I will see her
On the 4th
In the colors
We all share

Still alive
In us all
Neda's voice
Will never fall

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

manofmanynames (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:Still aliveIn

Brian37 wrote:

Still alive
In us all
Neda's voice
Will never fall

Please show me evidence of this Neda living inside of me? I want to see scientific test and analysis for Neda living inside all of us. 

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
I heard that more people

I heard that more people write poetry than read it.

manofmanynames (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:I heard that

Gauche wrote:

That doesn't deter Brian, he likes the sound of his own voice, and the feeling of believing a slew of internet seekers come across his poetry here and have their lives changed and inspired by it so much so that they can barely put into words a response of "awe". 

Give it up Brain, though others here may be too "nice" to tell you the truth, I'm not. You're poetry sucks balls, stick with your day job. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Gauche

manofmanynames wrote:

Gauche wrote:

That doesn't deter Brian, he likes the sound of his own voice, and the feeling of believing a slew of internet seekers come across his poetry here and have their lives changed and inspired by it so much so that they can barely put into words a response of "awe". 

Give it up Brain, though others here may be too "nice" to tell you the truth, I'm not. You're poetry sucks balls, stick with your day job. 

Pay me to care and I will. No one put a gun to your head and told you to respond to it.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, in my estimation

Well, in my estimation Brian's poetry sucks too.

BUT

It is art. The fact is that there is no accounting for art. A hundred years from now, he could possibly be considered the voice of our time. I really hope not but that is not my call to make.

Consider the history of rock music. When it started, it was considered by it's detractors to be bad. Today, it happens to be a multi-billion dollar industry. Go figure.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Answers in Gene Simmons

Answers in Gene Simmons wrote:

Well, in my estimation Brian's poetry sucks too.

BUT

It is art. The fact is that there is no accounting for art. A hundred years from now, he could possibly be considered the voice of our time. I really hope not but that is not my call to make.

Consider the history of rock music. When it started, it was considered by it's detractors to be bad. Today, it happens to be a multi-billion dollar industry. Go figure.

I put it out there, people take it or leave it.

But what makes me laugh and cry, with such a serious topic, is that the critic is more worried about me and a meager poem, than they are the poor woman shot to death by a tyrant.

I am voicing my anger at this event in this way. If anyone is angry about this, say something. At least I am doing something other than missing the point.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
Isn't it bad enough that a

Isn't it bad enough that a woman was shot?

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
manofmanynames wrote:Gauche

manofmanynames wrote:

Gauche wrote:

Nice is what politically correct people expect. If I were to cry over every detractor, I'd be swallowing your cum. Fortunately I dont give a shit.

Gauche
atheist
Gauche's picture
User is offlineOffline
In retrospect I realize that

In retrospect I realize that my comment might be misinterpreted. I didn't mean it's bad enough that a woman was killed, so why write poems about it. I was asking what you want to use this woman's death as provocation for exactly. Attacking Iran? So, you see a woman get shot on youtube and you say "that's unacceptable. Now, let's go blow up a whole city full of women. Just don't show it to me."

There are twists of time and space, of vision and reality, which only a dreamer can divine
H.P. Lovecraft

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
To fail with words except in

To fail with words except in verse

To place poetry for others to curse

This little one is meant to be terse

If I were to write a poem of thee

it is to show you a picture of me

and fuck off if its message you do not see

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Gauche wrote:In retrospect I

Gauche wrote:

In retrospect I realize that my comment might be misinterpreted. I didn't mean it's bad enough that a woman was killed, so why write poems about it. I was asking what you want to use this woman's death as provocation for exactly. Attacking Iran? So, you see a woman get shot on youtube and you say "that's unacceptable. Now, let's go blow up a whole city full of women. Just don't show it to me."

Quote:
I was asking what you want to use this woman's death as provocation for exactly. Attacking Iran?

No, not at all. There is the emotional side of me that wants to personally beat the living shit out of the "Supreme Leader". The poem is merely my emotional feeling to the event. Pragmatically, I think the U.S. has for far too long stuck its nose into far to much.

It was merely a poem in honor of her courage and bravery against a dictator.