Christians Worship a Golden Calf... er... Bull

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Christians Worship a Golden Calf... er... Bull

Yes, kids.  This is a picture of Christians gathered 'round a Golden Bull praying.

Honestly, I think this is one of the best self-pwnages I've ever seen.

Here are the sources:

Blog Source

CBN Source

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

DamnDirtyApe
Silver Member
DamnDirtyApe's picture
User is offlineOffline
Fucking idolaters.  They

Fucking idolaters.  They should look out for the ground opening them up and swallowing them whole, much like Dathan in the Desert following the Exodus.

Admittedly, a bunch of them did pray for gas to go down and that happened...right after the governments of the Western world nationalized their financial institutions.  Maybe the economy will improve in the same way...right after we legalize prostitution, heroin and machine guns.

"The whole conception of God is a conception derived from ancient Oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men."
--Bertrand Russell

Nikolaj
Superfan
Nikolaj's picture
User is offlineOffline
Dude...Just...dude...How

Dude...

Just...dude...

How stupid can people get? Have they no idea just how ironic this is? I thought the golden calf story was one of the most recognizible stories of the Bible? I've known it since I was a kid, and I've never been exposed to the Bible like these people must have been.

I know they have no idea what the 30 years war was, and think the capital of Italy is Fettucini, but you'd at least expect them to know the Bible that they've devoted their whole lives to.

If they haven't filled their heads with knowlegde about the world, AND they haven't filled it with the Bible, then what exactly do they spend their time filling their heads with? The lyrics to God Bless America? I know those too (taught myself the other day, just for the hell of it).

Well I was born an original sinner
I was spawned from original sin
And if I had a dollar bill for all the things I've done
There'd be a mountain of money piled up to my chin

Eloise
TheistBronze Member
Eloise's picture
User is offlineOffline
It never ceases to amaze

It never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I see or read the extraordinary level of plain dumb ignorance that crazed bible thumpers will stoop to. Just when you thought they couldn't possibly get any thicker...

Theist badge qualifier : Gnostic/Philosophical Panentheist

www.mathematicianspictures.com

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
 Quote: It never ceases to

Quote:
 It never ceases to amaze me, no matter how many times I see or read the extraordinary level of plain dumb ignorance that crazed bible thumpers will stoop to. Just when you thought they couldn't possibly get any thicker...

If I'm not careful, I'm going to start thinking that fundamentalists have an infinite capacity for stupidity, and that would make me rethink my entire model of the universe, since I don't believe in the reality of the infinite.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Nikolaj wrote:

"How stupid can people get?"

Me: There may well be no practical limit to the stupidity of some.  I, myself, was scandalized a while back to see a patently obvious interloper go completely undetected in a Promise Keeper's rally.  This was even after he had signed a piece of paper (...I forget what it was about...) as "Satan's Big Cock."  What's even more shocking is that--unless I miss my guess--these are people who would tell you that Roman Catholic Christians are "idolaters," and, of course, "not true Christians."  (All those Rosaries are just so objectionable.  For what it's worth, the golden calf story certainly was a part of my (Catholic) religious upbringing.

Oh, but everyone knows that the capital of Italy is Lasagna.  That's why Weird Al wrote a song about it.

As for filling their own heads with knowledge of any sort...this is starting to look to me like empirical evidence that these folks flatly refuse to fill their heads with knowledge of any sort.

Conor

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Eloise wrote:

"Just when you thought they couldn't possibly get any thicker..."

Me: I'll second that.

Conor

Cali_Athiest2
Cali_Athiest2's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hell, they might have a good

Hell, they might have a good idea. I'm about ready to start praying for my investments too. Talk about desperate!

"Always seek out the truth, but avoid at all costs those that claim to have found it" ANONYMOUS

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
In before christianAh but

In before christian

Ah but everyone knows those aren't True Christians

hazindu
Superfan
hazindu's picture
User is offlineOffline
Seems like a small step up

Seems like a small step up to me.  Afterall, you CAN see and touch that thing.  That doesn't make it a god, but it's still an improvenment over using a figmant of imagination as a crutch.

If they do read the Bible, they should know that god has the power of a unicorn and has shortcomings when dealing with iron chariots.  Modern iron chariots are quite a bit scarier complete with rolling tracks and a big ass cannon.  Let's see god handle that!

"I've yet to witness circumstance successfully manipulated through the babbling of ritualistic nonsense to an imaginary deity." -- me (josh)

If god can do anything, can he make a hot dog so big even he can't eat all of it?

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
"There is more stupidity

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
Frank Zappa

catholic girls - a song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY5QoBOUBHo&feature=related

Go Frank, our dead friend ... not forgotten.

http://www.positiveatheism.org/hist/quotes/qnavnamtop.htm