Noob

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Noob

Hello Everyone,

A newbie here who would like to thank ahead all of you for accepting me to this forum and be part of every quality and relevant discussion I would be interested in. Let us keep in touch.

Truly yours,

Squady

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Squady wrote:Hello

Squady wrote:

Hello Everyone,

A newbie here who would like to thank ahead all of you for accepting me to this forum and be part of every quality and relevant discussion I would be interested in. Let us keep in touch.

Truly yours,

Squady

Welcome.

We are always here. Ya'll come back, hear.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

Welcome!

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Could we get some more

Could we get some more info non identity background stuff here. Like are you an atheist or theist? Likes dislikes? Age?

Welcome btw.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome

Welcome

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi

Welcome from Canada, where be you from?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
welcome to the forum

welcome to the forum

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Thankful to be welcomed

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all your warm welcome. I am from Manila, Philippines. A theist who like to explore and learn more about being an Atheist.  Hope to keep in touch with you all.

Cheers,

Squady

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Any particular theistic

Any particular theistic inclination?

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
 I'm a Roman Catholic who's

I'm a Roman Catholic who's open to many opinions about religion and inclination. 

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Squady wrote: I'm a Roman

Squady wrote:

I'm a Roman Catholic who's open to many opinions about religion and inclination. 

Are you open to the possibility that you may be wrong?

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Wish

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

i had not read that with a mouthful of porridge...

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums squady. You might find the attacks on your beliefs are relentless, but if you don't take them personally, there is plenty of room for us all to explore what we believe. I applaud your willingness to step into an obviously hostile environment for your beliefs. I believe that the only way to true knowledge is to be willing to put what we believe to extreme questioning. 

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:Squady

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

I wish I could say I was wrong but I am absolutely correct on this.

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Welcome to the forums squady. You might find the attacks on your beliefs are relentless, but if you don't take them personally, there is plenty of room for us all to explore what we believe. I applaud your willingness to step into an obviously hostile environment for your beliefs. I believe that the only way to true knowledge is to be willing to put what we believe to extreme questioning. 

Like what I have said I am open to various opinion and would expect extreme attacks on my belief. What matters to me is the true knowledge and wisdom that I will be absorbing out of every discussions with all of you. Thanks for the warm welcome Beyond Saving Smiling

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Squady wrote:Ktulu

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

For one to consider themselves open minded they must be willing to accept the possibility that the could be wrong.  You merely avoided the question.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Beyond Saving

Beyond Saving wrote:

Now I really fucking hate you! How dare you type stuff I agree with. I cant view you as being actually human. What the hell am I going to do with that dart board with your avatar on it? You made me waste money on printing your avatar and a fucking dart board! Man,  Libertarians, cant live with em, cant shoot em.

A little background for the noob Squady, Beyond is my economic nemesis. He makes love to Wall Street, and get's miffed when I "The peasant" simply point out that the pay gap is a bit lopsided.

But, even with our infighting, at least, we want you the believer, to see is as individuals, if anything else. And, as much as Beyond Saving boils my buttons with his economic views, he really is right on this. You have stepped into the boxing ring, don't be afraid of getting your claims punched. Most the atheists here, while rolling our eyes at believers claims, can and do value those who don't take the boxing match personally.

Good example. Caposkia, is also a believer. How the hell he has stood almost 5 years of us saying "bullshit" to him. I cant stand his claims, but I do value the fact that he does not take it personally. If you can do the same, you will enjoy your stay here, even if you pull your hair out in the process.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Smiling everything is relative, how can you be absolutely correct about anything? 

You can only be absolutely sure within the constrains of your paradigm.  Should your points of reference change, you should allow for your opinion to change.  

So what you are claiming is that the Roman Catholic religion, is the one true religion.  You are claiming that an offshoot of Christianity, resting upon a seemingly minor discrepancy is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.  I'm going to enjoy listening to your absolutely correct justification of that statement.  

I for one, will allow that I may potentially be wrong.  I would love for you to explain to me how I am wrong, and if you are successful, we'll both go to mass on Sunday to partake in the symbolic cannibalistic ritual.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Not a claim

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Smiling everything is relative, how can you be absolutely correct about anything? 

You can only be absolutely sure within the constrains of your paradigm.  Should your points of reference change, you should allow for your opinion to change.  

So what you are claiming is that the Roman Catholic religion, is the one true religion.  You are claiming that an offshoot of Christianity, resting upon a seemingly minor discrepancy is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT.  I'm going to enjoy listening to your absolutely correct justification of that statement.  

I for one, will allow that I may potentially be wrong.  I would love for you to explain to me how I am wrong, and if you are successful, we'll both go to mass on Sunday to partake in the symbolic cannibalistic ritual.

I am correct about saying I am a Roman Catholic but did not claim to all of you here that this is the absolute religion of all. Did I ever said that?

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

I am correct about saying I am a Roman Catholic but did not claim to all of you here that this is the absolute religion of all. Did I ever said that?

Fair enough - as a response to the question posed, in the context of your previous statement about being a Roman Catholic, etc, that is quite valid...

Oh, and welcome!

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

I was Catholic. But I dropped my service because of all the "Roaming" charges. HA, I made a funny.

But in all seriousness, I really was a Catholic growing up. It is a very physically healthy religion if you like constantly kneeling, standing, sitting. Good cardio.

When the original Star Wars came out, and the line "May the force be with you", every time I heard that line I thought to myself "And also with you, lets offer each other a sign of The Force". That's when I was Catholic as a kid.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Smiling I get that, so you are correct in that you are a Roman Catholic only.  I respect the clarification and I see that I may have come on a little strong.  Can you give me an example of how you are "open" relative to your religion?

Squady
Theist
User is offlineOffline
Ktulu wrote:Squady

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Ktulu wrote:

Squady wrote:

Smiling I get that, so you are correct in that you are a Roman Catholic only.  I respect the clarification and I see that I may have come on a little strong.  Can you give me an example of how you are "open" relative to your religion?

I know it's not gonna be that easy and it would take time listening to all your points of view, justification of facts, and valuable statements before coming up with a final conclusion why I should leave behind my faith. I am open to various opinion and would expect extreme attacks and praises (if there should be any) on my belief and of course I would like to know about your faith. That is how "open" I am relative to my present religion.  

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Squady wrote:I know it's not

Squady wrote:

I know it's not gonna be that easy and it would take time listening to all your points of view, justification of facts, and valuable statements before coming up with a final conclusion why I should leave behind my faith. I am open to various opinion and would expect extreme attacks and praises (if there should be any) on my belief and of course I would like to know about your faith. That is how "open" I am relative to my present religion.  

Well, I like you already Smiling  

Let's examine my faith.  Faith defined as hope I have, faith defined as trust I have very little, actually just about the one thing I have absolute faith in is "Cogito ergo sum".  Faith as in entity or concept is relative to the frame of reference presented, and is always to a degree approaching 100% but never having the logical weight to reach it.  I am an agnostic atheist, make of that what you will.  Smiling

earl23
User is offlineOffline
Hey!

Hey welcome to the forum. I'm new here. Nice to meet you. Smiling