Anonymous Hacks Palin's Yahoo Account

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Anonymous Hacks Palin's Yahoo Account

Full article here:  http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/09/17/palins_yahoo_account_hacked.html

Quote:

Palin's Yahoo! Account Hacked

Updated 8:37 p.m.
By Michael D. Shear and Karl Vick
A group of computer hackers said yesterday they accessed a Yahoo! e-mail account of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential nominee, publishing some of her private communications to expose what appeared to be her use of a personal account for government business.

The hackers posted what they said were personal photos, the contents of several messages, the subject lines of dozens of e-mails and Palin's e-mail contact list on a site called WikiLeaks.org. That site claimed that it received the electronic files from a group identifying itself only as "Anonymous."

"At around midnight last night some members affiliated with the group gained access to governor Palin's email account, '[email protected]' and handed over the contents to the government sunshine site Wikileaks.org," said a message on the site.

This woman is not smart.  Maybe with enough exposure, she'll cripple the McCain campaign enough that no amount of rigging will win the election for the Rethuglicans.  Then again, Georgia (my happy home state) went strongly to the McCain side after she was named VP candidate.  McCain isn't conservative or religious enough for most Georgians.  I'm sure that this is somehow God's will.  Maybe he's showing us that Palin is just a flawed human like the rest of us, and it's a damn good thing she's such a good Christian, or she'd really be screwed in life.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Well, one could explain away

Well, one could explain away her poor grasp of computer security with "She's just human", but, how about this?

Quote:

Critics: Under Palin, Wasilla charged rape victims for exam

By George Bryson | Anchorage Daily News

Two state leaders lashed out at the public record of Gov. Sarah Palin on Wednesday as witnesses in a new "Alaska Mythbusters" forum coordinated by supporters of Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Speaking to a teleconference audience of reporters around the nation, former Gov. Tony Knowles and current Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein -- both Democrats -- accused Palin of misleading the public in her new role as the vice presidential running mate of Arizona Sen. John McCain.

While some of their complaints have already been aired, Knowles broke new ground while answering a reporter's question on whether Wasilla forced rape victims to pay for their own forensic tests when Palin was mayor.

True, Knowles said.

Eight years ago, complaints about charging rape victims for medical exams in Wasilla prompted the Alaska Legislature to pass a bill -- signed into law by Knowles -- that banned the practice statewide.

The story is here.

"Subhuman?", perhaps?

EDIT: It was easy:

Quote:

Palin E-Mail Hacker Says It Was Easy

By Kim ZetterSeptember 18, 2008 | 1:05:46 PM

A person claiming to be the hacker who obtained access to Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's private Yahoo e-mail on Tuesday has posted a supposed first-person account of the hack, revealing the relatively simple steps he says he took to crack the private e-mail of the Republican vice-presidential candidate.

The story was briefly posted Wednesday to the 4chan forum where the hack first surfaced. Bloggers have connected the handle of the poster, "Rubico," to an e-mail address, and tentatively identified the owner as a college student.

As detailed in the postings, the Palin hack didn't require any real skill. Instead, the hacker simply reset Palin's password using her birthdate, ZIP code and information about where she met her spouse -- the security question on her Yahoo account, which was answered (Wasilla High) by a simple Google search.

Whole story here.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

KSMB
Scientist
KSMB's picture
User is offlineOffline
I can't access the wikileaks

I can't access the wikileaks site. Am I alone in this? (I'm in the USA)

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
KSMB wrote:I can't access

KSMB wrote:

I can't access the wikileaks site. Am I alone in this? (I'm in the USA)

No, you're not alone. I rather suspect the site is overwhelmed with requests at the moment. "Slashdot effect" without the /.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
This is kind of like

This is kind of like watching a fight between Bill O'Reilly and Warren Jeffs . You don't know who you dislike more.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

HeyZeusCreaseToe
Superfan
HeyZeusCreaseToe's picture
User is offlineOffline
I saw this last night. Its

I saw this last night. Its Dick Cheney Redux. So sad.

scole665
User is offlineOffline
Doesn't sound right

JillSwift wrote:

Whole story here.

This story sounds just like that... a "Story". That notwithstanding, I think hacking like this is reprehensible. This is coming from someone who opposes just about every position or idea which comes from the person hacked! 

god -- I tried you on for size.... you were a little long in the crotch, loose in the waist, short in the length and you made my butt look extra flat. I had to take you back for an exchange.

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
This was in the regular

This was in the regular news. Those anonymous twats are practically terrorists by the way - this might spell their doom. As is often pointed out, we shouldn't praise things like this because next time it could be some right wing fucktard doing the same to a liberal democrat or prominent atheist.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

magilum
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:This was

MattShizzle wrote:

This was in the regular news. Those anonymous twats are practically terrorists by the way - this might spell their doom. As is often pointed out, we shouldn't praise things like this because next time it could be some right wing fucktard doing the same to a liberal democrat or prominent atheist.

Right, like they just needed justification. Repubs don't need to do this guerilla shit; they're boning us all quasi-legitimately.

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:This was in the

Quote:
This was in the regular news. Those anonymous twats are practically terrorists by the way - this might spell their doom.

I would think it very ironic if, in dooming themselves, they also helped doom Palin.  Two evils cancelling each other out.  Somehow, I think they'll survive.  Some DA will get himself a high profile conviction of a couple of college students and everybody will pat themselves on the back, but I doubt this will go much further than that.

Right now, I'm still reeling from the story about Palin forcing rape victims to pay for their own medical exams.  She's an evil, evil twat.

Quote:
As is often pointed out, we shouldn't praise things like this because next time it could be some right wing fucktard doing the same to a liberal democrat or prominent atheist.

I definitely don't approve of the methods, or the people behind this.  However, I think it needs to be reported.  People need to know because this is a woman who wants to be privy to United States security issues.  It doesn't matter who hacked her account.  The point is, she is not only an evil twat, but a stupid evil twat.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit wrote:The point

Hambydammit wrote:
The point is, she is not only an evil twat, but a stupid evil twat.
Sexist! </neocon>

Hambydammit
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
Evolutionary Psychology and

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Hambydammit

Laughing out loud