Hello from Canada

1846CO
User is offlineOffline
Hello from Canada

Hello everyone I from Canada. I found this site looking up anti - religious quotes.  I work in Law Enforcement and see a lot people claiming to be religious but murder, rape, rob, sell drugs and do all sorts of other things that a true religious person shouldnt be doing. I have no patience for religion or those who claim to represent it.

I have always been silent about my views on religion but after seeing  Bill Maher religulous I couldn't keep it in anymore. I am not from a religious family and have been to church when I was baptized and weddings and funerals.

I briefly looked over the site and will look over it better later this afternoon. Just wanted to drop a quick introduction.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
1846CO wrote:Hello everyone

1846CO wrote:

Hello everyone I from Canada. I found this site looking up anti - religious quotes.  I work in Law Enforcement and see a lot people claiming to be religious but murder, rape, rob, sell drugs and do all sorts of other things that a true religious person shouldnt be doing. I have no patience for religion or those who claim to represent it.

I have always been silent about my views on religion but after seeing  Bill Maher religulous I couldn't keep it in anymore. I am not from a religious family and have been to church when I was baptized and weddings and funerals.

I briefly looked over the site and will look over it better later this afternoon. Just wanted to drop a quick introduction.

You work in law enforcement?

OH SHIT, EVERYONE HIDE THEIR STASH!

So how are the doughnuts in Canada?

Never mind me, just being silly in saying welcome. Actually other than beer I am a hermit who likes doing the speed limit and wearing my seat belt. My co-workers think I am a nerd.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello, eh?

I'm guessing you are a prison guard ( C O ,  eh?) I hail from Mississauga Ont. where the hail are you from?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

Renee Obsidianwords
High Level DonorModeratorRRS local affiliate
Renee Obsidianwords's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hey 1846CO, welcome to the

Hey 1846CO, welcome to the forum!

Slowly building a blog at ~

http://obsidianwords.wordpress.com/

latincanuck
atheist
latincanuck's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hello and welcome to the

Hello and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy it, always good to have a fellow Canuck on-board.

1846CO
User is offlineOffline
 Thanks Everyone. No need

Thanks Everyone. No need to hide the stash its all good.  Good guess Jeffrick but CO in my name doesnt stand for that it stands for the first and last letter in the name of my car. I am north west of you a little bit. Love the vegetarian definition in your signature.

Found a really good quote yesterday while looking for them.

"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children are smart." ~ Henry Mencken"

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Welcome! 

Welcome!

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.