Nor blade of grass
Get harmed or protected
By fictitious gaps

This animal
Merely suffered
Flaws in evolution
Nothing more
(end)

I just wrote this poem after seeing a story on CNN, no link, just wrote this in response to the story. But I might have even gotten the mammal wrong, the story flew by fast, but the intent is still the same. It WAS a swimming mammal with scoliosis. The marine biologists built a brace to correct the curve in it's spine. They don't know if it will work, but that certainly is better than some superstitious prayer to a non existent god who doesn't even give a shit to care about an animal that had no choice in it's condition. So take the Killer Whale as poetic license if I got the animal wrong. Doesn't change the message in the poem.

Often we debate as atheists in terms of human existence, but what of the suffering of animals under this alleged beings watch? If we are to be held up to neglect standards to the pets and animals under our own control, what excuse would an all powerful god have?

The reality is that this mammal is just a victim of evolution. Vic hurt the dogs because humans are capable of doing harm to animals, much less other human beings. This is another indictment of the concept of an all loving all powerful god as a claim.

The bottom line is that neither the good or bad in life need a fictional super hero to explain. It becomes that much more absurd when you are talking about animals who have no capability of knowing better.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog