What up kinfolk!!!

Aaron_1221
Aaron_1221's picture
User is offlineOffline
What up kinfolk!!!

I'd just like to say greetings to all like-minded rational thinkers.  I represent San Antonio, Texas and I'm an alum of the University of Texas at San Antonio.  It's always good to know that there are others who share similar views on the world and it's inhabitants.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forum.

....this long without any other replies? What's going on?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey, welcome!  

Hey, welcome!

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

x
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Aaron_1221 wrote:It's always

Aaron_1221 wrote:

It's always good to know that there are others who share similar views on the world and it's inhabitants.

Good on ya.

I often wonder how people who live in bible-belts or Iran or wherever, cope.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!

From the Seattle area, I wish you a great welcome to the site and I hope you enjoy your stay. See you in the discussions.

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
What are you going to do if

What are you going to do if Texas secedes from the union?

ChucK Noris would be your president. I think I have it bad living in the South East coast out in the middle of nowhere, but Texas scares the shit out of me, with the exception of Austin.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
BRIAN37!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian37 wrote:

What are you going to do if Texas secedes from the union?

ChucK Noris would be your president. I think I have it bad living in the South East coast out in the middle of nowhere, but Texas scares the shit out of me, with the exception of Austin.

CHECK YOUR PRIVETE MESSAGES AND THEN CALL DONOVAN HOUSE IN Rm 621.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gree tins, y'all

Aaron_1221 wrote:

I'd just like to say greetings to all like-minded rational thinkers.  I represent San Antonio, Texas and I'm an alum of the University of Texas at San Antonio.  It's always good to know that there are others who share similar views on the world and it's inhabitants.

Why heck shoot  we's  got  we selves anuthah Texan here, yee hah!  and ride 'em lobster,  sorry I grew up in Maine.  Yet I live in Canada so have a Tim Horton's and watch a hockey game, eh?    Otherwise welcome,  eh?    Ever seen the CN tower, eh?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Aaron_1221
Aaron_1221's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the welcome...I

Thanks for the welcome...I know everyone likes to beat up on Texas because it's an easy target, but I love Texas(Football and BBQ-my two favorite things).  I grew up in Wiesbaden, Germany and my family is from the Bronx, so i've been a lot of different places.  I have to say, I've met the realest people I ever met in San Antonio.  Florida is far more frightening.

If you go to any state, and travel to it's "non-urban" areas, you'll see and hear strange shit....It's not just Texas, at least that's been my experience.

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome!! 

Welcome!!  Smiling

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/