Yutube and audio only.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Yutube and audio only.

If anyone has any suggestions. If anyone knows how to buypass the 10min video limit, and put up an hour of audio only, please check out my link, and give me some advice if you have it.

I did switch to the "director" mode which was suggested to do.

I do have someone that can translate mp3s into mp4s, BUT, he cant get the audio past 10mins.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Brianrrs37&ytsession=aQPOiszbGCBPqW7t46rgwFkbH0AkLIjBThqrl-dt8KRob7LKGnVkk2B3BDHlUVR3Qjlt7H8bC...

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Why cant I edit my original

Why cant I edit my original post?

In any case, if anyone knows how to fix this problem so I can upload an hour's worth of audio to that link, that would be great.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I have no idea what the

I have no idea what the whole ten minute thing is based on. I know it's fairly recent, because I used to be able to watch longer segments not all that long ago, and in fact there are still a few vids that can be found to exceed the limit, but there's not a lot of them.

Best I can really do is offer an alternative to youtube. I've found rutube to be very useful recently, if you can get past the language barrier, and I know it has vids that surpass ten minutes, though I'm not sure if they'd go as far as an hour. You could also try asking management to host it here for you.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

TomJ
atheist
TomJ's picture
User is offlineOffline
Here's some info

Here's the Youtube blog that announced the limits:

http://www.youtube.com/blog?entry=oorjVv_HDVs

The 10 minute limit has been in place since May 2006.  They put it in place to prevent people from uploading entire episodes of TV shows and movies.  Certain Youtube subscribers (those with director accounts apparently) who had YouTube accounts before the new 10 minute limit can still upload long videos.  The only way to get an account to post long videos is to get a partner account.

http://www.youtube.com/partners

However, the requirements to be a partner are rather stringent.  You need to have a fairly popular channel.

Hope this helps.  Youtube is apparently a victum of its own success and that's why they have this rather dumb limit on video lengths.

*edited for grammar*

Remember how you figured out there is no Santa? Well, their god is just like Santa. They just haven’t figured out he’s not real yet.

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
crap, there goes that

crap, there goes that idea.

Is there anywhere I can post, for free, an hour of audio and replace it every week? Anyone have any ideas?