peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline

Yeah, this show is relatively "old", but I have some thoughts on it.

• This guy talks WAY too much and interrupts like crazy! You guys were extremely patient in dealing with a guy with such bizarre pseudo-philosophical views, who never let you finish a sentence and was always changing the direction of the conversation. I found myself rolling my eyes and scoffing throughout.
  • As for Hitler being Christian, he did admit he was Christian but later spoke out against the religion. From a logical standpoint, Hitler used religion to sway the masses and accept a majority of German Christian support. He wasn't necessarily a believer.
  • On the bullshit story that is Adam & Eve, here's a point I wished I could have made: If Adam & Eve had no concept about good and evil before eating the fruit, then they would not have understood the "evil" of disobeying god. Doh! They would have relied on their curiosity to make the decision, not their morality, since they had no concept of morality yet. Yes, it's a ridiculous point to make on fictional characters without psyches (and who apparently lived 900 years) but theists will be theists...
  • I too would describe myself as a metaphysical naturalist. I think that's a good summation of my worldview.
  • I was hoping someone would interject on morality being a result of evolution due to its biological advantages, as well as a result of memes and possibly an unintended byproduct of some other evolutionary benefit. Religion is similar in this way.
  • I had trouble listening to the entire show because listening to this nice but annoying man was almost impossible to do without wanting to choke him.
  • I loved the whole "cast of characters" remark.

Nice show. I admire the patience of the entire squad. I would've had trouble remaining composed.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
How'd you get that one? It's

How'd you get that one? It's only available up to like 72! Are you sure? 128 might me the size in Mb.

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

Sapient
High Level DonorRRS CO-FOUNDERRRS Core MemberWebsite Admin
User is offlineOffline
MattShizzle wrote:How'd you

MattShizzle wrote:

How'd you get that one? It's only available up to like 72! Are you sure? 128 might me the size in Mb.

Ditto.  I don't even have show 128.  Sticking out tongue

(actually 128 is the type of audio quality)

peppermint
Superfan
peppermint's picture
User is offlineOffline
hahaha. Wow I'm a bit mixed

hahaha. Wow I'm a bit mixed up, then. It's the episode with Kevin Klett, who's a really nice guy but not the best debater.

*Our world is far more complex than the rigid structure we want to assign to it, and we will probably never fully understand it.*

"Those believers who are sophisticated enough to understand the paradox have found exciting ways to bend logic into pretzel shapes in order to defend the indefensible." - Hamby