Al Qaeda leader surrenders in Algeria

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Al Qaeda leader surrenders in Algeria

http://www.adnkronos.com/AKI/English/Security/?id=1.0.1165333710

Yup

Say didn't a certain some one say that Al Qaeda should surrender if I'm right. Oh my

Quote:

Algiers, 1 August (AKI) - Al-Qaeda in the Mahgreb's purported second in command, Abdel Qader Bin Masud - known as Musab Abu Dawd - has surrendered to Algerian authorities.

According to Algerian media reports on Wednesday, the former leader of the Algerian Salafite Group for Preaching Combat (ASGPC) in the southern Sahara, is until now the most important al-Qaeda representative in the hands of authorities.

He is apparently taking advantage of the charter for national reconciliation that offers clemency for terrorists that renounce armed conflict.

After he surrendered, Masud reportedly provided police with details of the internal operations of al-Qaeda which has been wracked by internal conflict over the decision to transform the Salafite group into a local cell of Osama Bin Laden's network.

The greatest conflict occurred between the leader of the group Abu Masab Abdel Wudud and the emir of ASGPC in the region, Mukhtar Belmokhtar.

Some observers believed he would have been the number one candidate to lead the group after the death of Nabil Sahrawi in 2004.

Belmokhtar, who allegedly maintained contact with al-Qaeda's international network, had different ideas on how to advance Jihadi operations in Algeria.

According to the revelations of Abu Dawd, the group's leader Abu Musab Abdel Wudud decided independently to shift the group closer to al-Qaeda, counting on the support of the three other leaders and violating the group's statutes that called for a direct vote.

Belmokhtar, who helped found al-Qaeda cells in Mauritania, Nigeria and Mali, is in fear of his life.

Among Algerian terrorists, Belmokhtar was deemed the most appropriate person to succeed Sahrawi with a Jihadi background more respected than the actual leader.

Abdel Wudud has also been accused of using money from the terrorist organisation for personal ends.

Speculation is rife in Algeria that Belmokhtar and other members of al-Qaeda may also abandon armed struggle.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 I haven't been following

I haven't been following your predictions on this matter.  What are you right about?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: I

Hambydammit wrote:

I haven't been following your predictions on this matter.  What are you right about?

Actually it wasn't me that predicited it.

Personally, I don't think this proves anything, but I couldn't help but rub it in Kevin's face

Basically he threw out this random "falsification" that if Bloom, Atran and Pape are right, then Al Qaeda should surrender due to twindling support. [He reference Pakistan]

I explained that it was a straw-man and non-sequiter.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Ah.  Gotcha.   Thanks. 

Ah.  Gotcha.   Thanks.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Cpt_pineapple wrote:Abdel

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

Abdel Wudud has also been accused of using money from the terrorist organisation for personal ends.

.... well... shit?

Could this even be called a "surrender" under the circumstances?

What Would Kharn Do?

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
OK, so there is this

OK, so there is this guy in Algeria who is probably a terrorist. Taking that much at face value, he claims to know someone who may or may not know someone who claims to know stuff about AlQuaida. Whether the third guy really does know anything or not is uncertain because we have no clue who he is but even so, we have no idea how strong (or weak) his connection to AlQuaida may be.

In the mean time, the actual leaders of AlQuaida are probably lurking in caves like 6500 km away.

The point to this thread being?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

ClockCat
ClockCat's picture
User is offlineOffline
:3

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

.... well... shit?

Yes donate to support..my new car and bigscreen TV!

Theism is why we can't have nice things.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
ClockCat wrote:The Doomed

ClockCat wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

.... well... shit?

No no, i mean, He was accused by Al Queda, about using organisation funds to personal ends... and now he wants to surrender?

What the US or UN would do to him, is far more lenient then what a terrorist organization would do if you scammed them

What Would Kharn Do?

Boon Docks
User is offlineOffline
Conversation

For the sake of argument, all I can offer is polite conversation.   And a smiley!

ZuS
atheist
ZuS's picture
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

ClockCat wrote:

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Cpt_pineapple wrote:

.... well... shit?

No no, i mean, He was accused by Al Queda, about using organisation funds to personal ends... and now he wants to surrender?

What the US or UN would do to him, is far more lenient then what a terrorist organization would do if you scammed them

Don't bet on that: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convoy_of_death

Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with confidence.

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
I still want to know

I still want to know what the point of this thread is...

Has Osama bin Laden surrendered to US forces? Is he accepting the penalty for what he did?

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=