What was God thinking when he made our mouths?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
What was God thinking when he made our mouths?

Teeth are pretty important structures for us. Without a good set of teeth it's pretty difficult to eat properly, and if you aren't eating properly you run into some pretty serious health issues.

So why did god give us such shitty teeth? We only get one permanent set, and it actually grows-in with a few too many members to fit within your jaw. Outside of what options a person now has through medical science, if your teeth wear down, you're pretty much screwed. Shark teeth constantly replace themselves; why the heck can't ours (question directed at theists. Biologists, please resist the urge to offer a scientfic explanation. Sticking out tongue )?

If God created man in his imagedid God suffer from dental issues of some sort? Why does it look like he screwed this one up so badly? 

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Kevin mah boy... one of

Kevin mah boy... one of these days, ima gonna have ta buy you a toothless hooker...

Cpt_pineapple
atheist
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Biologists, please resist the urge to offer a scientfic explanation.

That would be my explanation.

I never understood the whole "imperfections of humans" atheist argument.  God isn't a clay maker

[For the record, I wore braces. I also wear glasses.]

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Gawd wants to teach us

Gawd wants to teach us that the sins of the flesh are fleeting in comparison to the wonders of heaven, so he takes away everything we like as we age.  Our teeth rot, our dicks stop getting hard, our senses of smell, sight, and hearing fade.

It's all to prove to us how awesome Gawd is for letting us go to heaven.  If we hadn't suffered a bit, we'd get to heaven and think... "Is this all there is?"

How's that, KB?  Non-biological answer, to be sure.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

EXC
atheist
EXC's picture
User is offlineOffline
Poor dental health is caused

Poor dental health is caused by not from not following God's plan.

Dental researcher have studied why some people develop cavities that often follow better oral hygene that others. They've found that people born naturally(vaginally) have better bacteria in their mouths than those born cesarean. People pick up good dental bacteria from being born God's way.

http://www.theforumlounge.com/childs-cavity-risk-t4379.html?s=7303121305dec50b73c5cbf226a180d6&

So giving women oral sex = Fewer cavities?

Taxation is the price we pay for failing to build a civilized society. The higher the tax level, the greater the failure. A centrally planned totalitarian state represents a complete defeat for the civilized world, while a totally voluntary society represents its ultimate success. --Mark Skousen

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
The Doomed Soul

The Doomed Soul wrote:

Kevin mah boy... one of these days, ima gonna have ta buy you a toothless hooker...

This time, you took my line, DS.