Get OVER It, Already!

spirale2
User is offlineOffline
Get OVER It, Already!

To everyone who's bent out of shape about the posts of Spirale2:

GET OVER IT!

Have y'all forgotten what materialism/naturalism taught us? "Spirale2" is just a label for some bunch of subatomic particles that's just following the universes physical laws blindly. Just like a rock that falls on your foot. Whaddaya think----those particles got free will or something?

If their trajectory bothers you, that's only because your expectations didn’t square with physical reality. Get used to it!. Don’t act like a bunch of theists, and go inventing nonexistent entities over it.

Sheesh, guys, get a grip.

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
Drama queen?

Drama queen?

Magus
High Level DonorModerator
Magus's picture
User is offlineOffline
spirale2 wrote:To everyone

spirale2 wrote:

GET OVER IT!

Have y'all forgotten what materialism/naturalism taught us? "Spirale2" is just a label for some bunch of subatomic particles that's just following the universes physical laws blindly. Just like a rock that falls on your foot. Whaddaya think----those particles got free will or something?

Being made of "subatomic particles" doesn't make us any less human.  Like knowing water is actually H2O makes it any less water.

spirale2 wrote:

If their trajectory bothers you, that's only because your expectations didn’t square with physical reality. Get used to it!. Don’t act like a bunch of theists, and go inventing nonexistent entities over it.

Physical reality? Do you know of any other?

Sounds made up...
Agnostic Atheist
No, I am not angry at your imaginary friends or enemies.

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline

spirale2 wrote:

GET OVER IT!

Who's bent out of shape? I don't even remember anything you've written.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Who's bent out of

Quote:
Who's bent out of shape?

...If I say that I am, will a girl come and straighten me out?

Sticking out tongue

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
Who's bent out of shape?

Sticking out tongue

Kev, I think I speak for everyone when I say ... it's time for you to hang out with sluts.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Quote:
Who's bent out of shape?

Sticking out tongue

No woman could ever make you staight Kev...

ZING!

What Would Kharn Do?

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline

spirale2 wrote:

GET OVER IT!

Self ownage example #4?

I delved into my new PS3 over the weekend, so I wasn't able to keep the running tally. I think the last one was #3, but I might be wrong.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

Nordmann
atheist
Nordmann's picture
User is offlineOffline
To everyone who's bent out

To everyone who's bent out of shape about the posts of Nordmann:

I APOLOGIZE!

I'd quite forgotten what naturism taught me. "Nordmann" is just a label for some bunch of subatomic particles that's just following his willy blindly. Just before the rock fell on it, that is. Whaddaya think----those particles can get another free willy or something?

If it's my trajectory which bothered you, that's only because your expectations didn’t square with the physical reality of the number of beers I'd had to drink first. Get used to it!. Don’t act like a bunch of teetotallers, and go inventing bile-resistant enemas over it.

Sheesh, guys, get a grip. Just not quite there, thanks!

I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

SSBBJunky
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Vastet wrote:I delved into

Vastet wrote:

I delved into my new PS3 over the weekend, so I wasn't able to keep the running tally. I think the last one was #3, but I might be wrong.

What consoles did you have before that? Do you have an Xbox 360 ?

''Black Holes result from God dividing the universe by zero.''

treat2 (not verified)
User is offlineOffline
No. I can't get over any of

No. I can't get over any of it. I'm personally hurt and offended by all of it.

BTW. What's a spirale2?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
treat2 wrote:No. I can't get

treat2 wrote:
No. I can't get over any of it. I'm personally hurt and offended by all of it. BTW. What's a spirale2?

What's a spirale1 for that matter. And you're not just hurt, you're butt hurt.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

daedalus
daedalus's picture
User is offlineOffline

spirale2 wrote:

GET OVER IT!

we can't, we are also a collection of subatomic particles that are just following the laws of the universe.  It works both ways, you see.

well, we can't unless we can - but it's not up to us - we only think it is.

You have no control over what you say, or what you have said, you only think so.  Don't you feel silly?  You are blathering and shouting at us because that is what your body, and the universe is telling you to do.

It must suck to not know you don't have control, think you have control, and make it sound like you do have control.  You are just a chemical reaction, and in this case yelling at other chemical reactions.

It's kinda funny, actually.  My response is also beyond my control, as is how you will or won't respond.

Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.
Isaac Asimov