Blogged to death

Anonymous
User is offlineOffline
Blogged to death

Help!

Unlike years ago, Forums have changed and it's killin' me.

Perhaps with the advent of blogging virtually everyone posts enourmous blogs to start a thead EVERYWHERE on the Net.

It's killin' me! To get through an average topic these days ANYWHERE is often impossible. Not only do many have a post date from the 17th century, but there are 400 pages to read.

Ok, I'm exaggerating, but "alls" I want is to read a topic post shorter than "War and Peace". Just a desire for a LITTLE diversion from "life".

It's tough all-around. I can't win. Do I resnd to the post from 4 years ago, or the
one on page 236?

(Even this goddamn rant was too long.) Oye.

It's not senility or A.D.D., .. or is it!

Yeah, it's a setup for flames... go ahead have fun!

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
No flame war yet...

No flame war yet...

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Not gonna be warring anyone.

Not gonna be warring anyone.

Bulldog
Superfan
Bulldog's picture
User is offlineOffline
You understand, don't you,

You understand, don't you, that most of us here are frustrated writers.  It can be tough getting published out there.  Why, I've been trying for 5 years to get my 4,813 page "History of the World In a Nutshell" published.  It's a fascinating read, I just don't understand.

"Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society." Thomas Jefferson
www.myspace.com/kenhill5150

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Alls I want is for folks to

Alls I want is for folks to keep it short and sweet, so I don't get distracted and miss the dick enlargement commercials on TV.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:Alls I want is

treat2 wrote:
Alls I want is for folks to keep it short and sweet, so I don't get distracted and miss the dick enlargement commercials on TV.

Soz. Just wanna see if I can get to loose 50 points by quoting myself.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Ok. I'm going blind. Just

Ok. I'm going blind. Just shoot me now.

Where the hell are the tiny threads and posts for 2 year olds?

If I read one more Greek Epic, I'm gonna stick my head in a microwave.

Am I the only one suffering from blog induced brain injury?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
It's better than

It's better than "newspeak".

Damn this is a good book, and I've just read the appendix and the first 4 pages.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:It's better

Vastet wrote:

Damn this is a good book, and I've just read the appendix and the first 4 pages.

Doublespeak, or "newspeak" has an insidious purpose. I don't need to explain it, as Orwell did a fine job by uniquely coining the term "Doublespeak" to mead something quite specific.

I'm just bitchin' about spending half my day reading a thread post.

Is that Ok by you?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:Vastet

treat2 wrote:
Vastet wrote:

Doublespeak, or "newspeak" has an insidious purpose. I don't need to explain it, as Orwell did a fine job by uniquely coining the term "Doublespeak" to mead something quite specific. I'm just bitchin' about spending half my day reading a thread post. Is that Ok by you?

You can bitch about whatever you want to bitch about. But I like writing walls of text. Sticking out tongue

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
That's fine. Don't expect me

That's fine. Don't expect me and plenty of other folks to spend a day reading the shit.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:That's fine.

treat2 wrote:
That's fine. Don't expect me and plenty of other folks to spend a day reading the shit.
tl;dr

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Ok.

Ok.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
Incidentally, my posting

Incidentally, my posting habits have not changed much since I started going online in 97(or thereabouts). The only real differences were that smileys didn't exist yet, and there was still people who didn't know what lol meant.

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
Blog, blog, blog...

Blog, blog, blog...