Has anyone ever succeeded in flagging on Craigslist? Help?

hovindcraig
User is offlineOffline
Has anyone ever succeeded in flagging on Craigslist? Help?

And many of those people who died this past week are in heaven right now. And they wouldn't want to come back. It's so glorious and so wonderful. - Billy Graham, 2001-9-14

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
You are kidding about the

You are kidding about the second one, right?

"God, I miss you" is just an expression in this case.

Even if they were talking about God/Religion the only rule it would break, as far as I can tell, is that it would be irrelevant to the category...except they could always say it is in "Missed Connections" because people have missed their connection with God, I guess.

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
I would not imagine that you

I would not imagine that you would have much success with the management of that site. I've heard nothing but constant complaints from police officers saying more crime happens on Craigslist per hour than in Toronto, Ontario. Probably an exaggeration, but in this day and age you never know. And if cops can't get management to do anything without a court order, you'll be up shit creek.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
I'm not sure how it happens

I'm not sure how it happens but I've noticed that here in Dallas things that appear to be pirated softwares are usually pulled within 24 hours.

In one place it says "If a post receives enough negative flags it will automatically be removed (only one flag per person per post is counted). " but it doesn't say what 'enough' is...

Hambydammit
High Level DonorModeratorRRS Core Member
Hambydammit's picture
User is offlineOffline
There's been a fun culture

There's been a fun culture war on my local CL rant and rave section.  For a couple of years, local coeds were posting cell phone photos of themselves naked.  Just about everybody was pretty happy about that state of affairs, but a couple of Christian moralists took it upon themselves to scour the boards daily and flag any posts with naked pictures.  (Interestingly, that meant that the Christians got to see all the naked girls, but kept everyone else from seeing them... how very telling...)

Anyway, I mention that only to say that it apparently doesn't take many flags at all to get something removed from that section.

Atheism isn't a lot like religion at all. Unless by "religion" you mean "not religion". --Ciarin

http://hambydammit.wordpress.com/
Books about atheism

Vastet
atheistBloggerSuperfan
Vastet's picture
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:I'm not sure

nikimoto wrote:

I'm not sure how it happens but I've noticed that here in Dallas things that appear to be pirated softwares are usually pulled within 24 hours.

In one place it says "If a post receives enough negative flags it will automatically be removed (only one flag per person per post is counted). " but it doesn't say what 'enough' is...

I would imagine that pirated software would garner quick attention due to the witch hunt that the entertainment industries have embarked upon.

Still, take my words with a grain of salt. I've never used the site extensively enough to have my own opinion, and am merely relaying words I've heard from others.

Enlightened Atheist, Gaming God.