Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Splitting up? Protect your fish!

Goldfish ends up as food after fight over jewelry
By CAROL CHRISTIAN
Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle Sept. 29, 2009, 6:47PM

A Pasadena woman angered when her former common-law husband took back jewelry he'd given her returned the gesture, police said, taking goldfish from his apartment —  then ate them.The two had argued over jewelry he had given her but then took back, Pasadena Police Department spokesman Vance Mitchell said. When the man refused to return the jewelry, she took seven goldfish from his west Pasadena home in the 1100 block of Queens Road to her apartment, Mitchell said. The man called police.Officers went to the woman's home to see if they could retrieve the fish.“She said, ‘They're in there,' and pointed to the kitchen,” Mitchell said.Finding a plate with four fried fish, officers asked where the others were. The woman answered, “I already ate those,” Mitchell said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6643688.html

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Totally unrelated, except

Totally unrelated, except for the  goldfish part, and nowhere near as vicious.......

I was dating my x-wife at the time and we went up to DC,  a 4 hour trip from where I was living at the time. Anywho, I had a goldfish I entrusted to my neighbor to take care of while we went on this trip.

When we came back a couple days later. I got a knock on the door. The lady was distraught and felt bad, and handed me the bowl and FLOATING FISH, explaining that she didn't know what had happened.

She felt so bad.

I get it, a pet is a pet and I understood her guilt, although completely not needed. But it was sweet and comforting that she cared.

But in this OP story, this explains the danger of the human's inability to contain their emotions. She only stopped at goldfish. Far too many people resort to far worse when reality doesn't match up with their utopias.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog