Peace on earth

connerman
atheist
connerman's picture
User is offlineOffline
Peace on earth

"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favours!"

I've seen this scripture quoted in the Op Ed of two different newspapers recently.  Read it carefully, the peace is for believers only. The rest of you can suck on it. Christians spend an awful lot of time and effort beating plowshares into swords and claiming the opposite.

Understanding that there is no purpose in the Universe frees us all to find one.

Ktulu
atheist
User is offlineOffline
 The whole idea of

The whole idea of organized religion is to divide the world into two categories, those who believe our B.S. and those that will rot in hell for daring to question our B.S.  The idea that an all merciful god will punish those that don't worship him fanatically, with eternal agony, doesn't seem like a contradiction in terms to any church/mosque/synagogue goer.  

"Don't seek these laws to understand. Only the mad can comprehend..." -- George Cosbuc

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
connerman wrote:"Glory to

connerman wrote:

"Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favours!"

I've seen this scripture quoted in the Op Ed of two different newspapers recently.  Read it carefully, the peace is for believers only. The rest of you can suck on it. Christians spend an awful lot of time and effort beating plowshares into swords and claiming the opposite.

What a way to get people to convert, "My sky daddy can beat up your sky daddy"

To quote George Carlin, "But he loves you".

When the believer(insert deity here) talks about "peace" they are not talking about advise and consent, but peace through the submission of outsiders.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog