FFRF Stops Twice Daily Mandatory Prayer in Iraq

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
FFRF Stops Twice Daily Mandatory Prayer in Iraq

How could they think this was allowed? How was theocracy allowed to take over the military so much in the last few years?

STORY

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:How could

MattShizzle wrote:

How could they think this was allowed? How was theocracy allowed to take over the military so much in the last few years?

STORY

You are missinformed. It is our duty as citizens to be good Uncle Toms and ride in the back of the bus and know our place. Jewish and Buddhist and atheist military members must understand that "God bless our troops" means that they are fighting for the Christian monopoly of what it means to be an American and they are merely tokens in their own country.

If you aint figthen for Jebus you aint Merken!

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 It's nice to see that

It's nice to see that something has been done, but it's alarming to see just how much needs to be done.  This, by the way, is why everyone here should also support the FFRF if possible!

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
Luckilly I had donated

Luckilly I had donated enough before I was broke to have a membership until this coming November. The stories about the Evangelical Christian takeover of the military in recent years are horrifying.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
I've not seen or heard of

I've not seen or heard of anything like this in the Dept of the Navy. Having served in an enlisted capacity and civil service capacity for the last 17 years I've never seen such a thing on Navy installations. However, it pisses me off that chaplains automatically assume that all military personnel are christian. I wish they would do away with the chaplain core entirely sometimes. That being said, the chaplains that I know are usually pretty cool and provide services that are asked for and not mandatory.

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS