Oppression of criticism by weight of law.

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Oppression of criticism by weight of law.

We're used to hearing about this kind of crap from Muslim dominated countries. Here's one from an old-world country you may have heard of:

Comedian Sabina Guzzanti 'insulted Pope' in 'poofter devils' gag

If the pope had the tiniest amount of integrity, he'd have called off this idiocy by now.

Where is the outrage from "moderate" Catholics? Or is jailing comedians over jokes really acceptable to you lot?

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Wow, ouch. I am surprized by

Wow, ouch. I am surprized by this being Europe. The Pope is the anti-christ, but just maybe he will intercede for forgivness sakes and saving face. 

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
That is so fucked up.

That is so fucked up.

The Doomed Soul
atheist
The Doomed Soul's picture
User is offlineOffline
... why do i get the feeling

... why do i get the feeling that the pope knows NOTHING about this?

i smell seedy undercurrents... >.>

What Would Kharn Do?

Conor Wilson
User is offlineOffline
Too bad that I can't think of much in the way of Catholic jokes.

...such as:

1. (This is from the time that John Paul II was still Pope.)  Did you hear the one about  the Polish Pope?  He worked a miracle--he made a blind man lame!

2. How many Catholics are willing to change a light bulb?  None--why bother with light bulbs when you have all these candles?

Hey, if the Catholic Church in Italy is going to ask for it by jailing comedians...I suggest that we oblige.  Anybody else got any better ones?

Conor

darth_josh
High Level DonorHigh Level ModeratorGold Member
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
 One of these days, I might

One of these days, I might put more than 5 minutes into this kind of stuff.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Wow darth , you really

Wow darth , you really should .... that's brilliant. 

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Ok, for all the asshole

Ok, for all the asshole Christians(NOT ALL) but the ones who think all atheists are against free speech and FUCK YOU!

This shit pisses me off so bad! And what people don't understand is that the PC atheists and PC Christians in America are with their PC law attitude, will end up having things like that happen here in the states.

I don't give a shit if you are slamming atheists or Christians or blacks or gays. If you value your own right to poke fun at or bitch about others, then you must protect the free speech of EVERYONE.

You can cross Itlay off my wish list of places to visit. If the Pope considars the Vatician it's own country, then why is she under threat of prison in Italy? And why doesn't that  penis wearing asshat grow a thick skin?

LET ME CLUE YOU IN ASSHOLE, you are no one special! You do not have x-ray vision, you do not have the ability to fly. You are just a dickhead who's history has bilked gullible people out of their money so you could live like a king. No one needs you dispite what you or they think. You are merely a clown who has managed a money making scheme!

What are you going to do asshole? Have me arrested too? FUCK YOU YOU PUSSY! Are you going to have a gang of thugs arrest me because you got your feelings hurt?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
Ok someone who is good at

Ok someone who is good at graphics, lets show those idiots what free speech is all about. Can somone take a picture of the dickhead and replace his hat with a dick so he really relfects the dickhead he is?

There is NO human high or low in social status that is special, not even me, and to have someone arrested because they offended you is an offense to humanity. To use force of gun and law to outlaw people saying offensive  things is not only absurd, but dangerous to freedom.

If you don't like what someone says, FINE, use your own voice to counter it. But don't threaten arrest because you merely are offended. That cuts both ways for all sides. Freedom is not the freedom from being offended.

FUCK any Catholic, Muslim, Jew, or atheist who thinks silencing people for merely offending you will protect freedom.

I am suprised this is even on the Pope's radar, I would think he was too busy molesting alter boys.

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Nope. That one is as far as

Nope. That one is as far as I'll go, Brian.

Even here in the last bastion of freethought on planet Earth, I dare not do it.

I've alredy exhausted a couple of sitemembers' patience in the past with graphics too graphic.

Atheist Books, purchases on Amazon support the Rational Response Squad server, which houses Celebrity Atheists.

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Yes, it's her.  

Yes, it's her.

Thomathy
Superfan
Thomathy's picture
User is offlineOffline
This is so distubring.  I

This is so distubring.  I can't put my thoughts into any coherent order on screen I'm so... disgusted.  But more than that.  I feel dirty.

BigUniverse wrote,

"Well the things that happen less often are more likely to be the result of the supper natural. A thing like loosing my keys in the morning is not likely supper natural, but finding a thousand dollars or meeting a celebrity might be."

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is onlineOnline
darth_josh wrote:Nope. That

darth_josh wrote:

I've alredy exhausted a couple of sitemembers' patience in the past with graphics too graphic.

YOUR OPPRESSING ME! So what if I don't own this site. I have a right to come in here and tell  the owners what to do with property I don't own!

(Note to mod: take great note of sarcasm.....and btw...Did I think that or type it?)

In all seriousness, I do find it funny when someone on any board, not just here, demands the right to do something with something they dont own, but the same people, in their own physical houses wont bow to a guest "just because".

Ok, so I don't get a penis on the Pope's head......is there some sort of concolation prize? Mabye the Pope in a clown outfit? Something South Parkish without the "graphicness"?

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
Times Online wrote:Giovanni

Times Online wrote:
Giovanni Ferrara, the Rome prosecutor, is invoking the 1929 Lateran Treaty between Italy and the Vatican, which stipulates that an insult to the Pope carries the same penalty as an insult to the Italian President. Prosecution requires authorisation from the Ministry of Justice, for which Mr Ferrara has applied.

The law even before the treaty is an abomination imho.  Not being able to insult the leader of the country?  It's an appalling law with or without the treaty and should be abolished.

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

mrjonno
User is offlineOffline
Some stupid old law (like

Some stupid old law (like the British blasphemy one) which will be abolish the second someone tries to use it. Italy is bound by the European human rights bill which is a higher legal standing than national government anyway which will just overturn this if the Italians dont themselves

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
Brian37 wrote:darth_josh

Brian37 wrote:

darth_josh wrote:

YOUR OPPRESSING ME! So what if I don't own this site. I have a right to come in here and tell  the owners what to do with property I don't own!

(Note to mod: take great note of sarcasm.....and btw...Did I think that or type it?)

In all seriousness, I do find it funny when someone on any board, not just here, demands the right to do something with something they dont own, but the same people, in their own physical houses wont bow to a guest "just because".

You know what I mean, smartass. lol.

Quote:
Ok, so I don't get a penis on the Pope's head......is there some sort of concolation prize? Mabye the Pope in a clown outfit? Something South Parkish without the "graphicness"?

I have a better idea. Give me a url of a pope picture and I'll add whatever caption or other art(url please) to it and send it to you. What you do with it from there is none of my business.

Make it good. I want them to be GREAT enough to get us imprisoned in Italy.

thingy
SuperfanGold Member
thingy's picture
User is offlineOffline
First there was lolcats,

First there was lolcats, then there was loldogs.  Now, lolpopes.  Who wants to register a site for it?  www.icanhazsouls.com maybe?

Organised religion is the ultimate form of blasphemy.
Censored and blacked out for internet access in ANZ!
AU: http://nocleanfeed.com/ | NZ: http://nzblackout.org/

darth_josh
darth_josh's picture
User is offlineOffline
I hadn't looked at it from

I hadn't looked at it from that perspective, but maybe. There are already 50,000+ doctored images of Pope Benedict.

The difference... Cats can't threaten people with jailtime.