I call you a fool, the bible says I'm in danger of eternal hellfire now. [YOU RESPOND]

RationalRespons...
RationalResponseSquad's picture
User is offlineOffline
I call you a fool, the bible says I'm in danger of eternal hellfire now. [YOU RESPOND]

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Aug 6, 2008 1:44 AM

I want to know why you are so content with being an atheist. The Bible says that the fool says in his heart that there is no God. And that people like atheists suppress the truth in unrighteousness. I believe that you're living a lie to say that there is no Creator. Atheists, just like every unbeliever (including me before I was a Christian), just don't want to submit to a holy God with righteous standards. 

I urge you to seek wholeheartedly whether the Bible is true. If it isn't, then you have only lost time by seeking. But if it is, then you are under the wrath of God and need to submit to Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. He is the only way to escape justice in hell. Don't blow this off. You have time on earth now. You are not guaranteed to live through the week.

From Sapient: The bible also says that whosoever shall say "Thou fool" is in danger of eternal hellfire.  Way to go Christian!

Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
As you will note from the

As you will note from the signature, the bible also says the fool has said in his heart there is a god. Since the bible is the perfect word of god, both versions must be right.

I urge you to seek wholeheartedly whether the Bible is true.

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
As the entire Bible is

As the entire Bible is subject to individual interpretation, the "truth" of your God is relative. Those "righteous standards" change with your mood.  

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

nikimoto
nikimoto's picture
User is offlineOffline
A Christian wrote:Date: Aug

A Christian

wrote:

I want to know why you are so content with being an atheist.

I'm not a sheep.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
nikimoto wrote:A Christian

nikimoto wrote:

A Christian

wrote:

I'm not a sheep.

Why don't they get that? We're not content with Christianity because we keep looking for more knowledge. The question should be "Why do the Christians settle for less?"

"I do this real moron thing, and it's called thinking. And apparently I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions."
— George Carlin

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Again with Pascal's wager?I

Again with Pascal's wager?

I really hate the drive-by proselytizers. No opportunity to get them to push past the "standard output".

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
JillSwift wrote:Again with

JillSwift wrote:

Again with Pascal's wager?

I really hate the drive-by proselytizers. No opportunity to get them to push past the "standard output".

Then they can go back to their buddies and talk about the brave stand they took when they witnessed to the atheist hordes of the RRS.

— George Carlin

Loc
Superfan
Loc's picture
User is offlineOffline
jcgadfly wrote:Then they can

jcgadfly wrote:

Then they can go back to their buddies and talk about the brave stand they took when they witnessed to the atheist hordes of the RRS.

THIS IS WHERE WE STAND! THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT! THIS IS WHERE WE PREACH!!

Psalm 14:1 "the fool hath said in his heart there is a God"-From a 1763 misprinted edition of the bible

dudeofthemoment wrote:
This is getting redudnant. My patience with the unteachable[atheists] is limited.

Argument from Sadism: Theist presents argument in a wall of text with no punctuation and wrong spelling. Atheist cannot read and is forced to concede.

jcgadfly
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:jcgadfly

Loc wrote:

jcgadfly wrote:

Thsnk you - I needed that laugh.

— George Carlin

Yaerav
Bronze Member
User is offlineOffline
Fortunately we can now point

Fortunately we can now point all the unimaginative drive-by proselytizers to http://youtube.com/watch?v=v9WRG4e6m2s this little video

[Mod Edit: Fixed link]

MattShizzle
User is offlineOffline
The Buybull is complete and

The Buybull is complete and utter bullshit.

Oh yeah, almost forgot:

Matt Shizzle has been banned from the Rational Response Squad website. This event shall provide an atmosphere more conducive to social growth. - Majority of the mod team

JillSwift
Superfan
JillSwift's picture
User is offlineOffline
Loc wrote:THIS IS WHERE WE

Loc wrote:

Madness? THIS... IS... well, ok, it's madness.

"Anyone can repress a woman, but you need 'dictated' scriptures to feel you're really right in repressing her. In the same way, homophobes thrive everywhere. But you must feel you've got scripture on your side to come up with the tedious 'Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve' style arguments instead of just recognising that some people are different." - Douglas Murray

Brian37
atheistSuperfan
Brian37's picture
User is offlineOffline
Quote:You are not guaranteed

Quote:
You are not guaranteed to live through the week.

There are no guarantees? CALL CNN! Thanks for the update.

Thats news to me. But what does that have to do with absurd claims of magic?

I could get hit by a truck today. I could find out I have cancer. I could win the lottery. There are lots of things that COULD happen. But none of these things, good or bad, are a result of a magic man in a white robe vs a man in a red leotard. Does it frighten you that we see through your fictitious super hero? It shouldn't, anymore than it should frighten you that Thor and Vishnu are fictitious.

