New Song called "I Don't Believe in God"

fattychunks
atheist
fattychunks's picture
User is offlineOffline
New Song called "I Don't Believe in God"

I feel like it's kind of flat, or it's the reverb i put on it, but figured i'd share my last song for a long while that I'll be putting out on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fvSpPwwJ1I

http:// www.youtube. com/ watch?v=4fvSpPwwJ1I

Ill be losing my internet and probably my cell phone due to some tough times in my life, so thats why this could be my last contribution to the nontheistic community for a long long time.. Won't be homeless just yet, but eh, i'm ok with it if it happens. Got the summer to see what happens and if I make it through that I'll be able to live off of student loans for a bit. 

Hope everyone enjoys it and I hope everyone enjoyed You Need Jesus. Seems like a lot of people really enjoyed it and I got some messages on youtube that said it made people cry it touched them so much, which made me feel good. Makes me feel like I really have something to give. 

Later all, and keep the doubt coming.

-jason

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well fattychunks,   I am

Well fattychunks,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that you make it work out fairly soon.

That being said, I too am a musician. I play bass and synthesizer. As such, I have some experience in coming up with some specific sounds. So yah, you have gone way overboard with the reverb.

First question: Do you have separate channels for the instrument and the vocals? If you don't, I would strongly suggest that you move in that direction ASAP.

Second question: Is that an acoustic guitar? With all that reverb, it is hard to tell. Remember that acoustic instruments have some reverb naturally.

When you get back up and running, you may want to try a Lexicon MX 200 effect processor. I got mine on ebay for about $50.00. You will get two separate processors with a choice of 32 effects on each one.

Also, may I record your song and post it on my youtube channel? It is really good but it needs someone to work it over. If you give me the chance, well...

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

fattychunks
atheist
fattychunks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well fattychunks,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that you make it work out fairly soon.

That being said, I too am a musician. I play bass and synthesizer. As such, I have some experience in coming up with some specific sounds. So yah, you have gone way overboard with the reverb.

First question: Do you have separate channels for the instrument and the vocals? If you don't, I would strongly suggest that you move in that direction ASAP.

Second question: Is that an acoustic guitar? With all that reverb, it is hard to tell. Remember that acoustic instruments have some reverb naturally.

When you get back up and running, you may want to try a Lexicon MX 200 effect processor. I got mine on ebay for about $50.00. You will get two separate processors with a choice of 32 effects on each one.

Also, may I record your song and post it on my youtube channel? It is really good but it needs someone to work it over. If you give me the chance, well...

yea it always happens that after i post a song i see more wrong with it haha... as long as i get credit for it and linked to, do with it what you like. i'm all acoustic, yea. something about the acoustic that i love and i cant get away from. and no, i dont have seperate channels. all i do is record into a sony handycam that's HD so the sound ends up being really good compared to other ways i use to record... and due my situation i wont be able to 'move' in any direction or buy anything. if i'm able to make it through the summer things should be ok for awhile but whatever happens, i'll be ok with. life goes on and ill live in whatever circumstance i'm in. even if it is backpacking to nowhere in particular haha.

robj101
atheist
robj101's picture
User is offlineOffline
Your music is enjoyable, I

Your music is enjoyable, I hope you manage to keep it up.

Times are tough and even after a raise late last year I'm finding it hard to keep up. I had to sell my beloved (lol) hotrod. Someone broke into my house and stole my 56" tv a while back, I'm having to use a 32" now and it sux. I can barely read this text from the couch. I can't afford a new one though, not even close. There have been several times over the last few months where my bank acct had double digits. Your situation sounds much tougher but keep in mind you are not alone by any means. Keep working at it, I'm sure you will be ok.

In this day and age, a person with a bit of smarts and initiative can go far, just have stay steady. So many sheep out there that need to be led...

Faith is the word but next to that snugged up closely "lie's" the want.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in god, in none."-Charlie Chaplin

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK fattychunks, I will take

OK fattychunks, I will take that as you have published your song under the GPL. It would be inappropriate to not give credit where credit is due.

That being said, (and this is a long shot) are you anywhere near the zip code 06902?

I ask that because I am about to do an inventory dump. I have lots of stuff that wants a good home and if you can get it, then you can have my lexicon MX 200 for free.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

fattychunks
atheist
fattychunks's picture
User is offlineOffline
robj101 wrote:Your music is

robj101 wrote:

Your music is enjoyable, I hope you manage to keep it up.

Times are tough and even after a raise late last year I'm finding it hard to keep up. I had to sell my beloved (lol) hotrod. Someone broke into my house and stole my 56" tv a while back, I'm having to use a 32" now and it sux. I can barely read this text from the couch. I can't afford a new one though, not even close. There have been several times over the last few months where my bank acct had double digits. Your situation sounds much tougher but keep in mind you are not alone by any means. Keep working at it, I'm sure you will be ok.

In this day and age, a person with a bit of smarts and initiative can go far, just have stay steady. So many sheep out there that need to be led...

thanks man, i'm glad my music can be enjoyed. makes me feel good....

fattychunks
atheist
fattychunks's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

OK fattychunks, I will take that as you have published your song under the GPL. It would be inappropriate to not give credit where credit is due.

That being said, (and this is a long shot) are you anywhere near the zip code 06902?

I ask that because I am about to do an inventory dump. I have lots of stuff that wants a good home and if you can get it, then you can have my lexicon MX 200 for free.

man i'm in wisconsin, north western area... but may be in the process of moving to rhode island. that option just popped up today but not 100% for sure yet since money would be a big problem. thanks for the offer though man, very generous

but yea i just want credit, my name connected to what ive written for memory and history sake... if profit gets made off it, i'd feel cheated and i'd piss and moan but obviously i'm in no condition to seek legal action haha. but the fact that the message is being spread would make me feel like i am accomplishing something anyways. thanks man and just let me know where ill be able to listen to it and i hope to get some credit =]

fattychunks
atheist
fattychunks's picture
User is offlineOffline
 well i was able to see a

well i was able to see a therapist on campus today and im feeling better about my situation. i'm having some pretty serious mental issues and theyve been increasingly hard to talk about, but i think ill be able to keep my internet for a little while longer.. and i'm feeling a bit better about stuff. going to see a doctor on campus tomorrow about a psych eval and medications...