Sharia4Australia

Atheistextremist
atheist
Atheistextremist's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sharia4Australia

PM go and 'let the Muslims take over'

ISLAMIC preacher Ibrahim Siddiq-Conlon points heavenwards to emphasise his message for the governments of Australia -- there is no God but Allah and only his laws should be obeyed.  

"My attack is on the Prime Minister of Australia," he said yesterday. "I hate the parliament in Canberra. I want to go straight for the jugular vein and advise the parliament that they have no right to legislate. They should immediately step down and let the Muslims take over."

An Australian-born convert to Islam, Siddiq-Conlon is the self-anointed leader of a group called Sharia4Australia, which is pushing for the introduction of sharia courts as a first step towards achieving Islamic law.

"One day Australia will live under sharia; it's inevitable," he said. "If they (Australians) don't accept it, that's not our problem. We hope, and our objective is to have a peaceful transition, but when you look at history that has never been the case. There's always been a fight. It is inevitable that one day there will be a struggle for Islam in Australia."

A masters graduate in architecture from the University of Technology Sydney, Siddiq-Conlon formed Sharia4Australia last year. He said he had three objectives. The first is to persuade Muslims they must hate "taghoot", the worship of any God other than Allah, which includes democracy.

"They must hate it, speak out against it. And, if that doesn't work, take action against it."

His other objectives are to advise elected governments they have no authority to rule, and to educate non-Muslims on the benefits of sharia, including punishments such as stoning adulterers and severing the hands of thieves.

"If chopping off the hands is the punishment given by the sharia court then we say glad tidings, because chopping off the hands -- when you understand what is sharia -- is a mercy to that person.

"Why is it a mercy getting your hands chopped off? Because it can be expiation for your sins. It is better to get punished in this life than to go underground into the grave or into the hellfire for eternity."

Siddiq-Conlon will join a debate tonight at the Parramatta Town Hall in Sydney on the merits of sharia versus democracy. The event was organised by self-styled debate promoter Zaky Mallah, who was acquitted of terrorism charges in 2005 but pleaded guilty to threatening to kill a commonwealth officer after his passport was cancelled.

The pro-democracy case will be argued by an Australian army veteran, self-described "concerned Aussie" and senior member of the pro-gun Firearms Forum, Jack Zedee. "The issue with Mr Conlon and Sharia4Australia is they are preaching hatred. His views horrify me," Mr Zedee told The Australian.

Police and private security are expected at the debate, after both sides claimed to have received death threats. Mallah said he had tried to cancel the event but the debaters insisted on proceeding.

Siddiq-Conlon shrugs off concerns his campaign will damage the moderate Muslim community. "If it causes a backlash against the Muslims, I can't help that. This is a necessary debate."

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

harleysportster
atheist
harleysportster's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just another extremist Muslim nutcase

If these people hate the government and the people of Australia so much, why don't they leave ?

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
How charming. And just

How charming.

And just think, since they outbreed most folks.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Thunderios
atheist
User is offlineOffline
On chopping hands

"Why is it a mercy getting your hands chopped off? Because it can be expiation for your sins. It is better to get punished in this life than to go underground into the grave or into the hellfire for eternity."

Ah, but then it would only count for muslims! Because we are going to hell anyway, we don't need the extra real(I mean earthly, of course) life punishment.

lalib
atheist
lalib's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:How

mellestad wrote:

How charming.

*puke*

Outbreed and inbreed too much. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/newsnight/4442010.stm

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
Calm down, one lunatic will

Calm down, one lunatic will not bring down australia.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:How

mellestad wrote:

How charming.

Are you talking about Jews? 'Cause then it sounds offensive, doesn't it?

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:mellestad

ZuS wrote:

mellestad wrote:

How charming.

I don't like the fact that Orthodox Jews and Evangelicals breed a lot either.  I don't like it when pretty much anyone has more than two children, and I don't like belief systems that mandate as many children as possible.  I don't like it when births out-pace infrastructure, especially when those births come attached to ideas with a 95%+ rate of transmission among families, and those ideas run in direct opposition to everything that makes life less shitty.

I don't particularly care if it sounds offensive, I care about whether or not I am right.  So.  If you have a criticism, make the criticism, don't just throw out some random crap designed to make me cringe out of political correctness.

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:mellestad

ZuS wrote:

mellestad wrote:

How charming.

Are you equating Jews to Moslems, which is the group referred to in the OP, cause that will be offensive to both groups...

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
BobSpence1 wrote:ZuS

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline

BobSpence1 wrote:

ZuS wrote:

mellestad wrote:

How charming.

Are you equating Jews to Moslems, which is the group referred to in the OP, cause that will be offensive to both groups...

Yes, I am equating them in the sense that talking about their "breeding" should be equally offensive to anyone, not just those two groups.

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline

I will use my double-post to introduce you to an awesome Slovenian:

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:BobSpence1

ZuS wrote:

BobSpence1 wrote:

ZuS wrote:

mellestad wrote:

How charming.

Yes, I am equating them in the sense that talking about their "breeding" should be equally offensive to anyone, not just those two groups.

Would you mind explaining why it is offensive, and why anyone should car eif it offends you in particular?

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote:Would you

mellestad wrote:

Would you mind explaining why it is offensive, and why anyone should car eif it offends you in particular?