If humans can get over debunked superstitions, I am quite sure that you can get over yours.

There are no 72 virgins. There are no multiple armed deities. Little Green men didn't give birth to Jesus despite the outrage of Tom Cruise otherwise. And your super hero is no different. If the Egyptian sun god Ra died as a concept and claim, what makes you think your current claim is any more credible?

Could it be you merely like the utopian idea of having a magical protector?

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers."Obama
Check out my poetry here on Rational Responders Like my poetry thread on Facebook under Brian James Rational Poet, @Brianrrs37 on Twitter and my blog at www.brianjamesrationalpoet.blog

anniet
Silver Member
User is offlineOffline
RationalResponseSquad

RationalResponseSquad wrote:

Because I breathe easier now that I live with less fear and hatred in my heart.

RationalResponseSquad wrote:
  I urge you to seek wholeheartedly whether the Bible is true. If it isn't, then you have only lost time by seeking.

Already done.  I have no doubt the bible is no more true than any other book of myths.

Have you taken the time to try and prove that the bible is true?  As you said, you never know when you'll die.  Wouldn't you like to know more about the basis of what you have been using as a guide for your life?

"I am that I am." - Proof that the writers of the bible were beyond stoned.

I AM GOD AS YOU
Superfan
User is offlineOffline
To the Op. Your god is the

To the Op.

Your god is the DEVIL. I am god as you .... but you are blind , as you are an idol devil worshiper , and a hater of what you are .... We are all condemned to be what we are , GOD.  Repent your idol devil worship .... NO MASTER , I am what I am .... g-o-d . YOU ARE GOD too , 100% the nitty gritty .... 

God of Abe is the Devil of wrong thinking. Read the bible, as the hidden story of atheist Jesus is in there. The "Twilight Zone" scripts are especially revealing too .....

WTF ain't GOD ?  Religion is fucking stupid.

I laugh , but it hurts ....

End the need for atheism by destroying traditional theism. Please kill god of Abe. 

Please help , you Pantheists

Shout at the Devil

magilum
User is offlineOffline
A Christian wrote:I want to

A Christian wrote:

Here I thought a position on the matter came down to interpretation of evidence; apparently not so for you.

A Christian wrote:
The Bible says that the fool says in his heart that there is no God.

The Koran says even nastier things about infidels, so it must be even more right.

A Christian wrote:
And that people like atheists suppress the truth in unrighteousness.

What will we do if people ever hear about this religion thing? Oh, the burden on us atheists to suppress it.

A Christian wrote:
I believe that you're living a lie to say that there is no Creator.

Add that to the list of unfounded beliefs you hold.

A Christian wrote:
Atheists, just like every unbeliever (including me before I was a Christian), just don't want to submit to a holy God with righteous standards.

Please demonstrate that a sampling of North American atheists is quantifiably more selfish and less law-abiding than their Christian counterparts. That would be the way to support the premise you seem to think is self-evident.

A Christian wrote:
I urge you to seek wholeheartedly whether the Bible is true.

What part is true? That it exists? That it's a book? That it sucks?

"Americans read everything like Scripture: they grasp the book, shut their eyes and make a global decision to believe or not to believe, and once they've chosen to believe, all critical faculties are deactivated." ~ John Dolan

A Christian wrote:
If it isn't, then you have only lost time by seeking.

How freely you Christians make claims to other people's time.

A Christian wrote:
But if it is, then you are under the wrath of God and need to submit to Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior.

LOL. You really think this rhetoric means something?

A Christian wrote:
He is the only way to escape justice in hell.

And if there's no afterlife at all, you've wasted the only life you have fretting the ramblings of some ancient cultists.

A Christian wrote:
Don't blow this off. You have time on earth now. You are not guaranteed to live through the week.

Do Christians get off on trying to alarm people with their morbidity?

Josh2085
Josh2085's picture
User is offlineOffline
Helping the Mentally ILL

I am content with being an atheist, because I no longer feel the need to please a celestial dictator.  I can now focus on more important things like friends, family, and getting layed more often. 

The Bible also says that we should kill people for working on the sabbath.  The Bible also says that we should kill homosexuals and disobedient children.  It is as clear as day that the Bible was written by fallible, sexist, bigotted men.  If you don't agree with me then you have never read the Bible or you're being intellectually dishonest about it or you're cherry-picking the nice parts and ignoring everything else.  The Bible is a book of inconsistencies, impossibilities, and superstitious non-sense.  I hear Harry Potter books are just as magical as the Bible and probably more entertaining.      

The Koran and the people who hold that book of superstition as the true word of their imaginary friend say that you are going to hell for believing in the Bible.  Either one of you is wrong or, more likely, you are BOTH WRONG.  Think about it, using logic.