Defining "saddlebacking"

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Defining "saddlebacking"

Don't know how many of you read Dan Savage, but assuming you don't, he's having people vote on a sexual definition for the term "saddleback", this being the embarrassing name of the ever so purposeful Rick Warren's church/mall/HMO out in California.  If you aren't familiar with Warren somehow, just google him and you'll understand the sentiment.  Savage previously defined "santorum" (after Pennsylvania senator and bestiality rights defender Rick Santorum) as "frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter which sometimes results following anal sex", and I think that one was slowly catching on until Santorum lost his re-election bid.  He's got about eight options to vote on, my favorite being the following:

(5) "'Saddlebacking' should be the term for the phenomenon of Christian teens engaging in unprotected anal sex in order to preserve their virginities. 'After attending the Purity Ball, Heather and Bill saddlebacked all night because she's saving herself for marriage.' Please, please adopt this definition!"

The remainder of your choices are here, if you'd like to have your opinion heard:  http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/SavageLove?oid=969486

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
"Saddlebacking" should be

"Saddlebacking" should be referred to as the act in which you get a saddle and ride on your partner's back like a horse.  Why tip toe around shit like this? 

Furthermore, who gives a flying fuck?

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Of the available options,

Of the available options, I also prefer 5, although I can't really think of a reason why it should be called saddlebacking as opposed to anything else.  I do think that behavior needs a name, though.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

aiia
Superfan
aiia's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

"Saddlebacking" should be referred to as the act in which you get a saddle and ride on your partner's back like a horse.

Actually there is a sex aid that could easily be refered to as a saddlebacking device

http://www.bodybouncer.com/index.html

People who think there is something they refer to as god don't ask enough questions.

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Um... that's sort of like

Um... that's sort of like your own private bouncing gloryhole.  

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Um... that's sort of

Quote:
Um... that's sort of like your own private bouncing gloryhole.

You say that as if it's a bad thing. 

You tryin' to squeeze an inch in on me somewhere, HUH?!?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
"I didn't know they stacked

"I didn't know they stacked shit that high!"

Saddlebacking - The act of having sex on top of someones body while he or she is unconscious or dead.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
MySpace

Sage_Override
atheistBlogger
User is offlineOffline
Quote:Saddlebacking - The

Quote:
Saddlebacking - The act of having sex on top of someones body while he or she is unconscious or dead.

Peter Griffin: "Hey, Lois; let's have sex on his back like we used to."

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Sage_Override

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

LOL, I forgot about that. See? It needs a definition! I nominate saddlebacking... I wonder... Does that make it a threesome?

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.

MySpace

Answers in Gene...
High Level Donor
Answers in Gene Simmons's picture
User is offlineOffline
spike.barnett

spike.barnett wrote:

Sage_Override wrote:

Quote:

LOL, I forgot about that. See? It needs a definition! I nominate saddlebacking... I wonder... Does that make it a threesome?

Only if Herbert wakes up.

NoMoreCrazyPeople wrote:
Never ever did I say enything about free, I said "free."

=

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
People in America are fucked

People in America are fucked right up.

That's all.

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:People

Kevin R Brown wrote:

That's all.

I like to think it's a good sort of fucked up sometimes. It's all in jest. Well for most of us...

MySpace

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline

[edit] double post

nigelTheBold
atheist
nigelTheBold's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kevin R Brown wrote:

That's all.

Bah.

People everywhere are fucked right up. Just some more than others.

"Yes, I seriously believe that consciousness is a product of a natural process. I find that the neuroscientists, psychologists, and philosophers who proceed from that premise are the ones who are actually making useful contributions to our understanding of the mind." - PZ Myers

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline

Kevin R Brown wrote:

That's all.

So where are you from?

MySpace

PorkChop
Rational VIP!SuperfanSilver Member
User is offlineOffline
I think he's from Canadia.

I think he's from Canadia.

Scyth3s
Scyth3s's picture
User is offlineOffline
Franceland, Canadia?

Franceland, Canadia?

Kevin R Brown
Superfan
Kevin R Brown's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Yes, Canada, where people

Sticking out tongue

Yes, Canada, where people are also fucked up - but at least we don't devote entire dialogues to trying to give 'saddlebacking' a precise definition.

Quote:
"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression and violence, and enjoy it to the full."

- Leon Trotsky, Last Will & Testament
February 27, 1940

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Canadians

I firmly believe that Tom Green would devote an entire two hour MTV timeblock to defining the term "saddlebacking" if given the opportunity.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
Kevin R Brown wrote:Yes,

Kevin R Brown wrote:

Yes, Canada, where people are also fucked up - but at least we don't devote entire dialogues to trying to give 'saddlebacking' a precise definition.

I like my definition... Anyway. I've often thought of moving to Canada. It's only a three hour drive as it is.

MySpace

HisWillness
atheistRational VIP!
HisWillness's picture
User is offlineOffline
Awelton85 wrote:I firmly

Awelton85 wrote:
I firmly believe that Tom Green would devote an entire two hour MTV timeblock to defining the term "saddlebacking" if given the opportunity.

Yes, you would probably be right. We're all very embarrassed about Mr. Green up here in Canada, but since we've supplied half of your entertainment industry, we figure a few no-talent hacks getting through is alright.

Saint Will: no gyration without funkstification.
fabulae! nil satis firmi video quam ob rem accipere hunc mi expediat metum. - Terence

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
Point taken. Tom Green is my

Point taken. Tom Green is my fall back response against Canada. It is an American last stand ingrained at birth, like the lyrics to sweet home Alabama.

"So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence." - Bertrand Russell

Stewie: Yay and God said to Abraham, "you will kill your son, Issak", and Abraham said, I can't hear you, you'll have to speak into the microphone." "Oh I'm sorry, Is this better? Check, check, check... Jerry, pull the high end out, I'm still getting some hiss back here."

Jeffrick
High Level DonorRational VIP!SuperfanGold Member
Jeffrick's picture
User is offlineOffline
Canada

Awelton85 wrote:
Point taken. Tom Green is my fall back response against Canada. It is an American last stand ingrained at birth, like the lyrics to sweet home Alabama.

Tom Green is from Ottawa, where our federal politicians hang out; which means he grew up among dull no-talent people.   The rest of Canada is macho enough, a place where men are men and sheep are nervious.

"Very funny Scotty; now beam down our clothes."

VEGETARIAN: Ancient Hindu word for "lousy hunter"

If man was formed from dirt, why is there still dirt?

spike.barnett
Superfan
spike.barnett's picture
User is offlineOffline
I never saw him as

I never saw him as talented... but I was mildly entertained.

Awelton85
Superfan
Awelton85's picture
User is offlineOffline
"The rest of Canada is macho

"The rest of Canada is macho enough, a place where men are men and sheep are nervous."

Beer just shot out of my nose.