If I had to guess from other  previous posts.The excuse is that we are going to need all of these people in order to form this huge anti-corporation movement that will lead the earth to some wonderful Utopia where everyone will experience heaven on earth because we will no longer have big companies.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Chuckle

harleysportster wrote:

mellestad wrote:

If I had to guess from other  previous posts.The excuse is that we are going to need all of these people in order to form this huge anti-corporation movement that will lead the earth to some wonderful Utopia where everyone will experience heaven on earth because we will no longer have big companies.

Unlikely. Imagine if the only planet in the known universe with sentient life was a caliphate. What a travesty.

Still. I can't imagine muslims enjoy the fruits of their religion. Not in Tunisia and apparently not in Egypt or Syria, either. Nor in Iran.

What we have to hope is that the people of the MENA nations demand freedom from oppression, improvements in their lives and halal leather seats in their new cars. 

Though having said that, there are a lot of frail egos in MENA. You need a strong sense of self to break out of the faith you were force-fed as a child.

Apparently in MENA, the majority do not have one. Their brains are on a simple loop that facilitates yelling about Allah while waving a Kalashnikov.

"Experiments are the only means of knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." Max Planck

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster wrote:If I

harleysportster wrote:

And if I had to guess, it's merely a cheap/"nonsequitur" antizionist deflection. I somewhat agree with that PoV, yet vehemently disagree with turning a blind eye to the OP;  it isn't "one lunatic" by any stretch of the imagination.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

harleysportster
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kapkao wrote:And if I had to

Kapkao wrote:

And if I had to guess, it's merely a cheap/"nonsequitur" antizionist deflection. I somewhat agree with that PoV, yet vehemently disagree with turning a blind eye to the OP;  it isn't "one lunatic" by any stretch of the imagination.

I agree.

“It is proof of a base and low mind for one to wish to think with the masses or majority, merely because the majority is the majority. Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.”
― Giordano Bruno

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

harleysportster wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Unlikely. Imagine if the only planet in the known universe with sentient life was a caliphate. What a travesty.

Still. I can't imagine muslims enjoy the fruits of their religion. Not in Tunisia and apparently not in Egypt or Syria, either. Nor in Iran.

What we have to hope is that the people of the MENA nations demand freedom from oppression, improvements in their lives and halal leather seats in their new cars. 

Though having said that, there are a lot of frail egos in MENA. You need a strong sense of self to break out of the faith you were force-fed as a child.

Apparently in MENA, the majority do not have one. Their brains are on a simple loop that facilitates yelling about Allah while waving a Kalashnikov.

The individual brought up in those cultures has too much going against them to expect any significant number to break ranks.  If anyone could figure out a reliable way to break an entire culture of a particular belief they'd make the Nobel Prize winners list look like a bunch of children in a playground.

I wouldn't simplify it quite so much as the Kalashnikov comment, but that is only because I am kind and gentle in my speech.  Words fall out of my mouth like brilliant snowflakes, softly settling on my listener's ears to bring peace and harmony.

Or, you know, I'd just post a Jesus and Mo cartoon.

Atheistextremist
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Mmmmm

I accept that I am an anti-religious bigot. Having said that, any religion that is prepared to place toleration of individual rights above their pet dogma gets a gold star.

We probably don't realise this from such historical distance but maybe that insistence on free will in the bible is actually a beautiful and right-minded thing.

Great cartoon, BTW.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:Yes, I am equating

ZuS wrote:

Ergo?..............we shouldn't talk about their breeding?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
harleysportster

harleysportster wrote:

mellestad wrote:

Me thinks that ZuS reads too much Chuck Palahuniuk (Fight Club, Lullaby).  Nihilism rulles!

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
mellestad wrote: *puke*

That was a very good article     , I'll have to talk to one of the Pakistani doctor's at A.Einstein Medical Center, I'm always there for lab work and other MD's that monitor my progress. Anyway, reading that article reminds me about the Amish,and their inherent diseases. As Christopher Hitchens say's "Religion Poisons Everything" .     

Signature ? How ?

Ken G.
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote:introduce you to an awesome Slovenian

Yep ! he's very good to listen to,but very hard to watch,he reminds me of a old friend of mine who was a opiate addict,always scratching his nose. Anyway I first heard him on Democracy Now ! with Amy Goodman  www.democracynow.org/2008/3/11/everybody_in_the_world_except_us  back in 3-11-08 his topic was "Everybody in the World Except US Citizens should be allowed to Vote and Elect the American Government" . Also people call him the "Elvis of cultural theory"and he's one of Europe's leading intellectuals.

Signature ? How ?

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
Atheistextremist

Atheistextremist wrote:

The Australian wrote:

"They must hate it, speak out against it. And, if that doesn't work, take action against it."

Damn, that's overt sedition, he's writing himself a one-way ticket to gaol there.

AtheistExtremist wrote:

The Australian wrote:

His other objectives are to advise elected governments they have no authority to rule,

Dontcha just love how he plucks authority straight from his arsehole. Put it back ya slimy git, it smells.

AtheistExtremist wrote:

The Australian wrote:

and to educate non-Muslims on the benefits of sharia, including punishments such as stoning adulterers and severing the hands of thieves.

"If chopping off the hands is the punishment given by the sharia court then we say glad tidings, because chopping off the hands -- when you understand what is sharia -- is a mercy to that person.

Superstitious madness. I just don't get it how any person could be so delusional as to espouse benefit of Sharia law in the face of the multitudes desperately fleeing its horrors every day of every year for more moderate and humane shores. Disturbing, to say the least.

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com