New Hawaii 5-0, Steve takes oath without swearing to god.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
New Hawaii 5-0, Steve takes oath without swearing to god.

I have to admit I wasn't sure if I would like the new version being a fan of the old Hawaii 5-0.

I am going to give the new version a few episodes. On top of homages paid in the new version opening to the old opening, and the same music being used and some of the same shots as the old one, was nice.

BUT in the first episode of the new version, Steve takes the oath of a police officer WITHOUT swearing to god or on a bible.

It is nice, even if in fiction, it portrays the real neutrality in the Constitution of "no religious test" and no mention of any god in the oath of office.

I still don't know if this show will measure up to Jack Lord, but the new Kono is SMOKEN HOT!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jmm
Theist
jmm's picture
User is offlineOffline
Victory!

Victory!

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:Victory!maybe if

jmm wrote:

Victory!

maybe if we can get fictional characters to follow the constitution, maybe real characters will follow suit.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
jmm wrote:Victory!Yea, I

jmm wrote:

Victory!

Yea, I like the new Kono too. I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:jmm

Brian37 wrote:

jmm wrote:

Victory!

Yea, I like the new Kono too. I wouldn't kick her out of bed.

Yes, she's nice looking but I'm old school enough to enjoy watching Zulu run over people.

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin