Greetings

NoID10ts
atheist
NoID10ts's picture
User is offlineOffline
Greetings

Hello, I'm new here and thought I should introduce myself.

I am a born again abortion who, after spending 20 years of my life as a deeply committed Christian, walked away from the faith a little over a year ago. I am (was?) a licensed and ordained minister in Texas, I have a BA in Biblical Studies and I obtained 70 hours towards a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary before deciding it was all bullshit.

I am married and have 3 kids and almost everyone I know in my life is Jesusified. It's a lonely existence for me, not all of them are aware of what I now think, but I am tired of pretending and seek to be more vocal about my atheism. My wife knows and I recently made my pastor aware of it to. I still go to church to keep the peace with the family, but all it does is fuel the atheist fire within me.

My loved ones who know about this think I will come back to God, but I don't see that happening outside of some severe brain trauma.

Anyway, I'm enjoying many of the discussions I see here.

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Wait, so you were

NoID10ts wrote:

I am a born again abortion

So you were once aborted?

Wait wut?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
^ lol. Welcome! I'm not

^ lol.

Welcome! I'm not sure we have anyone as close to having held such a lofty position in the church as you, but there's certainly a lot of people in similar family predicaments. I hope for the best, and enjoy your time here! Smiling

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

cervello_marcio
Superfan
cervello_marcio's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:NoID10ts

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

NoID10ts wrote:

I am a born again abortion

So you were once aborted?

Wait wut?

he was a born-again xtian but now that he's left the faith his rebirth has been aborted. 

"Do not, as some ungracious pastors do, show me the steep and thorny way to heaven. Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine, himself the primrose path of dalliance treads. And recks not his own rede."

Abu Lahab
Superfan
Abu Lahab's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome and congratulations!

Welcome and congratulations!

NoID10ts
atheist
NoID10ts's picture
User is offlineOffline
Thanks for the welcomes. I

Thanks for the welcomes. I probably should have mentioned that I have a very twisted sense of humor. The church wasn't able to indoctrinate that out of me.

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoID10ts

Welcome on board, that avatar of yours tells me you have a twisted sense of humor,  I love that in a pervert.

Have you ever heard of the Atheist experience of Austin?

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

NoID10ts
atheist
NoID10ts's picture
User is offlineOffline
Jeffrick wrote:    

Jeffrick wrote:

Welcome on board, that avatar of yours tells me you have a twisted sense of humor,  I love that in a pervert.

Have you ever heard of the Atheist experience of Austin?

Ah, yes the avatar. I love Photoshop! I also created Jesus advertisements for Jack Daniels, Trojan, and the "Legalize it" campaign, but I can't seem to upload photos from my hard drive.

I've been to the Atheist Experience website and watched some of the videos which I really enjoyed, but I haven't spent a great deal of time there yet.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, I use any of the free

Well, I use any of the free image hosting sites and then link them here.  For example, here is one that I have on photobucket (quote the post to see hoe I do it):

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

NoID10ts
atheist
NoID10ts's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hadn't thought of linking

I hadn't thought of linking photobucket images. These should pave my way straight to hell if there should be such a thing.

(Sorry to the easily offended, I mean no harm............ well ..........maybe a little harm) 

butterbattle
ModeratorSuperfan
butterbattle's picture
User is offlineOffline
Welcome to the

Welcome to the forum!

Wow.....those pictures are really offensive. I think I would be offended if was Christian, but I'm not, ha! 

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, | As I foretold you, were all spirits, and | Are melted into air, into thin air; | And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, | The cloud-capped towers, the gorgeous palaces, | The solemn temples, the great globe itself, - Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve, | And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, | Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff | As dreams are made on, and our little life | Is rounded with a sleep. - Shakespeare

NoID10ts
atheist
NoID10ts's picture
User is offlineOffline
I never can tell where the

I never can tell where the line is or when I've crossed it. But every Christian I know insists that Jesus had a bitchin' sense of humor so I don't think he would mind and therefore, neither should they.

I would do some with the prophet Muhammad, but I don't want to end up having my head cut off with a rusty machete by some guy in a hood chanting "allahu ackbar".

Stosis
User is offlineOffline
Welcome, I think your

Welcome, I think your pictures are bitchin' and offensive. Keep up the good work, offending christians is half the job of an atheist But seriously the great thing about the internet is that no one knows who you are. So you can troll as many theist as you want ;D

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoID10ts wrote:I never can

NoID10ts wrote:

I never can tell where the line is or when I've crossed it.

Then you are not trying hard enough.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoID10ts wrote:Hello, I'm

NoID10ts wrote:

Hello, I'm new here and thought I should introduce myself.

I am a born again abortion who, after spending 20 years of my life as a deeply committed Christian, walked away from the faith a little over a year ago. I am (was?) a licensed and ordained minister in Texas, I have a BA in Biblical Studies and I obtained 70 hours towards a Masters of Divinity from Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary before deciding it was all bullshit.

Wow. That's a tough road. Sorry to hear that you got so deep first.

NoID10ts wrote:
I am married and have 3 kids and almost everyone I know in my life is Jesusified. It's a lonely existence for me, not all of them are aware of what I now think, but I am tired of pretending and seek to be more vocal about my atheism. My wife knows and I recently made my pastor aware of it to. I still go to church to keep the peace with the family, but all it does is fuel the atheist fire within me.

There's a difference between truth and social expedience. The latter often makes for an easier life. Personally, I don't bring up being atheist, because I'd rather just relax most of the time. It takes a fairly insistent theist to get me in an argumentative mood (when the context isn't an atheist event). I'm just saying I imagine you're doing the neighborly thing, and I can't see anything wrong with that.

NoID10ts wrote:
My loved ones who know about this think I will come back to God, but I don't see that happening outside of some severe brain trauma.

I don't wish either on you.

NoID10ts wrote:
Anyway, I'm enjoying many of the discussions I see here.

Excellent! And welcome. I hope you have fun.

If you remember any of your apologetics, let me know. Always good for a laugh, having a debate. If you want, I'll go toe-to-toe arguing the God side (which I find hilarious). Nigel's not bad at it, either, apparently.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoID10ts wrote:These should

NoID10ts wrote:

These should pave my way straight to hell if there should be such a thing.

One more reason to not believe in hell would be if there were someone who decided to send you there because of photoshopped images. Yeah, that's worth eternal hellfire.

That would mean that St. Peter would have to have a policy set up the same as the idiots who decided that people carrying nail clippers on planes are dangerous.

Pilot: Ah! He got me with the nail clippers! Ow! That ripped my shirt! What the hell is wrong with you? I just ironed that!

Terrorist: I'm taking this plane hostage!

Co-pilot: Dude, a pencil is scarier than that shit.

Terrorist: I also have a pencil!

Co-pilot: What an idio--

Pilot: You just bought a one-way ticket to an ass-whuppin', dickhead.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
NoID10ts wrote:I never can

NoID10ts wrote:

I never can tell where the line is or when I've crossed it. But every Christian I know insists that Jesus had a bitchin' sense of humor so I don't think he would mind and therefore, neither should they.

I would do some with the prophet Muhammad, but I don't want to end up having my head cut off with a rusty machete by some guy in a hood chanting "allahu ackbar".

You can credit them to me if you want. I'd enjoy stomping on a few idiots in the name of self defense. I just suck too much at drawing persons to be able to do it myself. lol.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.