Will America invade other countries again?

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline

Morality judges it immoral.
But why not, apart from its “immoral morality”?
No money?
No need?
No reason?
No courage…?
Time to rest, and prepare for invasions from others, perhaps…?
Hope not!

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
One question... Does not

One question...

Does not America have to stop before it can start "again"?

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
ProzacDeathWish's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:One question...

Vastet wrote:
One question... Does not America have to stop before it can start "again"?

No, because Americans are great at multi-tasking.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:Will America

julio wrote:

Not unless those countries have something that we want for ourselves.....we're the Vikings of the modern era.

( edit:  we are multicultural though because our newest chieftain is a black guy. )

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Good point; excuse the

Good point; excuse the ignorance. America has stopped for now because it has recently invaded a few countries that have increase the Deficit to 3 TRILLION dollars. So far, the American army has no intention of INVADING any other country, but is ready, perhaps to throw some nuclear bombs at some Middle East one. Cost of the exercise? Some few more TRILLIONS!!

Tapey
atheist
Tapey's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would laugh so hard if one

I would laugh so hard if one day America goes to war and invades a country, gets defeated and then the country they tried to attack invades america.

Whatever goes upon two legs is an enemy.
Whatever goes upon four legs, or has wings, is a friend.
No animal shall wear clothes.
No animal shall sleep in a bed.
No animal shall drink alcohol.
No animal shall kill any other animal.
All animals are equal.

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, ALL empires end down

Well, ALL empires end down that way. And the human suffering is incalculable. This new millennium, or perhaps this century will see some more of the same, how sad that is.

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:Well, ALL

julio wrote:
Well, ALL empires end down that way. And the human suffering is incalculable. This new millennium, or perhaps this century will see some more of the same, how sad that is.

Do you know how hard people have to work to produce something that they think is good, but is completely useless? And how they struggle again and again to make something better, and fail again and again? For some people this never ends and they end up working very hard at producing something worth while and insightful and good and die never reaching that goal.

You, on the other hand, put in no effort in producing basically the same result with that post. Now, you can see this in two ways, one of which is the root of all evil and the other is a brilliant way to lead your life:

1) it's incredibly smart to never try

2) you got a long road of failure ahead of you

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
ZuS wrote: 1) it's

ZuS wrote:

1) it's incredibly smart to never try

the very essence of wu-wei.

i'll take this option.

after all, the way of yao and shun can only get you so far.  the way of the yellow emperor is best.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Firstly, I really apologize

Firstly, I really apologize to all exceptions from among you, as for what I'll write.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Well, they aren't. One friend from here married an American woman. But he got divorced in 3 months, because american women do nothing. They don't cook, it's cheaper to go to restaurant. They don't clean up the place, they've got charwomen. They don't have a job, because their husband has a job. They can't fix anything, because the husband always calls someone. And so they stay all the day at the apartment. In the evening, the husband arrives hungry, but the food is nowhere. He wants to go to a restaurant, but the wife is totally bored and wants to go to discotheque and have fun....

Or, one young guy from here (16-17 years) went to America and was hanging out there with other kids. There was nothing to do, so he grabbed several planks, some nails and hammer, and he made something like a makeshift acrobatic track for bicycles. The kids had fun with that for several days, and they kept asking him, "how could you make it? Where did you study it?" Geez... For example, this week I've been to my grandma's and made her a 230 V electric plug in a distant part of the big house, and installed a second doorbell. And I've been hassled by my father for not knowing what the widia auger is. Inaptitude is not so tolerated here.

America is in serious trouble, because the population there does nothing, just wants to have fun. So it kind of gives sense that Americans must send their young men to invade other countries, kill people and get killed, so the rotting empire may keep bloating. But these times are ending. Nowadays America has a low production, people buy everything from abroad. Reputedly, 30% of the economy is owned by Japan. And they're in trouble, because they printed more dollars than toilet paper, bought a petrol for it, and so the dollar is in fact hopelessly devalued. It will not be long until this greatest public secret will become known, and then I'm curious how many of slaves can I get for a gallon of Coca Cola.

Yeah, our circle of friends again had here our favorite hour of slandering the spoilt and rotten Americans Smiling Sticking out tongue

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Firstly, I

Luminon wrote:

Firstly, I really apologize to all exceptions from among you, as for what I'll write.

ProzacDeathWish wrote:

Vastet wrote:

Well, they aren't. One friend from here married an American woman. But he got divorced i....( snip ).. people buy everything from abroad. Reputedly, 30% of the economy is owned by Japan. And they're in trouble, because they printed more dollars than toilet paper, bought a petrol for it, and so the dollar is in fact hopelessly devalued. It will not be long until this greatest public secret will become known, and then I'm curious how many of slaves can I get for a gallon of Coca Cola.

Yeah, our circle of friends again had here our favorite hour of slandering the spoilt and rotten Americans Smiling Sticking out tongue

Luminon how dare you slander the American Empire. You've gone too far. We're the greatest country in the world and we can prove it by invading your nation , enslaving your people, and exploiting your natural resources ...

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
"Well, they aren't. One

"Well, they aren't. One friend from here married an American woman. But he got divorced in 3 months, because american women do nothing. They don't cook, it's cheaper to go to restaurant. They don't clean up the place, they've got charwomen. They don't have a job, because their husband has a job. They can't fix anything, because the husband always calls someone. And so they stay all the day at the apartment. In the evening, the husband arrives hungry, but the food is nowhere. He wants to go to a restaurant, but the wife is totally bored and wants to go to discotheque and have fun...."

Now now, most women don't go through life as Peg Bundy. Plain fact is that in most cases the wife needs a job, or there isn't enough income to live on.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yawn....

America does what the U.N. Sanctions indicate.

Invasion......FFS!

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
The UN is the property of

The UN is the property of the USA! USA pays most of its debts, I believe. America will end up being invaded, too, for its unmeasured abuse of invading other nations. Man is the wolf of man, and so one man hates another man. I imagine that the USA policy is to police the entire planet from meridian 1 to 24! Some future generation will pay for this one's errors. It is very sad man is so stupid.

Ivon
atheist
Ivon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Abu Lahab wrote:America does

Abu Lahab wrote:

America does what the U.N. Sanctions indicate.

The U.N. is a puppet show. It gives the weak countries the illusion that they have a voice, but when all is said and done, might makes right. Honestly, can you remember the last time that all the bitching and moaning that comes from the U.N., has actually had any significant influence on stopping any country from doing what it wants to do?

Free your mind.

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
Luminon wrote:Firstly, I

Luminon wrote:

i think the only exception is the girl you described.  all my female friends through the years have often either lived alone or with other girls, worked at least 40 hours a week, kept their own house, did their own cooking, and often did things like changing their own oil.

while i'm always the first to heap criticism on my country, the girl you described sounds like some kind of rich daddy's girl, and these are definitely a minority in america, just like any other country.

btw, i just got through installing my own kitchen cabinets.  nobody ever showed me how to do this either.

"I have never felt comfortable around people who talk about their feelings for Jesus, or any other deity for that matter, because they are usually none too bright. . . . Or maybe 'stupid' is a better way of saying it; but I have never seen much point in getting heavy with either stupid people or Jesus freaks, just as long as they don't bother me. In a world as weird and cruel as this one we have made for ourselves, I figure anybody who can find peace and personal happiness without ripping off somebody else deserves to be left alone. They will not inherit the earth, but then neither will I. . . . And I have learned to live, as it were, with the idea that I will never find peace and happiness, either. But as long as I know there's a pretty good chance I can get my hands on either one of them every once in a while, I do the best I can between high spots."
--Hunter S. Thompson

iwbiek
atheistSuperfan
iwbiek's picture
User is offlineOffline
in fact, Luminon, i've lived

in fact, Luminon, i've lived in slovakia long enough (5 years) to draw the conclusion that, in my personal experience, young american men are handier around the house and more independent than young slovak men.  a few observations:

i worked with university students for two years.  i've visited dormitories in kosice, bratislava, and even prague.  while american men's dormitories are definitely not spotless, czech and slovak men dormitories are generally FILTHY with a capital F.  every guy i ever met openly admitted that he brought his laundrey home to his mother every weekend.  on the contrary, most american students (in kentucky, anyhow) go home about once a month and regularly do their own laundrey.  as i said, american men's dorm rooms are often dusty and occasionally a bit smelly, but in czech and slovak dorms there were many rooms which i literally had to leave as soon as i stepped inside.  the stench of pure body odor and unwashed clothing was overpowering.

second, in general slovak men and women stay home with their parents to a much older age.  while there are of course economic reasons for this, i've also found that slovaks can expect more help from their parents whenever their parents can give it, either in the form of money or resources like land, furniture, kitchen utensils, etc.  young americans are often forced by their parents to be more independent when starting out in life, with any substantial money given usually only as an inheritance.  these differences are cultural of course, but they do force young americans to be resourceful.  i'm not sure when typical czechs leave home, but it can't be much different from slovaks.

third, i now teach high school english in kosice.  at my high school in kentucky, i'd say at least half the student body had part-time jobs, with probably about 75% of seniors having them.  in the school where i teach in kosice, i'd say maximum 10% of the students have part-time jobs.  when i go to cafes or restaurants or supermarkets, most of the workers i see are at least university age, and usually much older.  this is definitely not the case in the US.

finally, i've almost never met a single slovak man of any age who can cook worth a damn.  in fact, i once asked a slovak friend of mine, a university student who is fairly intelligent, to help me out in the kitchen and boil some spaghetti.  he literally looked at me dumbfounded.  it seems in slovakia, usually either the wife or the mother cooks.  i've always done all my own cooking, and my slovak wife will openly admit i cook better than her.  even my mother-in-law says i make better gulas than her.  once again, maybe it's different in the czech republic.

--Hunter S. Thompson

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

I can cook, clean and decorate, and I am an American.

ProzacDeathWish
atheist
User is offlineOffline
  The US government should

The US government should wait until the UN building is full of international delegates and then destroy it with a tactical nuke....and after that issue a declaration of war upon the entire planet.

We're America, and we'll bring democracy to your f**king country whether you want it or not !!! 

theTwelve
TheistTroll
theTwelve's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote:Will America

julio wrote:
Will America invade other countries again? Morality judges it immoral. But why not, apart from its “immoral morality”? No money? No need? No reason? No courage…? Time to rest, and prepare for invasions from others, perhaps…? Hope not!

Why wouldn't they? Resources are continually going to be an object to war over, human history doesn't have these sort of "ends". If at some point in the future the US deems that particular entry into a war, is the best option for the sake of their own welfare, than I have little doubt that action will be taken. 

And secondly what sort of magical morality are you speaking about?

Whose morality? IS there some absolute sense of morality that claims war is wrong? Or is it just your own subjective taste preference?

Are you sure you're an atheist? perhaps you're a disoriented theist?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: I can

ClockCat wrote:

Decorating: How does about USD $50,000 of musical gear and six computers in a 450 square foot apartment work for you? Much of it is on cheap wire shelving from Target.

Cleaning: Granted that you don't find much use for women but that is one area where they come in handy.

Cooking: Well, the heir apparent to the throne of Sicily says that I am an honorary Guido for my Italian dishes. Also, I make delicate pastry using only my palm and visual clues. Seriously, I make every cuisine that I have looked at from basic ingredients.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

julio
atheist
julio's picture
User is offlineOffline
It has to be the morality of

It has to be the morality of the golden rule, which tells you not to put my house on fire for the moral value to keep yours intact!
War respects no morals, but as soon as it ends, the winner wants the golden rule applied again.
Man is the wolf of man, and when moral fails one of them has to be downed.
You are a moral being right now: if your house catches fire while you go shopping, you EXPECT your neighbour to phone the fire people!

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:I

julio wrote:
It has to be the morality of the golden rule, which tells you not to put my house on fire for the moral value to keep yours intact! War respects no morals, but as soon as it ends, the winner wants the golden rule applied again. Man is the wolf of man, and when moral fails one of them has to be downed. You are a moral being right now: if your house catches fire while you go shopping, you EXPECT your neighbour to phone the fire people!

I don't. I expect to find them trying to cook things from the flame, or maybe throwing things on top of it to watch it burn.

I come home half the time to find the dumpster next to where I live being set on fire, and about 30-40 frat people with beer that caused it standing around in amazement like they have never seen fire before.

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

theTwelve
TheistTroll
theTwelve's picture
User is offlineOffline
julio wrote: War respects

julio wrote:
 War respects no morals, but as soon as it ends, the winner wants the golden rule applied again. Man is the wolf of man, and when moral fails one of them has to be downed. You are a moral being right now: if your house catches fire while you go shopping, you EXPECT your neighbor to phone the fire people!

Well, since I live in a row home, I do expect my neighbor to phone the fire people, because or else his house would get burned down too. But regardless, this is a sort of cheap moralism, phoning the police is an easy sort of thing to do, because it involves little to nothing off of the skin of ones back.

Bill is in debt right now, and needs to pay a few thousand dollars in loans or have his credit ruined, he would love it if someone out of the kindness of their heart offered to pay his debts for him, are you a taker?

There is a poor child in Somalia somewhere in the midst of dying of starvation, he would love it, if you sold your television and used the money to feed him and children much like him, are you a taker?

War, is something we do for the sustainability of our lives, if necessary resources are in control by individuals hostile to us, there a good chance they are bound to be our enemy, and are near to going to war with. Sure my expect my neighbor to phone the fire department if my house was on fire, but it didn't surprise me when one of my "neighbors" stole the BBQ girl my mother accidental left out on the porch. I'd wager the thieving neighbor wasn't a rich man

You're problem julio, is that your have a religious sort of romanticism about morals, because you continually speak of them as some sort of outside agent, while from an atheistic view they are just gratifications, and one of many forms of them.

Some people find violence rather gratifying and alluring, they'd fight another person, for the sheer sport of it, and find it far more gratifying than doing some of the moral things u might find so alluring.

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
To be precise, the

To be precise, the slandering session of American character was meant to be as objective as possible. This means, we compared not only Americans, but also our American relatives. They also did pretty much nothing when they visited us, only a visit of local church stirred them up a little. 

iwbiek wrote:

in fact, Luminon, i've lived in slovakia long enough (5 years) to draw the conclusion that, in my personal experience, young american men are handier around the house and more independent than young slovak men.  a few observations:

i worked with university students for two years.  i've visited dormitories in kosice, bratislava, and even prague.  while american men's dormitories are definitely not spotless, czech and slovak men dormitories are generally FILTHY with a capital F.  every guy i ever met openly admitted that he brought his laundrey home to his mother every weekend.  on the contrary, most american students (in kentucky, anyhow) go home about once a month and regularly do their own laundrey.  as i said, american men's dorm rooms are often dusty and occasionally a bit smelly, but in czech and slovak dorms there were many rooms which i literally had to leave as soon as i stepped inside.  the stench of pure body odor and unwashed clothing was overpowering.

Yes, some students are pigs. I can't judge much here, because I don't make friends among such a people easily, but college toilets, kitchens and corridors were sometimes quite a biohazard.

iwbiek wrote:
second, in general slovak men and women stay home with their parents to a much older age.  while there are of course economic reasons for this, i've also found that slovaks can expect more help from their parents whenever their parents can give it, either in the form of money or resources like land, furniture, kitchen utensils, etc.  young americans are often forced by their parents to be more independent when starting out in life, with any substantial money given usually only as an inheritance.  these differences are cultural of course, but they do force young americans to be resourceful.  i'm not sure when typical czechs leave home, but it can't be much different from slovaks.
I believe this is because Americans have more opportunities. Eh, didn't I mention it? Envy is a Czech national sport Smiling Here, apartments are really diffcult to get and one has to be almost a millionaire to have a decent living. The world is a big, mean and expensive place, the source of foreign invaders. In my region for example, family never relocates far away for like 100 years, even though they live in the middle of nowhere. Most of people hardly relocates more than once per lifetime. When they do, they take everything from the place, including lightbulbs.

iwbiek wrote:
third, i now teach high school english in kosice.  at my high school in kentucky, i'd say at least half the student body had part-time jobs, with probably about 75% of seniors having them.  in the school where i teach in kosice, i'd say maximum 10% of the students have part-time jobs.  when i go to cafes or restaurants or supermarkets, most of the workers i see are at least university age, and usually much older.  this is definitely not the case in the US.
Yes, this is something very significant for our lands, part-time jobs are very diffcult to get. I never managed to find one. Usually people need help when they build a house or something, but a regular, long-termed part-time jobs are rarities. Employers usually want an university degree person with several years of practice, no matter what the job is. This is why I find some American films and serials fascinating, kids there have part-time jobs, cars, and time to do a plenty of things during school breaks. We have no jobs, no cars, and school breaks are spent behind a cigarette.

iwbiek wrote:
  finally, i've almost never met a single slovak man of any age who can cook worth a damn.  in fact, i once asked a slovak friend of mine, a university student who is fairly intelligent, to help me out in the kitchen and boil some spaghetti.  he literally looked at me dumbfounded.  it seems in slovakia, usually either the wife or the mother cooks.  i've always done all my own cooking, and my slovak wife will openly admit i cook better than her.  even my mother-in-law says i make better gulas than her.  once again, maybe it's different in the czech republic.
This is I believe different in Czech Republic. When I was on a college almost 2 years ago, I shared a room with two Slovaks. I cooked a lot but they often brought jars of food from home, and also usually returned there on weekends, though they had it much farther than me.

Beings who deserve worship don't demand it. Beings who demand worship don't deserve it.

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:"Well, they

Vastet wrote:
"Well, they aren't. One friend from here married an American woman. But he got divorced in 3 months, because american women do nothing. They don't cook, it's cheaper to go to restaurant. They don't clean up the place, they've got charwomen. They don't have a job, because their husband has a job. They can't fix anything, because the husband always calls someone.

Maybe this is why the Taliban fight so hard to keep US from 'liberating' their women.

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote: I can cook,

ClockCat wrote:

I'm gay!  ...and Canadian.  I can do all that and eat bag of ketchup chips and then some!

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
D:

Thomathy wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

I'm gay!  ...and Canadian.  I can do all that and eat bag of ketchup chips and then some!

...ketchup chips? D:

What is the meaning of this?

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

Canada is lacking morels though isn't it? I like fresh ingredients for my food...

I may try ketchup though next time I decide to make potato chips. Just to see. 

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
I don't recommend it. 

I don't recommend it.

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:o!

Thomathy wrote:

I don't recommend it.

...So it was a trick!

Luminon
SuperfanTheist
Luminon's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thomathy wrote:ClockCat

Thomathy wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

It would never came to my mind to underestimate Canadians! Local word for a practical joke says literally "Canadian joke."