May21st End of the world nut claims today was it.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
May21st End of the world nut claims today was it.

Anyone remember that nut who claimed May21st would be the end of the world. Well shortly after he claimed he got his calculations wrong and TODAY would be it.

What is that fucking nut going to do when tomorrow comes around and the world is still here?

Nostradickhead, here is no different than the polytheist version of Oracles and just as stupid. Superstition is superstition,

Saying the world will end is like saying people shit. No one knows when, but the end of our species or even our planet will be a result of our own hand, or nature, or a meteor. No fucking magic needed, or superstition needed to explain life.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

ex-minister
atheistHigh Level Moderator
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
where is he now

Thanks for the reminder. I had almost forgotten.

Harold Camping must be laying low, so it must be a no go.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

http://jesus-needs-money.blogspot.com/

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jesus incompent government worker or doesn't care

Jesus does need a better Project Manager. That gang is alway missing their deadlines. But what can you expect from THE government. Low quality control.

Religion Kills !!!

Numbers 31:17-18 - Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man, but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
He must of been using one of

He must of been using one of those cryptic metaphors. We were all just to stupid to understand what he really meant.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Tapey wrote:He must of been

Tapey wrote:

He must of been using one of those cryptic metaphors. We were all just to stupid to understand what he really meant.

Speak for yourself. I figured it out. It's going to happen on Easter next Year, God is angry that we mixed his bible with bunnies and candy.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Tapey wrote:He

Brian37 wrote:

Tapey wrote:

Speak for yourself. I figured it out. It's going to happen on Easter next Year, God is angry that we mixed his bible with bunnies and candy.

Face righteous judgement?

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37

Brian37 wrote:

Nostradickhead, here is no different than ... 

<snort>

I like your nicknames for people, Brian. They are subtle and yet blunt at the same time. A hilarious combination.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I understand that the 1st

I understand that the 1st ammendment grants him the right to make such perdatory assertions.... However.... it would also be nice if in such instances, that other people's Freedom of speech included the right to show their dissaproval by punching him in the face.... just sayin'

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

p { margin-bottom: 0.08in; }

OK, there is no easter bunny.

About thirty years ago I had five outdoor cats. I was no stranger to trophies on the back steps. One year, one of them brought in a rabbit. I have no idea what the deal was as cats clearly do not eat rabbits. However, this was on easter Sunday. He never brought a rabbit in before or since.

My cat killed the easter bunny.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Guys, It is gonna be quiet this time

Just went to the family radio site and a few weeks back Harold Camping posted an audio message. He sounds like he is medicated, but he doesn't have the bravado. He "thinks" it is Oct 21st but he back peddles by saying god is no respecter of persons. And he says the end will "come very quietly". Quite the change. The only thing that he gets up about is the HE KNOWS THE ELECT WILL BE SAVED.  Duh! Isn't that what this solipsism is all about.

If you got 6 minutes you can listen here. 

Greeting from Mr. Camping, Part 2

http://www.familyradio.com/

Religion Kills !!!

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
He's on something.

Camping is 90 + yrs, he may have been on meds or he may be acting his age.  Eather way I don't have six minutes to waste on a nutcase,  and I will see you all tomorrow,  and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow {sorry Shakespeare}.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
natural wrote:Brian37

natural wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

<snort>

I like your nicknames for people, Brian. They are subtle and yet blunt at the same time. A hilarious combination.

a natural poopyhead, Dick Woodhard, Questions in Gene Simmons' Tongue, KAPOW!, Brian Neanderthal, ex-Forein Legion minister, French Connection, Breinz57,etc

I must have missed the actual magic trick involved...

... which is to say, I genuinely do not get it.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:Camping is 90

Jeffrick wrote:
Camping is 90 + yrs, he may have been on meds or he may be acting his age.  Eather way I don't have six minutes to waste on a nutcase,  and I will see you all tomorrow,  and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow {sorry Shakespeare}.

He may very well be in his 90s, and he may indeed be laughed at by people all over the damned world, but I think it isn't fargone conclusion to at least want his followers to back away from his goofy beliefs, and put their time and money into something slightly more worthwhile.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
natural wrote:Brian37

natural wrote:

Brian37 wrote:

<snort>

Thank you Unatural. Just being silly Artificial. Please don't hurt me.

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:Jeffrick

Kapkao wrote:

Jeffrick wrote:

He may very well be in his 90s, and he may indeed be laughed at by people all over the damned world, but I think it isn't fargone conclusion to at least want his followers to back away from his goofy beliefs, and put their time and money into something slightly more worthwhile.

By 90 you would have deluded yourself for so long and have concerns about your legacy you ain't going to have a death bed de-conversion. Practicing dishonesty is hard to undo after awhile. It would be mind-blowing if he did come clean but I ain't hold my breath. Frankly I wish he live another 10 years and keep making predictions.

Religion Kills !!!

ex-minister
ex-minister's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sorry

Religion Kills !!!