Hello

Zaephen
Zaephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello

Hello all.  I've been searching for an atheist site/forum to join for a long time but I never found one that really clicked until I stumbled upon this one.

I'm 39 and live in KY, USA.  I've been a (strong)atheist for about 25 years.  Thanks to all involved for creating a site that is exactly what I was looking for.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
Zaephen wrote: I've been a (strong) atheist for about 25 years.

Hi ! and 'Welcome to the Machine', I look forward to reading threads from a die hard atheist !

Signature ? How ?

RatDog
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome  

Welcome Smiling 

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey there Zaephen

Welcome - have fun.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
G'day, and welcome, from

G'day, and welcome, from Australia.

Hope your interactions on the site live up to your hopes and expectations.

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome aboard, I hope you

Welcome aboard, I hope you find it comfortable here.

pauljohntheskeptic
atheistSilver Member
pauljohntheskeptic's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum. Hope

Welcome to the forum. Hope you stay and post often.

"God is omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, - it says so right here on the label. If you have a mind capable of believing all three of these divine attributes simultaneously, I have a wonderful bargain for you. No checks please. Cash and in small bills." - Robert A Heinlein.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 Welcome new guy have fun.

Welcome new guy Smiling have fun.

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Howdy! I felt the same way

Howdy! I felt the same way when I first joined. I still have not found any place that rivals it for my tastes. Perhaps Pharyngula comes close, as well as Why Evolution is True and Butterflies and Wheels, but I prefer forums to blog comments.

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
More atheists? Wisky Tango

More atheists? Wisky Tango Foxtrot. Like the world needs more rational people in it.

Next you're going to tell me pink unicorns don't exist.

FOR THE LOVE OF THOR, WHY AM I ALWAYS THE LAST ONE TO KNOW?

(note to self: Did I think this, or type it?)

Welcome.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Zaephen
Zaephen's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for all the great

Thanks for all the great replies.  Yes, I think I'm going to like it here just fine. 

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Zaephen wrote:Thanks for all

Zaephen wrote:

Thanks for all the great replies.  Yes, I think I'm going to like it here just fine. 

Yea it's fairly diverse here. Have fun.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

luca
atheist
User is offlineOffline

Quote:
Thanks to all involved for creating a site that is exactly what I was looking for.

Wait till after you have know the local celebrities...