug up from the Earth.  God was not observed on this Earth nor by

looking outward from the Earth into the sky. God was a fantasy of a man. That man shared his fantasy. Perhaps not the first fictional story teller, but no

other story was quite like his. He either presented it to others as a living truth, or someone else passed it on as a truth. And then it was expounded on

more and more over time. Fire was discovered. It was not shared with others as a fantasy. When others claimed to have seen it, eventually their story

was proven to the world with physical evidence. The same goes with any other natural phenomenon.

I remember as a small child being witness to religious practices by my family and others. The feeling I had was unmistakable. I knew in my gut that this

was not natural. Even into my teens I always had the same feeling, just like that feeling you have when a mentally ill person is in your presence. I later

became a christian because I did not understand the world around me. And I reached for the only answer that was taught to me as a truth by those who

raised me. But in that time that feeling was always with me. My natural instincts knew this wasn't right. This feeling is inherent in me. God is not.

God is a fantasy. To share this fantasy as a living truth is to lie. And so God is a lie.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Great post, I tweeted

Great post, I tweeted it. 

Sadly because Christians have marked our site as spam, and twitter is run by morons, the link will not work from twitter.  

It will work from Facebook.

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Sapient

Sapient wrote:

Great post, I tweeted it. 

Sadly because Christians have marked our site as spam, and twitter is run by morons, the link will not work from twitter.  

It will work from Facebook.

Thank you. The only criticism I expect is the possibly rational argument that more than one man could have had this idea. Well, even

if you take it as a metaphor, the premise still stands. The only thing this can prove is how different religions originated in different parts

of the world. And after that all we are left with is the unreasonable mind of the christian who will tell you that Jesus came as evidence to

the world that God exists millenniums after our original fictional storyteller. There are some people you just can't reach. The older I get, the

harder it is to pity them.

"...but truth is a point of view, and so it is changeable. And to rule by fettering the mind through fear of punishment in another world is just as base as to use force." -Hypatia

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey OPIE

Hey OPIE,

Actually, anthropologically speaking, ancient cultures had a similar view as to the flood related in Genesis. Ancient civilizations from all parts of the globe. This cannot be a coinicidence.

But I'm not sure what you mean by religion. But people are born with an understanding of God because they are the Image of God. When the Holy Spirit breathed in Adam, that meant him and all after him would be the image of God. Because of this Image of God imbedded in our nature, despite our perverted it is via original sin, manifests to humanity that there is a God.

On top of the you have General Revelation.

So actually, the concept of God is imbedded in our very DNA. We are not born Tabula Rasa, we are born Imago Dei.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Jean Jean

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Hey OPIE,

Actually, anthropologically speaking, ancient cultures had a similar view as to the flood related in Genesis. Ancient civilizations from all parts of the globe. This cannot be a coinicidence.

But I'm not sure what you mean by religion. But people are born with an understanding of God because they are the Image of God. When the Holy Spirit breathed in Adam, that meant him and all after him would be the image of God. Because of this Image of God imbedded in our nature, despite our perverted it is via original sin, manifests to humanity that there is a God.

On top of the you have General Revelation.

So actually, the concept of God is imbedded in our very DNA. We are not born Tabula Rasa, we are born Imago Dei.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Hello Jean Chauvin a.k.a. Joachim Vadian exalted ruler of the Theistards and humble servant of our Lord Jesus Harold Christ.

Just because different people heard the story of Genesis and said "oh yeah we had a flood too" doesn't mean that humans are born with

understanding of god.  And if they had the idea that god caused a flood before they heard of genesis it is because religion started long before that crazy story

came along.  Did they find the "God gene" in our DNA next to the retarded gene? The only thing the so called holy spirit breathed into anyone

was a bunch of hot air that they shotgunned into everyone around them. The image of god is a fantasy. Close your eyes for a minute and everything will

be real pretty.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Me thinks Tony earned his

Me thinks Tony earned his Atheist badge Smiling

Jean Chauvin
Theistard
Jean Chauvin's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey Tony

Tony,

That is correct, just because ancient civilzations witnessed the flood before there was a scatter of nations does not then mean as proof that humans are born with understanding of God. I was merely pointing that out from a historical means of ad hominem for both the uniformitarians.

However, we are born imbedded with an understanding of God logically speaking since we are created by God and imbedded as the very image of God.

This is understood through the epistemology of faith and reason (I Corinthians 1:14; 1:16).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

A Rational Christian of Intelligence (rare)with a valid and sound justification for my epistemology and a logical refutation for those with logical fallacies and false worldviews upon their normative of thinking in retrospect to objective normative(s). This is only understood via the imago dei in which we all are.

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

tonyjeffers
tonyjeffers's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Joachim Jean

Jean Chauvin wrote:

Tony,

That is correct, just because ancient civilzations witnessed the flood before there was a scatter of nations does not then mean as proof that humans are born with understanding of God. I was merely pointing that out from a historical means of ad hominem for both the uniformitarians.

However, we are born imbedded with an understanding of God logically speaking since we are created by God and imbedded as the very image of God.

This is understood through the epistemology of faith and reason (I Corinthians 1:14; 1:16).

Respectfully,

Jean Chauvin (Jude 3).

Hello Jean Chauvin a.k.a. Joachim Validian exalted ruler of the Theistards and faithful servant to your Lord Jesus Harold Christ. Amen.

"No, we speak of speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God has destined for our glory before time began.

None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of our glory. However it is written:

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him." (I corinthians 1:7-9)

Sure sounds to me like the understanding of God has to be taught and learned.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean Chauvin wrote:..... we

Jean Chauvin wrote:

..... we are created by God and imbedded as the very image of God.

.....what a load of shit !