Christians, you still have time left, don't give up!

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Christians, you still have time left, don't give up!

This guy responded to the newsletter I sent out recently.  I sent him my response which is below.

emailer wrote:

Jesus is the only way,truth & life. If you don't want Him,don't email again. Thanks.

You still have time left! Don't give up on life by crediting everything to God and Jesus. Dedicate yourself to expanding your knowledge of science and reason, and you can find reality before it's too late!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
lol

lol

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks.  Hard to get a

Thanks.  These guys are a trip though... the probably don't see that response coming.  

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes

I guess we should not be too surprised, should we. It's so much easier to accept a silly supernatural concept than to go through life endlessly chewing over the whys and wherefores.

Still. It's depressing when some one expresses such complete stupid. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. What does that mean? 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

FurryCatHerder
Theist
FurryCatHerder's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist wrote:I

Atheistextremist wrote:

I guess we should not be too surprised, should we. It's so much easier to accept a silly supernatural concept than to go through life endlessly chewing over the whys and wherefores.

Still. It's depressing when some one expresses such complete stupid. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. What does that mean? 

This is why I say you have to distinguish between "Early Jesus" and "Late Jesus".  Most of what John wrote isn't contained in the Synoptic Gospels, which I think makes all of John invalid.

The particular belief that Jesus can be an intermediary between G-d and Man is unsupported by pre-existing Jewish tradition, as well as a violation of much of Jewish Law, as it relates to belief in G-d or religious practice.

The date of John is well after the split between the two main factions in the early church -- Jews who were some kind of "follower" of Jesus, and non-Jews who were mostly educated by Paul.  Paul was an excommunicated Pagan.  Tossing him and the author of John out the window makes a lot more sense that bleating out "Jesus is the way, the truth and the life."  The guy is dead -- praying to dead people is a sin and worshiping them ain't any better.

"Obviously I'm convinced of the existence of G-d. I'm equally convinced that Atheists who've led good lives will be in Olam HaBa going "How the heck did I wind up in this place?!?" while Christians who've treated people like dirt will be in some other place asking the exact same question."

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
FCH, Why were there animal

FCH, 

Why were there animal blood sacrifices for forgiveness of sins? How is that not between god & man?

Then how do you interpret Isaiah 53? Who "bore the sins of many" and "made intercession for the transgressors"? Is the he a goat? 

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/