Darwinius masillae

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
digitalbeachbum's picture
User is offlineOffline
Darwinius masillae

The History channel is supposed to be airing a special on this find which was, as of yesterday, released to the public on a grand scale.

The Darwinius masilla   is supposed to be a distant realtive of humans, labeled as a "aunt" compared to humans rather than a father or mother.

Show premeries May 25th at 9pm.

More info at the History Channel, http://www.history.com/content/the-link

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
That's excellent. Of course,

That's excellent. Of course, it won't be enough for creationists, but for the non-insane among us, it's an amazing find.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
HisWillness wrote:That's

HisWillness wrote:

That's excellent. Of course, it won't be enough for creationists, but for the non-insane among us, it's an amazing find.

Believe it or not I've already been told that "God" put those 46 million year old bones there to test our faith. Those people who believe that they are real and support evolution won't be allowed in to heaven.

Guess I'm going to hell then...

digitalbeachbum
atheistRational VIP!
User is offlineOffline
Well, I was sadly

Well, I was sadly disappointed by the show. I ended up recording it, thankfully, and skipping over all the repetitive BS. The show could have been condensed in to a one hour show, but instead they filled it with fluff.

I wasn't too impressed by the fossil either. I know it is an important fossil, but it isn't as grand as I thought it was going to be. My guess is that THC wanted to pump it up and get good ratings/for profit.

This is twice I've found THC putting out horrible documentaries for profit. The first one was The Exodus Decoded which was so laughable that I ended up watching the entire show for the comic value only.

Neither documentary was produced by THC I should add.

Infidelsgonewild
Infidelsgonewild's picture
User is offlineOffline
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri20shBEsls&feature=channel_page

Use the link in the subject box. Interesting stuff.