Hello I guess.

Alex.F.Hacker
User is offlineOffline
Hello I guess.

Hi, my name is Alex. Ive been an athiest all my life, and Im kinda glad I found this site/forum... I live in Michigan and yeah... Not much else to say.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hi Alex

Welcome to the boards. It's always nice to see another atheist on site.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

Alex.F.Hacker
User is offlineOffline
Woah

I gotta say, I wasnt expecting a response that fast. This forum has impressed me

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

chndlrjhnsn
chndlrjhnsn's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, Alex. Good to have

Welcome, Alex. Good to have you.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.Yes,

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, we're that awesome.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Alex.F.Hacker
User is offlineOffline
Awesome

I looked through some of the old topics and yeah. That awesome is what you are.

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Eh.....me? Oh, thanks.

Eh.....me? Oh, thanks.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Alex.F.Hacker
User is offlineOffline
Forum

Was referring to forum in general.

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
"F.Hacker"

Alex.F.Hacker wrote:

I looked through some of the old topics and yeah. That awesome is what you are.

So I guess that means you're a (computer) hacker and a cracker.

Well, before you attempt all of that stuff, you might want to know who I am:

Robert Gabriel Hester; 26; born, raised, and still living in Birmingham, AL. Atheist since 10, had questions and doubts since 6.

And I don't care all that much for my state's "moronic segregationist bible-thumper" image that it has had for far too long. I much prefer the 'Athiestic lesbian mother from Gadsden who lost child custody because of a knee-jerking, stupid hick judge' image we are now, finally capable of.

It's nice to know there are quite a few other "early age atheists" here as well. Howdy. 

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Alex.F.Hacker wrote:Was

Alex.F.Hacker wrote:

Was referring to forum in general.

Awww, darn it. 

BobSpence
High Level DonorRational VIP!ScientistWebsite Admin
BobSpence's picture
User is offlineOffline
G'day, and welcome.Hope you

G'day, and welcome.

Hope you have some fun/informative discussions....

Favorite oxymorons: Gospel Truth, Rational Supernaturalist, Business Ethics, Christian Morality

"Theology is now little more than a branch of human ignorance. Indeed, it is ignorance with wings." - Sam Harris

The path to Truth lies via careful study of reality, not the dreams of our fallible minds - me

From the sublime to the ridiculous: Science -> Philosophy -> Theology

Alex.F.Hacker
User is offlineOffline
Hacker

Close, but not quite. My actual name is Alex Hacker. And im... Well, lets keep my age a secret for now.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
<><

Hey Alex, welcome to the fun and games.

This place is one of the greatest sources of theistic smack-down I've found, although that could be because I'm lazy and I can't be bothered to look any further.

Good to have you with us,

Abu AKA Tim

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Alex.F.Hacker
User is offlineOffline
Smack-down

Theistic smack-down? Sounds fun.