Score one for science: Brain Scans to Diagnose Schizophrenia

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Score one for science: Brain Scans to Diagnose Schizophrenia

Brain Imaging can identify schizophrenia before symptoms develop

I'm going through one of those phases in my life where religion seems so ludicrous that I shouldn't even have to point it out.  Anyway, gee golly whiz.  Science has contributed something new to the world that's going to make life better for lots of people.  That brings the total of life-enhancing scientific improvements to somwhere around ten million.

As far as I know, religion's still stuck at zero.

How long is it going to take before people notice a connection?

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
Noo! they're closing in... i

Noo! they're closing in... i must... i must stop them, before they reveal us... yes... stop them... i must

I REALLY hate testing like this, all it does is analyzes "likelyhood" and then shove pills down some poor sods throat for the rest of his life. Ground breaking indeed. >.> that being said, it is still 1 step ahead of religion

What Would Kharn Do?

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:I'm going

Hambydammit wrote:

I'm going through one of those phases in my life where religion seems so ludicrous that I shouldn't even have to point it out.

Haha! I think that's the internet addiction wearing off.

Anyway, as nigel said earlier, "colour me unsurprised".

PS - brilliant idea from the researcher to use facial recognition as the test. Really brilliant. I'm assuming that would work equally well in the early detection of autism, as well.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote:PS - brilliant idea

Quote:
PS - brilliant idea from the researcher to use facial recognition as the test. Really brilliant. I'm assuming that would work equally well in the early detection of autism, as well.

I'm pretty sure they've been doing emotion recognition in autism research.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

sharoosunidhi
User is offlineOffline
Manic Depression News and Discussion Forum

Hi,

I am newly join in this site.this site is very useful to others.Science has contributed something new to the world that's going to make life better for lots of people.  That brings the total of life-enhancing scientific improvements to somwhere around ten million.

============================

Find the latest news about Depression, Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia.  Discuss Mood Disorders topics with members of the Health Community.

Manic Depression News and Discussion Forum

MichaelMcF
Science Freak
MichaelMcF's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote: Quote:PS

Hambydammit wrote:

Quote:

I'm pretty sure they've been doing emotion recognition in autism research.

I just had my brain scanned to help out with some autism research conducted by a friend.  He's using "behavioural recognition" - my phrase, I'm sure not the correct term - to try and find the differences between autistic and non-autistic brains.

Quite frankly i signed up for the free IQ test and the chance to play around with a 3D model of my own brain, but I'm now quite glad that I've helped out.  Hopefully it leads somewhere.

M

Forget Jesus, the stars died so that you could be here
- Lawrence Krauss