Bret, you had a great career, but come on.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Bret, you had a great career, but come on.

Farve is certainly entitled by the laws of the nation to go whatever direction he wants. But he seems to me a bit like the old dog in your yard who is tough as nails mentally but doesn't realize age.

Please for the love of Jake and all that is rational, HANG UP YOUR CLEATS. This is no better than when a model or stripper passes their prime. You had a great career, one that any NFL player, and even those who don't make it would kill for.

Please Bret, your time has past. Give it up. You can still support yourself through any sports media you might want to pursue and or any business you might want to start based on your name and career.

We respect your numbers and career, but the curtain is calling and it is time for you to go.

Am I the only one who thinks Bret is pushing it?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
When I read this post

When I read this post earlier I thought "yes, he's too old, too banged up..."

He just showed us. 

He just threw for a career high 424 yards and made an amazing last few minute comeback throwing two touchdowns. 

Game is tied with 20 seconds left at time of post.

P.S. It's "Brett Favre"

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
You mean Favre should keep

You mean Favre should keep playing as long as there are sucky defenses?

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I grew up in Wisconsin and

I grew up in Wisconsin and have been a Favre fan from the beginning. Yeah, the movie ending would have been him retiring after his amazing year last year after the Saints showed that the best way to beat him was to hit him hard as much as you can. But he absolutely loves football, it is his life. He will keep playing until no team is willing to put him on the field. So I don't blame Favre, he is one hell of a tough dude that loves playing football more than anything and he will continue to do what he loves and he is still extremely dangerous. I have a lot of respect for those who do what they love no matter what others think.

You have to put the blame on Childress who really should have picked up a decent backup in the off season and been prepared to bench Favre when he gets injured or starts throwing interceptions.

If, if a white man puts his arm around me voluntarily, that's brotherhood. But if you - if you hold a gun on him and make him embrace me and pretend to be friendly or brotherly toward me, then that's not brotherhood, that's hypocrisy.- Malcolm X

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
I think it depends on how

I think it depends on how well the O Line can protect him. Older QBs can still play well with good protection.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Beyond Saving
atheist
Beyond Saving's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)