Heathens Rock

Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
Heathens Rock

stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
 Hopefully you don't mean

 Hopefully you don't mean in the same sense that "Cleveland Rocks"


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
All the little chicks with

All the little chicks with the crimson lips say HEATHENS ROCK, HEATHENS ROCK.

 

 

 

 

There's also this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu2bgwcv43o

 


stuntgibbon
Moderator
stuntgibbon's picture
Posts: 699
Joined: 2007-05-17
User is offlineOffline
 Tyr's okay, but no one

 Tyr's okay, but no one rocks like a guy crowd surfing in a wheelchair to Bolt Thrower...


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
so metal

so metal


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
The Sword rocks. I saw them

The Sword rocks. I saw them in concert in L.A. I have no idea why most people listen to shit music all day long while bands like the Sword are obscure and unappreciated.

I have noticed all of the Norse religious themes in metal. Well, that, and the explicitly anti-Christian themes. I believe that there are Black Metal band members currently in prison for burning down churches and murdering priests. That's a bit too anti-Christian. But even the sane metal bands don't like Christianity. So I guess that heathenism is pretty metal.

"The term 'Christian black metal' drew confused replies from the black metal musicians, for example Martin Walkyier of the English metal band Sabbat commented: '"Christian black metal?" What do they do? Do they build churches? Do they repair them? (laughs)'"

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
I heard of the black metal

I heard of one of the black metal guys who burned down churches. He's in jail for murder and arson and I'm not sure he's still heathen. I really don't agree with what he did because he burned down Stavkirkes, which are about a thousand years old. These stavkirkes in scandinavia are the only vestiges of what the old heathen temples looked like.


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
There has been several cases

There has been several cases of arson and murder in Norway.

However, not much to speak of if you compare to for instance "gangsta rap" in the US.

Here's Gorgoroth, which is as black as it gets:

 

 

 

 

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
blacker than the blackest

blacker than the blackest black times infinity


Jormungander
atheistScience Freak
Jormungander's picture
Posts: 938
Joined: 2008-07-15
User is offlineOffline
I love Metalocalypse. I

I love Metalocalypse. I watched an episode of it today in fact. Brendon Small is a genius at making cartoons and Metal.

"You are a GMILF. That means you are a grandmother that I'd like to f[guitar noise]."

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."
British General Charles Napier while in India


Waiting for Oblivion
Waiting for Oblivion's picture
Posts: 229
Joined: 2007-10-22
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote:I heard of one

Ciarin wrote:

I heard of one of the black metal guys who burned down churches. He's in jail for murder and arson and I'm not sure he's still heathen. I really don't agree with what he did because he burned down Stavkirkes, which are about a thousand years old. These stavkirkes in scandinavia are the only vestiges of what the old heathen temples looked like.


Ciarin
Theist
Ciarin's picture
Posts: 778
Joined: 2008-09-08
User is offlineOffline
 

 


iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
Posts: 4240
Joined: 2008-03-23
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote: that actually

Ciarin wrote:

 

that actually is a damn shame.  there are a lot of old slavic wooden churches here in eastern slovakia and if anyone started burning them down i would be really pissed off.  art is art, regardless of whether one agrees with the motivation behind it or not.  i'm a huge fan of byzantine icons as well.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson


Marquis
atheist
Marquis's picture
Posts: 776
Joined: 2009-12-23
User is offlineOffline
Ciarin wrote: blacker than

Ciarin wrote:

blacker than the blackest black times infinity

 

Those two church buildings in the picture are not related.

However, my personal favourite in this jungle of black/folk/viking/pagan/ is this:

 

 

"The idea of God is the sole wrong for which I cannot forgive mankind." (Alphonse Donatien De Sade)

http://www.kinkspace.com


Cpt_pineapple
atheist
Cpt_pineapple's picture
Posts: 5492
Joined: 2007-04-12
User is offlineOffline
(No subject)