Blurred Vision - Another Brick in the Wall (Hey Ayatollah, Leave Those Kids Alone!)

NoDeity
Bronze Member
NoDeity's picture
User is offlineOffline
Blurred Vision - Another Brick in the Wall (Hey Ayatollah, Leave Those Kids Alone!)

Holy shit, but this is good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S49Nz0m3JBI
I think it's a timely, appropriate, and well-conceived update of a classic.

I liked it enough to download the vid from YouTube -- I even bought the single on iTunes, which is something I very, very seldom do (half the sales go to Amnesty International).

Wonderist
atheist
Wonderist's picture
User is offlineOffline
This one has the correct

This one has the correct iTunes link (the one above is truncated). I recommend headphones or decent speakers for full effect (my laptop speakers didn't do it justice).

Wonderist on Facebook — Support the idea of wonderism by 'liking' the Wonderism page — or join the open Wonderism group to take part in the discussion!

Gnu Atheism Facebook group — All gnu-friendly RRS members welcome (including Luminon!) — Try something gnu!

NoDeity
Bronze Member
NoDeity's picture
User is offlineOffline
This version of "Another

This version of "Another Brick in the Wall" uses the same music track as the original Pink Floyd version but the lyrics are in what I assume is one of the several languages native to Iran.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oljrBHxqRsA

Reality is the graveyard of the gods.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
I usually don't like

I usually don't like remakes, but that was fucking awesome!

Brave band and you know if this goes anywhere some prick fundy Muslims will call for their heads.

It gave me chills and I was crying.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

NoDeity
Bronze Member
NoDeity's picture
User is offlineOffline
Just found the following on

Just found the following on the Pink Floyd news web site, Brain Damage.  (It appears to be a fan site, as opposed to an official band web site.)

Quote:
Another Brick In The Wall cover to raise awareness of Iran
Written by Matt  
Sunday, 07 February 2010

Blurred Vision, headed by two Iranian Canadian brothers, have recorded a cover version of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick In The Wall, part II", in support of the youth and freedom movement in Iran, and to help galvanise the international community to stand in solidarity with the youth of Iran, fighting a repressive regime to gain their freedom.

Having gained the approval of Roger Waters to record the track, which is subtitled "Hey Ayatollah, Leave Those Kids Alone!", the song is the band's first commercial release, produced by legendary rock producer Terry Brown and released by Canadian independent label, C12 Records (distributed by EMI Records).
- from http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/another-brick-in-the-wall-cover-to-raise-awareness-of-iran.html -- go there to read the full article.

Trivia note: Terry Brown is perhaps best known for producing the first eight Rush albums, including 1981's iconic Moving Pictures.

Reality is the graveyard of the gods.

mellestad
User is offlineOffline
Huh.  Neat, gave me a chill.

Huh.  Neat, gave me a chill.

Everything makes more sense now that I've stopped believing.

Ian_123 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Yes, it's impossible to

Yes, it's impossible to watch this without getting a tingle up the spine. Rock on.