2000 - 2010: The Last Days for Scientology?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
2000 - 2010: The Last Days for Scientology?

As I hope many people already know, John Lindstein filed a lawsuit against the Church of Scientology and David Miscavige on the 25th of November this year. A belated Happy Thanksgiving to you, Mr. Miscavige.

The document details Scientology 'business' practices that should be more or less common knowledge by now: human trafficking, child labor, imprisonment, providing abhorrent living conditions and zero compensation to their 'employees' (hereafter referred to be the only word that can give proper justice to what is done to those unfortunate enough to fall into the clutches of the 'church': slaves).

This is only the latest chiming of the alarm in recent years. In October, Clair Headley filed a suit with similar charges - though not naming Miscavige personally - and the date for her jury trial has been set for 2010.

I think 2010 ought to mark the end of the last full decade that any respectable nation continued to harbor the 'Church' of Scientology or to recognize it for anything other than what the evidence has plainly shown it to be: a front & money laundering agency for an organized criminal syndicate & pyramid scheme.

Nevermind the ridiculous occasional outbursts of Tom Cruise (a man I far more pity than anything else) or the laughable space opera fiction regarding Xenu - what Scientology does to it's members within the confines of it's 'bases' is more repulsive and malevolent than much of what Al Capone's thugs did during the prohibition era. It's been a matter of public record ever since the debacle that was Operation: Snow White that Scientology's core membership not only has no qualms about breaking the law, but also that many of it's tenets expressly demand that 'church' members engage in brutal campaigns of harassment, browbeating and other forms of coercion / intimidation ad infinitum.

That the organization has survived the death of it's founder and lives on to this day with a strong pulse is shameful. A just society cannot exist in symbiosis with such an entity.

The 'Church' of Scientology is a cancer that needs to be carved out and discarded.

David Miscavige is a psychopath that needs to be imprisoned.

Here's to 2010. I look forward to it if for no other reason than these impending court cases; if / when Mr. Miscavige is prepared a room in the iron bar motel, I'll go to my grave with a grin on my face. I imagine that the sheer scale of the Scientology enterprise will be it's Achilles Heel - it's simply impossible to dispose of the evidence that such a kingdom is constructed of.

Cheers.

If you have friends or family that were taken from you by this particular racket, here's another to hoping you'll get them back in the near future.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
While I hope you're right, I

While I hope you're right, I also doubt it. They'll simply evolve their practices.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Parallel
Parallel's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:While I hope

Vastet wrote:
While I hope you're right, I also doubt it. They'll simply evolve their practices.

Yeah, just look at Christianity.

"I do not think it is necessary to believe that the same God who has given us our senses, reason, and intelligence wished us to abandon their use, giving us by some other means the information that we could gain through them." ~Galileo Galilei

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
Kevin,Thanks for reposting

Kevin,

Thanks for reposting it here.  For onlookers, please stumble and digg Kevins post of this topic on Daily Kos:
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/12/7/811642/-20002010:-The-Decade-of-Scientologys-Annihilation

It had 28 diggs earlier, not sure what happened: http://digg.com/search?s=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailykos.com%2Fstory%2F2009%2F12%2F7%2F811642%2F-20002010%3A-The-Decade-of-Scientologys-Annihilation