Anyone Discovered Any Cool Bands Lately?

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anyone Discovered Any Cool Bands Lately?

Been enjoying Kurt Vile, The Low Anthem, Young Galaxy, Los Lonely Boys, Black Joe Lewis and Augustus Pablo's East of the River Nile, which I can't believe I've never heard of before. 

Of all these I'd have to say Kurt Vile is the most precocious talent - especially if you like the indie folk thing. 

Anyone else?

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

jimmy.williamson
Superfan
jimmy.williamson's picture
User is offlineOffline
Love the avitar pic. Capt.

Love the avitar pic. Capt.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I just started listening to

I just started listening to Onra.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have to put up with

I have to put up with country music most of the time at work. "take me down to the little white church" "god is great beer is good and people are crazy" I think they play these songs on a loop on the radio here. I do know one christian who actually dislikes the beer and god combo though.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
I know it's not popular

robj101 wrote:

I have to put up with country music most of the time at work. "take me down to the little white church" "god is great beer is good and people are crazy" I think they play these songs on a loop on the radio here. I do know one christian who actually dislikes the beer and god combo though.

but I like a bit of country of the Townes Van Zandt, Lissie, early Iron and Wine variety. One thing others may have noticed with god memes infiltrating music is reggae and rocksteady. There's constant shit about babylon, jerusalem, israel, jahjah with overtones of retribution and the second coming. Shits me to tears every time. 

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I hate classic rock.  It

I hate classic rock.  It actually pisses me off when our bubba mechanic plays that shit all day.  Bachman Turner Overdrive's "Taking Care Of Business" , Lynerd Skynard "Free Bird" every day !!!  Change the fucking station !!!

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:I just started

Gauche wrote:

I just started listening to Onra.

I like that, you sound like you would enjoy Outside.  This is probably my absolute favourite piece.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

robj101 wrote:

but I like a bit of country of the Townes Van Zandt, Lissie, early Iron and Wine variety. One thing others may have noticed with god memes infiltrating music is reggae and rocksteady. There's constant shit about babylon, jerusalem, israel, jahjah with overtones of retribution and the second coming. Shits me to tears every time. 

Yea well some of it is just plain retarded. One song in particular I always make fun of out in the shop, some reba mcentire or however you spell her name song. Long line in it sounds like "haw haw hee haw he he he haw" wtf is this carp. Pop country, it's not even real country. A lot of this newer rock sux too, fake singing bastards repeated half ass riffs (I think a lot of the bass players are thumping 3 notes on two strings) and the kids love it. I could as soon listen to someone playing pac man.

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin