Popcorn thread for redneF v. Jean Chauvin

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Popcorn thread for redneF v. Jean Chauvin

Jean Chauvin wrote:
Hey RedBull, when you get your wings, and you're done crying to mommy, grow some balls and admit that you lost. Otherwise answer my questions.

Jean Chauvin is even ruder than redneF in this debate. Not that surprising, but still interesting to note.

Jean Chauvin wrote:
A Professor in philosophy (Me)

Breaking the 9th commandment for Jesus. Wheee!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

mrOriginal
atheist
mrOriginal's picture
User is offlineOffline
It worries me to think how

It worries me to think how many people like this Guy I pass on the street everyday.  Rednef is absolutely destroying this guy.

People like Jean make me so grateful that I don't have to live my life buried in fear and hatred.  I wonder what it would be like if someone like him put their "hating" effort into curing cancer, or helping the homelss, ending hunger, world peace.  But then, doing good things would be such a waste of time if you don't do it for the "glory of god" right? 

I would never go to a potluck with a person like Jean, I would be afraid of what was in the "Kool Aid"

I am new to the forum, from what ive seen posted this guy has been around before......Is this dude serious, or is he just trying to get a rise out of us Athiests for his own sick personal gratification?

Thanks,

Mr. O

"Whoever feels predestined to see and not to believe will find all believers too noisy and pushy: he guards against them."

Friedrich Nietzsche

ubuntuAnyone
Theist
ubuntuAnyone's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean_Chauvin wrote:A

Jean_Chauvin wrote:

Who granted him a Ph.D.? Probably Bull S@#$ U ...

“Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ubuntuAnyone

ubuntuAnyone wrote:

Jean_Chauvin wrote:

the same institutes who confer degrees on crackpots like josh mcdowell, probably. 

incidentally, i love how christians heap scorn upon academia for making a god of education and daring to turn a critical eye on the bible, but the moment they have ANY kind of credential, spurious or otherwise, they trumpet it from the hillsides.  years ago i used to be involved with campus crusade (shiver), and they never failed to call their founder, bill bright, "dr. bright," even though his doctorate was honorary.  i once tactfully broached this subject with a senior staff member and got daggers stared at me.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
mrOriginal wrote:I am new to

mrOriginal wrote:

I am new to the forum, from what ive seen posted this guy has been around before......Is this dude serious, or is he just trying to get a rise out of us Athiests for his own sick personal gratification?

Thanks,

Mr. O

I'm afraid he might be actually be serious to an extent. Although, he does seem to aim to get a rise out of certain people. For a "loving Christian" he sure throws out a lot of personal insults while being really quick to throw a fit at anyone who tosses an insult back at him. Which is why I no longer bother talking to him.

So what is the verdict? For arguing with the resident delusional theists one on one with real arguments that will be ignored/misunderstood in most cases is Red 

A. A saint 

B. A masochist

C. Crazy

D. A hero

E. All of the above

For extra credit,

Will Rednef ever have a one on one debate with Fonzie, if so how many pages will it be? Who will give up first?

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
ubuntuAnyone

ubuntuAnyone wrote:

Jean_Chauvin wrote:

This website isn't squeamish about cuss words. "Bullshit U" is fine to type out.

Dont get me wrong, everyone has there comfort level and cussing in every post just to do so, isn't a good reason to. Just saying it isn't what the mods focus on.

Things that get you banned are spamming, preaching, and being an outright jerk. And even then this website has tons of patience for this.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jean goes way beyond your

Jean goes way beyond your garden variety sky daddy fan. Seriously, when you compare Jean to Caposkia, Cap isn't arrogant and is trying to make arguments. Jean is merely reacting to the fact that someone doesn't kiss up to his gang leader.

Jean is just plain sick in the head.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi folks

Look - surely Jean is a Poe or at the very least a theist idly entertaining himself. No, he must be a Poe. He's just spouting rubbish tho' I notice that Fonzie has begun to lose the plot over on the It Works For Me (to waste years arguing with atheists) thread.

It's rather fun watching Red juggle theists. You have to hand it to that guy.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Anonymouse
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Red, for fuck's sake, you're

Red, for fuck's sake, you're wasting your time.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

Look - surely Jean is a Poe or at the very least a theist idly entertaining himself. No, he must be a Poe. He's just spouting rubbish tho' I notice that Fonzie has begun to lose the plot over on the It Works For Me (to waste years arguing with atheists) thread.

I don't know what to believe.

If he's a Poe, he's a Poe who has spent more time doing classical Biblical study than most atheists are interested in doing.  Especially atheists who are irreverent enough to spend the time doing this kind of fooling around.

I'd be fascinated to meet him, honestly.  See behind the curtain, as it were.  I have a hard time believing the character he presents here is his real self though.

On another note, I hope the 'debate' with red goes on forever, that is grade "A" entertainment!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

That's my take on it too, especially the way he portrays pedestrian theists as wrong... Very entertaining though Smiling

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
I am of the opinion that

I am of the opinion that Jean Chauvin is sabatoging this forum through excessively infuriating, purposefully confrontational, and barely coherant posting... He's like a lone soldier behind enemy lines, hoping to help his effort by mucking up the works...

I choose not to engage him...

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
Rich Woods wrote:I am of the

Rich Woods wrote:

I am of the opinion that Jean Chauvin is sabatoging this forum through excessively infuriating, purposefully confrontational, and barely coherant posting... He's like a lone soldier behind enemy lines, hoping to help his effort by mucking up the works...

I choose not to engage him...

I second that motion.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

redneF
atheistRational VIP!
redneF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymouse wrote:Red, for

Anonymouse wrote:

Not at all.

He is.

He is wasting his time, clearly demonstrating his delusions, and then asserting that he is rational.

It's fucking hilarious.

All of these clowns assert that believing in a god is logical and rational, and they follow that up with a lack of both.

They waste their entire lives doing this.

I keep asking myself " Are they just playin' stupid, or are they just plain stupid?..."

"To explain the unknown by the known is a logical procedure; to explain the known by the unknown is a form of theological lunacy" : David Brooks

" Only on the subject of God can smart people still imagine that they reap the fruits of human intelligence even as they plow them under." : Sam Harris

TGBaker
atheist
TGBaker's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad

mellestad wrote:

Atheistextremist wrote:

I don't know what to believe.

If he's a Poe, he's a Poe who has spent more time doing classical Biblical study than most atheists are interested in doing.  Especially atheists who are irreverent enough to spend the time doing this kind of fooling around.

I'd be fascinated to meet him, honestly.  See behind the curtain, as it were.  I have a hard time believing the character he presents here is his real self though.

On another note, I hope the 'debate' with red goes on forever, that is grade "A" entertainment!

From exegesis discussions I think he is quite serious. He comes from a system that has a long tradition that has even altered the methodology of interpretation of ancient manuscripts so that they conform to the doctrine they need out of them. Think about one simple rule in that system. If one finds two or more scripture that appear to be contradictions one must find a scenario that would account for and harmonize  the apparent contradictions since the bible is Inerrant.  The actual meaning of the text as intended and easily apparent goes out of the window to overcome another author's statement or a statement of the same author.  One must not translate a verse that would mean something contrary to fundamental doctrine such as trinity.  So the verses are actually changed from the original language to something other than the text means since the text could not mean something that is against what is believed by the church.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whip cream."--Frank Zappa

http://atheisticgod.blogspot.com/ Books on atheism

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
TGBaker wrote:From exegesis

TGBaker wrote:

From exegesis discussions I think he is quite serious. He comes from a system that has a long tradition that has even altered the methodology of interpretation of ancient manuscripts so that they conform to the doctrine they need out of them. Think about one simple rule in that system. If one finds two or more scripture that appear to be contradictions one must find a scenario that would account for and harmonize  the apparent contradictions since the bible is Inerrant.  The actual meaning of the text as intended and easily apparent goes out of the window to overcome another author's statement or a statement of the same author.  One must not translate a verse that would mean something contrary to fundamental doctrine such as trinity.  So the verses are actually changed from the original language to something other than the text means since the text could not mean something that is against what is believed by the church.

That has to be the olympics of mental gymnastics.  It seems so pointless, and yet fool proof.  With that process you start with any premise, and change the whole 'translation' to fit that idea.

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

funknotik
atheist
funknotik's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

+1. I have never seen such stupid shit come from a theist. He has to literally be going out of his way to seem more absurd with every successive post. If you take that guy seriously you may have fallen into his trap...

greek goddess
Rational VIP!Science Freak
greek goddess's picture
User is offlineOffline
redneF wrote:Anonymouse

redneF wrote:

Anonymouse wrote:

Not at all.

He is.

He is wasting his time, clearly demonstrating his delusions, and then asserting that he is rational.

It's fucking hilarious.

All of these clowns assert that believing in a god is logical and rational, and they follow that up with a lack of both.

They waste their entire lives doing this.

Totally. You hit the nail on the head. It's easy to "win" when you have the truth and the facts on your side. 

But still, you have some serious balls, man. 

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm gonna have to disagree

I'm gonna have to disagree there. It takes no balls to feed a troll.

Plus rednef lives for this, anytime he can contradict a theist(either rightly or wrongly) he will do it. Even if it makes him look like an ass. He's got four 1on1 debates, 2 of which are with the same guy. It's not like either one of them are really contributing anything, it's just a pissing contest.

"I pwn j00!!"

"no, I pwn j00! in jesus name!"

"no I am the one who is pwning j00!"

"No I am!"

It's inane, and boring-sauce.

Plus, Jean is probably a Poe.