The Daily Show's take of the Texas Textbook fiasco.

B166ER
atheist
B166ER's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Show's take of the Texas Textbook fiasco.

This is great! The Daily Show does a decent job giving a national spotlight to the bullshit being pushed onto the schools of Texas and beyond.

The Daily Show With Jon StewartMon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Don't Mess With Textbooks
www.thedailyshow.com
Daily Show
Full Episodes
Political HumorHealth Care Reform

I hope you all enjoy!

"This may shock you, but not everything in the bible is true." The only true statement ever to be uttered by Jean Chauvinism, sociopathic emotional terrorist.
"A Boss in Heaven is the best excuse for a boss on earth, therefore If God did exist, he would have to be abolished." Mikhail Bakunin
"The means in which you take,
dictate the ends in which you find yourself."
"Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme leadership derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
No Gods, No Masters!

ShadowOfMan
atheist
ShadowOfMan's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fantastic!

There is proof that the ignorance of the American people is created.  As long as they are buying tacos who cares if they know about how they are being exploited. 

A daughter of hope and fear, religion explains to Ignorance the nature of the unknowable. -Ambrose Bierce

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline

That's so fucked up. No small, self-interested group of people should have that much power unless I'm one of them.

How can not believing in something that is backed up with no empirical evidence be less scientific than believing in something that not only has no empirical evidence but actually goes against the laws of the universe and in many cases actually contradicts itself? - Ricky Gervais

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Abu Lahab wrote:That's so

Abu Lahab wrote:

That's so fucked up. No small, self-interested group of people should have that much power unless I'm one of them.

Oh shut up you towel head, just because you are a fellow Redskins fan doesn't mean you or I have the right to bitch about being second class. This wetback, didn't know his place, I know my place. It is behind our Christian overlords who own this joint. You piss them off you are in a world of hurt.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Rich Woods
Rational VIP!
Rich Woods's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:That's so

Abu Lahab wrote:

Hahahahahahaha.... Great Quote, sir...

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Daily Show... Still the

The Daily Show...

Still the most trusted name in News

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
ShadowOfMan wrote:There is

ShadowOfMan wrote:

There is proof that the ignorance of the American people is created.  As long as they are buying tacos who cares if they know about how they are being exploited. 

You hit the nail on the head. I recall an ad from this years superbowl in which some guy accomplished various feats, the most notable being delivering a baby tiger while on safari IN AFRICA!

"Faith, Faith is an island in the setting sun,
but proof, proof is the bottom line for everyone."
Proof, Paul Simon

Nothing this hard should taste so beefy.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

nutxaq
nutxaq's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

I stand corrected.

gaunpro
User is offlineOffline
 very interesting video I

very interesting video I like this

Recovering fund...
atheistSuperfan
Recovering fundamentalist's picture
User is offlineOffline
One of the Texas Republicans

One of the Texas Republicans who help push for this (David Barton) is a buddy of Holocaust deniers and Neo-Nazis - he voluntarily spoke at white supremacist and "Christian identity" rallies back in the 90s, then claimed "not to have known they were Nazis":

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/36137_Glenn_Beck_Promotes_Theocracy_and_Interviews_David_Barton_-_Speaker_at_Neo-Nazi_Rall...

He's also one of the more popular "Christian nation" revisionists - and he's been caught outright forging Founders' quotes in books he's published, to prove that the US was founded as a Christian nation.

He also has no credentials in history and earn his doctoral degree from a diploma mill (Pensacola Christian College) which is located right next door to Kent Hovind's creation museum.

And this is the guy who's deciding what your kids are learning in Texas public schools. No wonder our generation is screwed.

Optimism is reality, pessimism is the fantasy that you know enough to be cynical