The Cassiopeia Project

Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Cassiopeia Project

http://www.cassiopeiaproject.com/index.php

Highly recommended site that aims to make high end science available to the public.

A very good resource for reference; if, for instance, you are confronted with someone whose debate techniques include throwing scientific concepts around in an unscientific manner (which has been know to happen every now and then).

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Neat site. In fact, I

Neat site. In fact, I sampled one video and it turned out that I had just watched the same one on youtube the other day but with the intro that would have made it clear where it came from chopped off.

It was a bit much to sit through for me but then, I was already familiar with the material at hand (part 1 of the presentation on special relativity). However, I would tend to support anything that gets the material out there.

However, I did catch them in a forgivable error in the piece on black holes. They stated incorrectly that any star more than 20 solar masses will inevitably become a black hole. To really be correct, they should have stated that any star greater than 1.44 solar masses will become a black hole.

To some, that could be a minor nit but if one is going to advance the cause of science, accuracy should be preserved as much as possible.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Thank you for this!

Marquis wrote:

http://www.cassiopeiaproject.com/index.php

Highly recommended site that aims to make high end science available to the public.

A very good resource for reference; if, for instance, you are confronted with someone whose debate techniques include throwing scientific concepts around in an unscientific manner (which has been know to happen every now and then).

The ban I am currently under will be over at 3:00 am at the site that will not be named (Xian site) I posted at. This will be a fantastic resource on the sections of the forum where it will apply.

I wish you could post over there with me when I get back, but they would ban you after one post I think.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Oh, do go ahead and name the

Oh, do go ahead and name the site. If the thread is still there, link us to it as well. I am an old hand at avoiding bans. Just let then try to figure out how I can have a thousand different IP numbers and as many email addresses as needed.

That and I am pretty good at doing the poe thing.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

StrawberryJam
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Oh, do go ahead and name the site. If the thread is still there, link us to it as well. I am an old hand at avoiding bans. Just let then try to figure out how I can have a thousand different IP numbers and as many email addresses as needed.

Well, my user name is the same there as it is here. It's a time in my life where I was investigating their stuff after my car accident. I blame the meds, even though I know the meds had nothing to do with my lapse of better judgement.

It's known as CAF to the catholics, and is the largest catholic forum on the net. The owner of that site is a retired lawyer. I ranted a bit about their shennanigans with the way they were dealing with athiests in the welcome forum here. They started really cracking down on atheist posters, and even started a ban on athiest topics (not sure if it is still in place, so beware) but they let some of the nuts go on with their debate threads even though there was a ban... Trap....

I got nabbed for being "uncharitable" for commenting on a particular appartition

"what a bunch of nonsense"

That was all I said. Those sheep don't even have to believe in the damn things, yet saying it is nonsense is somehow uncharitable. WTF?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
User is offlineOffline
Link it or it never

Link it or it never happened.

Do not JFGI us.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:

=

Kapkao
atheistSuperfan
Kapkao's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

The poe.... thing?

Anyways, a good network administrator can block/gline any and all IP proxies currently known to ban-dodgers... but then, 'good network administrators' are a rare breed.

“A meritocratic society is one in which inequalities of wealth and social position solely reflect the unequal distribution of merit or skills amongst human beings, or are based upon factors beyond human control, for example luck or chance. Such a society is socially just because individuals are judged not by their gender, the colour of their skin or their religion, but according to their talents and willingness to work, or on what Martin Luther King called 'the content of their character'. By extension, social equality is unjust because it treats unequal individuals equally.” "Political Ideologies" by Andrew Heywood (2003)